PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion---SPAM FORUM?!

XxGreivousxX
9th March 2006, 1:59 AM
Spam Forum. I woulve liked that, Im sure older people would love this. But same rules apply about swearing/nudity etc.

Ethereal
9th March 2006, 2:02 AM
Im sure older people would love this.
No I wouldn't. This has been suggested dozens of times, and it is still just as horrendous a idea as it always has been.

Altair
9th March 2006, 2:07 AM
Lol, SPAM forum? What would it amount to? I'm sure it would get boring after a while, and it would also take up space that might be needed for something else, though I obviously don't know what.

Flaming Lip
9th March 2006, 2:12 AM
I know a forum that has a SPAM section...

Its pretty much divided between Games, Role Plays, and Polls, for which this forum has a forum for. So I think its a bit unnecessary.

Crazedyanma
9th March 2006, 2:13 AM
It's totally unesscessary and a waste of space.

Yup. Short, sweet, and to the point. :)

NOW WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE CLOSE THIS?

Fatal
9th March 2006, 2:16 AM
Err... no. :(

A spam forum is one of the many things I like to call "EFLC" or Entertainment For Little Children.

Besides, we practically have a spam forum already- Games. D:

If you want to spam, just play the "Spam Game," and bingo, you have yourself some EFLC.

-Fatal

TRJessie579
9th March 2006, 2:23 AM
This is kind of along the same vein as the person who told me we should have a thread for talking about cheat codes "so people could discuss cheats and not get in trouble."

Yay, let's have a section for posting stuff that breaks the rules!

Besides the fact that, as in the previous example, this is suggested by a person who already got in trouble for doing the thing they're suggesting a section/thread for. >>;;

indigestible_wad
9th March 2006, 3:40 AM
SPAM forums are a bad idea for larger forums, as they take up so much space and don't do anything for anybody. Besides, most of the time it's just little kids who do it because they want to get away from rules. On the plus side, atleast we'd know who the n00bs and trolls are.

Shigaiko
9th March 2006, 3:45 AM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you came from Gaia Online - no?

There's forums to discuss whatever you want (even if subjects are sorta limited in Misc.) and a games forum for any other pointless fun you may need. There's really nothing more that can be given. >_>

Luke Groundwalker
9th March 2006, 3:59 AM
On the plus side, atleast we'd know who the n00bs and trolls are.
Well, I think trolls would be posting in the regular forums, simply because they want attention from all of the members (all of the major members, at least) and they know that they're being stupid. :P

On another note, no, I don't think we should have a spam forum. The game and club forums are already a forum with mild spam in it, so we really don't require a spam forum. And there's no need for a forum for random spam anyway. Spam is just annoying, and even more annoying in a huge mass. And I think people would get carried away and start breaking all of the rules of SPPf in those forums, like posting pics with nudity in it, or flaming other members, etcetra.

Locke Yggdrasill
9th March 2006, 4:08 AM
Besides, we practically have a spam forum already- Games. 8D

ON this idea..I have to slap a big "no". For a small, near inactive forum, with no more than 2 members on at a time, it's fine. for a large forum, it's a terrible idea.
Although, I still have no idea why discussion of cheats isn't allowed. :<

XanderWolf
9th March 2006, 4:19 AM
... I can only say this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/ShadowsDoor/RUSTOOPUD.jpg

But really. Dumb idea. =/

Magma Instinct
9th March 2006, 4:25 AM
This has to be the worst idea I have ever heard. Do you actually think Joe gets this service for free?

PsiUmbreon
9th March 2006, 4:43 AM
What would the point of a spam forum be? We already have Games, and that's close enough. :P

Eileen
9th March 2006, 4:57 AM
SPAM would just eat up bandwidth and database storage. I'm sure we don't want to become another Gaia Online, do we...

I just can't stand spam, and a SPAM forum would encourage SPAM, not stop it.

ArrEmmDee
9th March 2006, 5:02 AM
I just can't stand spam, and a SPAM forum would encourage SPAM, not stop it.

