PDA

View Full Version : Fire Type of choice....

Clockworkz
10th March 2006, 10:51 PM
Should I stick with Typlosion, Magmar, or Charizard? I'm debating which Fire type I should keep on my team. Any help and reasons why or why not I should use one over the other wold be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

pikachu146
12th March 2006, 8:41 AM
Typlosion.Give it Fire Blast/Flamethower,thunderpunch,earthquake,HP ice/rest.
Fire blast/Flamethower works well with its great special attack.THunderpunch can catch water types on the swich.EQ can kill things FireBlast,ThunderPunch can't.HP ice is for dragonite,or else you can use rest.

Dragon trainer
12th March 2006, 11:27 AM
pikachu146 dragonite are weak to electric been part flying, use HP Ice it take care of dragons ground/rock types. Rest is better though if you do equip a mint berry.

Charizard needs belly drum/earthquake - both of which you can get from yellow, breed to get a male baby snorlax then trade to B/G/R/Y teach eaethquake, trade back, level up to level 22 i think then breed with a female charmander/charmelon/charizard. it also needs flamethrower and rock slide which an also be taught to snorlax on R/B/Y with earthquake.

Magmar needs Fire Blast, Thunderpunch, Cross Chop which can only be obtained on crystal by breeding with machop, thunder punch by breeding with hitmonchan and suny day via tm.

Movesets from the sir chris list.

.TraX.
12th March 2006, 12:12 PM
pikachu146 dragonite are weak to electric been part flying.

This is incorrect, as Dragon is Resistant and Flying is Weak, Dragonite is neutral to Electric.

Charizard works fine ingame without belly drum, swords dance is also a good option.

XRay
12th March 2006, 1:22 PM
Magmar needs Fire Blast, Thunderpunch, Cross Chop which can only be obtained on crystal by breeding with machop, thunder punch by breeding with hitmonchan and suny day via tm.

Movesets from the sir chris list.

You can teach Magmar thunderpunch via tm, there is no need to breed for it.
Magmar also learns sunny day on lv.33 I believe, so you don't need to waste a tm to get it on his moveset.

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 5:59 AM
Thyplosion is really strong when you lvl it up

Vaporeon
19th March 2006, 9:22 AM
Typhlosion. But that's just my personal preferance. I hate Charizard & it's popularity. Go for Charizard if you're a cheesy boy.

Serebii93
19th March 2006, 8:51 PM
Typhlosion. Or Charizard. Actually, they will all work as long as they are level 70 or higher, but untill then, Charizard or Typhlosion.

The Organizer
20th March 2006, 1:55 AM
Charzard. Very good starter and its a good fire type not to mention its a instant classic.:club:

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 10:37 PM
Thyplosion the best. Thats what i suggest

Raito
22nd March 2006, 2:59 AM
I like Typhlosion and even though it has a limited Movepool, it's big enough to do something with Thunderpunch, EQ [not sure if it is available in GSC] and Flamethrower.

Raichu-chan
22nd March 2006, 3:24 AM
Go with Typloshion. It's fast, has high special attack, and it can learn Thunrderpunch via TM to take care of water and flying types. I think Magmar can learn it too, but I think Typhlosion has better stats. I'm not quite sure though. I don't pay much attention to Magmar, since I've never used one :/

Shiny Heracross
22nd March 2006, 10:06 PM
My Typhlosions always worked best for me as a fire type.

blackice2
22nd March 2006, 11:07 PM
My pick would be Magmar because I have a soft spot for UU's, Charizard stinks, and Typhlosion is a starter which I don't use much.

Aptenodytes
25th March 2006, 11:05 PM
Magmar would be a good choice. I'm not too fond of having starter Pokemon on my team...

crobatconey/leafeon lunatic
26th March 2006, 12:45 PM
Typhosion for sure. My typhlosion is the ultimite weapon with: fire punch, ice punch, dynamic punch, and flamethrower. Trust me you will need theese attacks to battle red especially dynamic punch

GoggleHead
26th March 2006, 2:31 PM
I had multiple Typhlosions due to the glitch in the game. My cousin tought me how to "clone" Pokemon. I always had Dynamic Punch but it never worked. It's hard decision to make, that is between Typhlosion and Charizard.

Dragon_Reborn
26th March 2006, 2:44 PM
Well...depends on what u need.Typhlosion has high special attack and speed.A best moveset for him would be Flamethrower/Fire Blast,Sunny Day,Thunderpunch,Earthquake.With this moveset it makes him able to cover some weaknesses.Thunderpunch to take out water type.

Charizard has high Special Attack and Speed too and great Attack.Charizard works better as a Physical Sweeper.This moveset is the best for Charizard Flamethrower/Fire BLast/Belly Drum,Rock Slide,Earthqauke.You will need to do some breeding to get this Charizard.Just get a Snorlax and trade it to RBY to get Rock Slide and trade it back to GSC.Have it learn Belly Drum and breed it with Charizard.

