PDA

View Full Version : Latest Name Change Bar

Thriller
6th March 2006, 11:46 PM
Sometimes members change their names and other members get confused as to who they are so I ask: "Why not install a Latest Name Change Bar at the bottom of the forums?"

BMG has one and yes, I know thats for the Name Change hack but isn't it possible to make one for normal name changing?

Serebii
6th March 2006, 11:51 PM
BMG is also having problems with their usage, possibly due to hacks.

Sorry but no

Akilah Imani
6th March 2006, 11:51 PM
Sometimes members change their names and other members get confused as to who they are so I ask: "Why not install a Latest Name Change Bar at the bottom of the forums?"

BMG has one and yes, I know thats for the Name Change hack but isn't it possible to make one for normal name changing?
The members whose names are changed are posted in the namechange thread.

Example: Touromacis --> Esperante

If people are confused then they can just look there :/

Edit: Also, no hacks because Serebii sez so >_>

Psycho

Thriller
6th March 2006, 11:58 PM
BMG is also having problems with their usage, possibly due to hacks.

Sorry but no

Did you even know what I asked?

The members whose names are changed are posted in the namechange thread.

Example: Touromacis --> Esperante

If people are confused then they can just look there :/

Laziness, too many people have it...

Fox
7th March 2006, 12:00 AM

ctrl + f, type name, Enter, BINGO

simple as that o.o

yeah... >>

Serebii
7th March 2006, 12:02 AM

Yes I did, and by implementing hacks like BMG did, our Usage which is already a problem will go up and cause more problems

Thriller
7th March 2006, 12:04 AM
Except I am not talking about any hacks. If you can make those icons under our name like you did last week, can't you make a bar above the "online now" bar thats linked to the name changes?

MidnightScott
7th March 2006, 12:04 AM
I don't see why people can't just put something in their sig that says "Formerly known as [insert old username here]"

I think it would be a waste of space to have something like that on the forum - especially if people can hack it.

~Scott;229;

Akilah Imani
7th March 2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, if people are to lazy to look for a member then its their problem >_>

Its not even that hard and there's plenty of ways to make your name change known.

To reiterate, ctrl + f = OMFGO! :o

Psycho

Thriller
7th March 2006, 12:15 AM
Or there might be some people who don't even bother to go into the Newbie section :o. I like never go into the newbie section and to go just to see who has changed there name is a waste of time in my book

Akilah Imani
7th March 2006, 12:21 AM
Lol, riiiiight. Look, you've already lost this thread because your lame reasons SUCK! -_-

Or there might be some people who don't even bother to go into the Newbie section :o. I like never go into the newbie section and to go just to see who has changed there name is a waste of time in my book
Who's problem is that? :o

Nothing should be changed just because you're to lazy or you don't want to >_>

The answer is there, I suggest that people learn how to SEARCH; that's what you do when you WANT to FIND something. Duh.

Psycho

Serebii
7th March 2006, 12:31 AM
User Ranks were already in the System, what you ask for is not and would require hacks

RaZoR LeAf
7th March 2006, 12:32 AM

Every single member should start in the Newbie Forum. If you're too lazy to look in the name change topic, then you're too lazy to look at a bar at the bottom of the forum (which will only show the most recent, and name changes are done in bulk, so it's pointless). If you are confused as to who a person is, there's this nifty little feature called "PMing them and asking".

O Fortuna
9th March 2006, 9:42 AM
One thing I'm wondering is this. Is anything like this really necessary at all? The only people who need to know of our name changes are the mods, really. Many of us retain our existing sig so seeing a 'different' member with the exact same sig is probably a sign of their name-change. As for any others, if they were a friend, I'm sure they'd alert you to their name change. So, what would be the point of advertising the name changes? None of my friends have ever had any problems telling me apart from others through various name changes.

Shigaiko
9th March 2006, 11:37 AM
Yes I did, and by implementing hacks like BMG did, our Usage which is already a problem will go up and cause more problems
I'm gonna go off-topic for a sec. If you installed the name change hack itself, it wouldn't increase load problems; if you added the name change bar to the forum index, that might, but it's unlikely, since it only uses 1 query and every page uses anywhere from 5 to 50 queries.

Could at least give it a try. ;/