PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Char

klducks
11th March 2006, 1:35 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/char.jpg
Char - Ravnica: City of Guilds. Rare
2R: Instant
Char deals 4 damage to target creature or player and 2 damage to you.
zzet mages often acquire their magic reagents from dubious sources, so the potency of their spells is never predictable.

One of the most controversal cards from Rav in the community. Atleast IMO.

4 damage for 3 while you take 2. It's an instant, so it gets props. 4 damage is worth the 2 damage. Hell, it'll kill most big buff guys. Think about this, it'll kill North Tree if it can be targeted. It kills Meloku. It kills Mizzet. Of if you like FACE, 4 for 2 is a good deal, yes?

The Duck's Rating: 3.5/5

Kaizer
11th March 2006, 1:57 AM
One of the most controversal cards from Rav in the community. Atleast IMO.

There's absolutely nothing controversial about this card. If you're even splashing for red with any sort of a burn strategy, you play this card- end of story. The most recent PT proved that especially.

It truly is a good card, three (splashable) mana for 4 damage to any target and you take two damage? No problem. You probably won't need the life anyways. As I see it, there really isn't much wrong with this card.
3.89/5
;245;

Shadow Trainer
11th March 2006, 3:05 AM
One of the best burn spells in standard right now IMO.

You either get to kill a creature or send four to your opponent's dome. Who really cares about the two damage? When your either getting rid of a threat or coming closer to reducing there life to zero. 4/5

klducks
11th March 2006, 3:08 AM
There's absolutely nothing controversial about this card.
If you read my quote correctly, it says community. I'm not saying this card is controversal. I'm just saying Newbs are saying this card is bad. Just pointing out that you shouldn't listen to them. Also

If you're even splashing for red with any sort of a burn strategy, you play this card- end of story
This pretty much summarizes this COTD lol

Felix Feral Fezirix
15th March 2006, 3:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer
If you're even splashing for red with any sort of a burn strategy, you play this card- end of story
This pretty much summarizes this COTD lol
Adding on, a little damage reduction from cards like Urza's Armour increases potency. <_<

EDIT: I just got Char. Go me.