This is true. In my experience, these spam forums actually end up inadvertently spilling into the whole forum, and significantly decreasing the sort of effort and positive attitude put into posts throughout the forum. Your mindset sort of changes from coming to the forum to discuss things... to going to the spam forum.. eventually the sarcasm turns to 'sarcastic' poor grammar... until it becomes serious.... and the mindset is brought by the user into other forums.

It snowballs within the spam forum, and then spills out into the entire forum.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
9th March 2006, 5:07 AM
Spam forums are what turn forums into crap, It's just totally pointless,
SPAM stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages, so a big NO, Someone close this

Akilah Imani
9th March 2006, 5:08 AM
This is brilliant 8D

I can see it now:

Random stupid user: *SPAMs* i leik eggs!!11!!!11!
Mod: This belongs in the SPAM forum *moves*

That's like creating a flamewar forum and expecting flamewars to only occur there >_>;;;

Yeah, it not only sucks, its also worse than asking to permit a Miscellaneous Face-off section :D

how come no one iscloseing this?
Your post belongs in the SPAM forum. Read the rules, next time -_-;;

Psycho

POKErUsAm
9th March 2006, 5:10 AM

Kirby
9th March 2006, 5:30 AM
We have enough spam as it is on these forums, we don't need a whole section for people to act like morons, we get that enough as it is. So...no...no spam forum.

Fatal
9th March 2006, 5:38 AM
... I can only say this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/ShadowsDoor/RUSTOOPUD.jpg

But really. Dumb idea. =/

Xander, I know you left for a while and may not have seen some of the announcemments from a little while ago, but those pictures are basically the same as those "O RLY?" pics, and those are now not allowed.

Not that I'm against them, just giving you a heads-up. :/

Spam forums are what turn forums into crap, It's just totally pointless,

lol, that's why your forum has one, right? >>;

-Fatal

Eszett
9th March 2006, 5:43 AM
Sure, I would love to have such a section, but each time you post in it you would get a warning. Three warnings from there would earn you a ban. Hmm, this could predict who will break the rules and protect them from mucking up the boards with the preemptive bans. ;D

In all seriousness, no. The servers which run the forums already push it to the limit; they certainly don't need to walk along the razor's edge and have the colossal burden of a forum where several people would post utter drivel to their heart's content. Besides of which, the Games forum is essentially just that, and lo and behold, the administration has been discussing removing it. Those threads are pretendously long; those database entries contain little meaning within the posts with which to begin. Methinks they would be much better utilized were they to be used for posts in the Debate forum or even for commentary on the new Pokemon.

Shigaiko
9th March 2006, 5:44 AM
How come you ask such stupid questions?

:(

POKErUsAm
9th March 2006, 5:45 AM
you said a mouth full.............and
How come you ask such stupid questions?

:(
the mods have already been here,like 3 of them,that is not a stupid qustion.why are you being a jerk about somthing so stupid?

Shigaiko
9th March 2006, 5:47 AM
Might I ask why you want this thread closed?

POKErUsAm
9th March 2006, 5:49 AM
the same reason everyone else does.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
9th March 2006, 5:51 AM
It's still a discussion it will be closed eventually

lol, that's why your forum has one, right? >>;

-Fatal No it's not, Spam games are close enough

Shigaiko
9th March 2006, 5:51 AM
That's really no reason to ask 3 times why the thread hasn't been closed yet. ;/

♥~Darkness Within~♥
9th March 2006, 5:52 AM
Well it will be closed when a mod shows up

POKErUsAm
9th March 2006, 5:56 AM
when you spam it annoys the heck out of everyone!you happy?geez,its no big deal.

TRJessie579
9th March 2006, 6:00 AM
Wow, the thread about spam sections turns into a spam fest. Ironic?

POKErUsAm, you're not understanding what mods can and can't do. Only Serebii and the other SMods/Admins can close threads here. Mods and Mod+s can't, they are restricted to their sections only. Don't complain about Mods posting here and not closing the thread because we CAN'T.

And stop mini-modding, this will be closed when a Mod who CAN close it gets on, and decides it SHOULD be closed. Not when you decide. Kthxbai.

POKErUsAm
9th March 2006, 6:02 AM
not to ironic.sorry,didnt knew it worked that way,im going to another thread now,and im pretty sure everyone else will to.