Magmar has high Attack,Special Attack, and good Speed.A good moveset for Magmar would be Flamethrower/Fire Blast,Confuse Ray,Thunderpunch,Cross Chop.You need to breed this with a male Machamp on crystal.

IMO I would say to go with either Typhlosion or Charizard.

GeorgeCollins
30th March 2006, 1:03 AM
I'd say Magmar just because I've always liked him more than the other two, don't know why.

[Kingdra]
1st April 2006, 3:37 PM
I'll say Charizard it has a really high special attack

Shiney_Hunter_Tauros_Rule
1st April 2006, 4:38 PM
I wouldnt choose Typlosion because of its limited movepool (dispite the fact it evolves from the cuterest G/S starter)
I like Magmar as it can be deadly but most would choose charizard

I would choose Magmar for a challenge
But Charizard if you are bored and want to wipe the floor with any and every pokemon that comes your way

Charizard86
3rd April 2006, 10:34 PM
I agree. If you want an easier time chooose Charizard but if you want to use a slightly weaker but still useful fire type then go for Magmar. Typholsion is just too limited movepool wise, though thankfully to Emerald it regains the ability to learn thunder punch, which I always fouund useful in the days of G/S/C.

[Kingdra]
3rd April 2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah I relly like Charizard even though I don't like Fire types

Shadows Follower
8th April 2006, 10:51 PM
I would have say Charizard on the fact its a dual type and it gives it more advantages (and sadly disadvantages).

~Austin~
9th April 2006, 12:06 AM
I like both Charizard and Typhlosion, I even carry Typhlosion with me more than a Charizard yet.... I can Rely on Charizard more than I can Typhlosion in the game. So Charizard it is then.\

EDIT: Dont listen that mumbo-jumbo I typed. Choose Typhlosion :D

Phosphate
9th April 2006, 12:22 AM
It depends on what your other 5 Pokemon are. Charizard is good but the 4x weakness to rock-types and has a limited amount of attacks. I suggest Typhlosion because Magmar may be just as good, but has worse defense than Typhlosion, I believe. Give Typhlosion: Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, and [insert attack].

Comis Patronus
9th April 2006, 12:24 AM
My Typhlosion was invincible. It crushed all in its way but my cousin restarted my game............ Anyway it's cool and way better than Magmar or Charizard.

~Flareon~
9th April 2006, 8:13 AM
I think Charizard is a perfect fire type for your team. Because its attacks are awesome.

The Mighty Wurmple
9th April 2006, 8:38 AM
I would choose either Typhlosion or Arcanine because Arcy has good attack and can whip anyone butt if it's used right and so can Typhlosion.

pharaohguy530
9th April 2006, 12:36 PM
Sadly go with Typholsion even though Charizard is my favorite. Make sure you teach it flamethrower or Fireblast, and thunderpunch too, to take out those pesky water types that are thrown at him/her.

Hyster-ia
9th April 2006, 3:49 PM
Charizard, it's able to fly, and he's pretty strong.

pyroboi27
9th April 2006, 7:29 PM
u should pick typhlosion it can lean a lot of differnt attacks

Walking Contradiction
11th April 2006, 4:24 PM
i'd say charizard cause typhlosion is kinda pathetic IMO (although i have lvl100 typhlosion in silver). Magmar is not an option really

lightspeed
15th April 2006, 11:09 AM
You should use Typhlosion, it has great sp. attack and speed, and it doesn't have quadruple weakness to rock as compared to Charizard.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
15th April 2006, 8:18 PM
go with one of the most powerful kanto pokemon, Charizard.

Kanto comes with the most powerful pokemon.

I know how everyone uses it as a Physical sweeper. but it rules as a special sweeper.

It also has a bigger movepool than the other.

Magma Grunt Alex
15th April 2006, 9:08 PM
Should I stick with Typlosion, Magmar, or Charizard? I'm debating which Fire type I should keep on my team. Any help and reasons why or why not I should use one over the other wold be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Charizard is way better than the other 2.

AJ Flibble
15th April 2006, 9:11 PM
And more easily killed and risky to use. Stick to Typhlosion, it's easier.

... the person's been banned as well, why are we still replying?

Dunsparce
18th April 2006, 3:58 PM
Special Sweeping sets:

Typhlosion
Earthquake
HP Ice, Grass, Water
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch

Magmar:
Psychic
HP Ice, Grass, Water/Faint Attack(NYPC)
Flamethrower
Thunderpunch

Charazard
Dragonbreath
Crunch(NYPC)
HP Grass, Ice, Water, Electric
Flamethrower

These sets are fun to use, IMO.

AJ Flibble
18th April 2006, 4:37 PM
Magmar can actually go mixed, especially with Cross Chop. Also, Charizard can make use of the risky but useful Belly Drum, and physical attacks. Typhlosion was shafted in movepool, but can do well with the moves it does have.