PDA

View Full Version : My deck, Mount. Thunder

Mudkipchan
7th March 2006, 9:54 PM
This is my only deck I had ever used in a tourament. In fact, I built this deck in the tourament with a few booster packs, so that is why my deck looks like a beginner deck.

Mount Thunder is a Delta Species deck.

Pokemon:
Ditto Pikachu: 1
Ditto Geodude: 1
Dratini Delta Species: 1
Dragonair Delta Species: 2
Eevee 69/133: 1
Jolton Ex: 1
Makuhita: 1
Hariyama: 1
Marill: 2
Azumarill Delta Species: 1
Meowth: 1
Persian: 1
Cubone: 1
Sandshrew: 1
Rayquazza Delta Species: 1
Ralts: 1

Energy:
Thunder: 7
Fighting: 6
Water: 3

Trainers:
Potion: 2
Holon Farmer: 1
Switch: 1
Super Scoop Up: 1
Holon Ruins: 1

And that's about it. Now before you say "That deck will make you loose all the time", then.. my deck won me three times.

So please rate it? Thank you.

Avegaille
8th March 2006, 12:24 PM
WTF? *coughs* Sorry for the swear, but this will not do. You know, you should have more Basic Pokemon than its evolution line. Let's say you have two Dragonairs. You should have at least either the same number of Dratini in your deck or at least one more of it. And I find that you have too much evolutions lines in your deck. And I suppose you seem to lack Trainer Cards to get your cards faster. And why is there a Ralts in your deck if you don't have its evolution lines.

I recommend keeping a decent evolution lines of at least 2 to 3. You can have some supporting Pokemon either to get more cards or evolution lines, but that's your choice. Add some Trainer Cards, I recommend, maybe lessen the evolution lines and add a basic Pokemon equal to its evolution line or at least one more than its evolution card. ^_~

Alakazam
9th March 2006, 3:57 AM
NO!
You should have 2 more Dratini and a Dragonite. Another 2 Meowth and another Persian. More trainers also help and others will tell you more later.

Mudkipchan
9th March 2006, 4:03 AM
But, where I live I don't know where to get more Delta Species booster packs, and that was the only cards that came in the booster pack which I was given at the tourament to make my deck there!!!

Edit: I have Ralts in there because it only needs any kind of energy for it's only two attacks. One attack can help me get more cards.

But I find my deck pretty useful and decent, even if it is messed up.

Avegaille
10th March 2006, 12:04 PM
But, where I live I don't know where to get more Delta Species booster packs, and that was the only cards that came in the booster pack which I was given at the tourament to make my deck there!!!

Edit: I have Ralts in there because it only needs any kind of energy for it's only two attacks. One attack can help me get more cards.

But I find my deck pretty useful and decent, even if it is messed up.

Hmm, you went on a Prerelease tournament? Well, if you are going to keep this deck that you built, you mgiht consider improving it. And the reason why you won three times is that maybe the other players were in a same situations as you were. They had to work on the booster packs that was given to them in order to win in the tournament.

But you can always go to hobby shops around your town or city and check if they sell booster packs of Delta Species.

Mudkipchan
11th March 2006, 2:54 AM
Well, can I improve it with cards from the past? Such as Basic and Jungle?

Buizeru
11th March 2006, 3:47 AM
No, just no. Must use Ruby & Sapphire and above.

Mudkipchan
11th March 2006, 4:53 AM
Ok, well I have a few Ex: Ruby and Sappire and some spare Ex: Delta Species I gotten at the same tourament.

So my Basic and Jungle cards are useless now? What a load of fishpaste!

Buizeru
12th March 2006, 2:00 PM
No, just save them. In a few years, they'll be worth alot of money.

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 2:12 AM
But I do not want to sell them.

Avegaille
13th March 2006, 6:43 AM
Lol, are we here to rate your deck or talk abotu your cards? If you wish to improve your deck, then you need to buy more booster packs. They don't exactly need to come from the same set. In fact, the more set variations you can combine in your deck, the better...

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 6:48 AM
I have another Dratini, I could replace one of my Dragonairs with it....

All I'm saying that leage-holders must be kind enough to let the much, much older cards be allowed to be used in decks. It's only fair.

Avegaille
13th March 2006, 6:56 AM
I have another Dratini, I could replace one of my Dragonairs with it....

All I'm saying that leage-holders must be kind enough to let the much, much older cards be allowed to be used in decks. It's only fair.

Well, actually, it's the official rules listed by the Pokemon Company itself. League holders can't change those, so they might as well stick with them.

And yeah, it would be best if you should and remove the Ralts card.

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 6:59 AM
Then what can I replace the Ralts card with? I don't know.

Well then, maybe the company should change a few things. Because it shouldn't matter what card you use in your deck, just as long as you can put them to good use.