PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Megan Hollingshead?

Pikaflash
9th March 2006, 6:45 AM
What Happened to Voice Actress of Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Cassidy, Duplica and more in Pokemon, I've could hear that they have another different voice, but I can't understand why? Well, I'm not sure if she is who dubs Duplica in Pokemon because in other web pages say that her voice is Lisa's Ortiz voice but I don't think is she, I think Megan Hollingshead is real Duplica's voice actress but What Happened to her?

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th March 2006, 7:27 AM
She moved to LA, and since 4Kids is in New York, she had to quit.

Fizz
9th March 2006, 9:19 AM
The new voice actress doesn't sound anything like her. It bugs me.

Geki
9th March 2006, 1:49 PM
Yeah I know Fizz. Officer Jenny's new voice is just plain TERRIBLE.

Gravy
9th March 2006, 2:12 PM
Does the new voice actress definately perform the voices of both Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy? I've listened to each one, and while Joy doesn't sound too shabby, Officer Jenny is pretty dire in a couple of scenes.

"Stop. NOW I've got you trapped."

HoennMaster
9th March 2006, 2:17 PM
I knew Jenny got a new voice right away put I can't tell Joy has a new VA

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th March 2006, 9:26 PM
Y'know, did anyone see the Meowth in Boots episode saturday. When Jessie was mimicking Jenny, her voice was VERY close ot the original, imo.

Sharpshooter
9th March 2006, 9:38 PM
I'm still unable sometimes to get used to Joy or Jenny without her voice. I really liked her doing Cassidy as well and that was pretty difficult to adapt to when watching the whole of the chronicles series. Feel's like he's got a new partner sometimes.

ArrEmmDee
11th March 2006, 2:36 AM
Y'know, did anyone see the Meowth in Boots episode saturday. When Jessie was mimicking Jenny, her voice was VERY close ot the original, imo.

It was also hilarious. :P

Kamex
11th March 2006, 2:41 AM
Are you sure? So I guess the rumors I heard that she wanted more money were false... I should have figured so. 4Kids is filthy stinkin' rich, they MUST share the wealth with their voice actors.

Thriller
11th March 2006, 3:43 AM

Woah, I never knew that.

New Nurse Joy is too high pitched IMO but New Officer Jenny is Excellent.

BTW, who is it thats doing Joy and Jenny now?

Dogasu
11th March 2006, 5:09 AM
4Kids is filthy stinkin' rich, they MUST share the wealth with their voice actors.

Nope. Voice actors don't get paid diddly squat, and 4Kids' VA's aren't any different.

CyberCubed
11th March 2006, 5:25 AM
Dogasu, you're saying the 4kids VA work for free?

PDL
11th March 2006, 6:16 AM
Dogasu, you're saying the 4kids VA work for free?

obviously they don't work for free, but most of that money 4kids get goes directly to the CEOs and higher-ups at 4kids...

Kamex
12th March 2006, 10:08 PM
What? Wow, I didn't know that. It's kinda stupid though, because the VA's are the main part of the business, IMO. Maybe it IS smart to ask for more money... >_>

I mean, skip a few edits an episode and you've got a pay raise for all the voice actors. XD

Pikaflash
14th March 2006, 7:06 AM
I don't know who are the new VA of Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny but I only know that Cassidy's New VA is Andy Whaley voice of Corina in Mew Mew Power.