PDA

View Full Version : Viridian Forest would like ratings!

ABPikachu
11th March 2006, 5:17 AM
Okay, Espichu/Bichu and I have a website called Viridian Forest. It is a Pokemon site with nice art and a bit of info on the games. It's small, and we know it has a bad host and an eye hurting layout, but I'm not the best at making layouts, and Tripod was the best host I could find. I dun like Freewebs. The URL is http://abpikachu.tripod.com. ^^;; Ratings, Comments, and Crits wanted!

Kal-El
11th March 2006, 7:02 AM
I'd take Geocities over Tripod any day. And if you have an FTP client you can use FunPic.

It's alright as far as crud hosts and bad coding go. It's alot better than alot of other I've seen.

Rufinito18
13th March 2006, 5:08 AM
its okay, but tripod seems to stack the ads and that bothers me...

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 6:03 AM
Yes, I get alot of popups when I use Tripod. I give it a 5/10. I would give a better rating if you switched it's host.... to geocities or freewebs.

crimson vengance
14th March 2006, 5:19 PM
Free webs is cool look at my site for a diecend background! [link removed]

Bad site though!

Virtual Headache
14th March 2006, 6:51 PM
crimson vengance, the rules clearly state, that you aren't allowed to advertise your website in another person's thread.
Please refrain from doing this in future and make a new thread.

ABPikachu, Please refrain from encouraging people to join your forums since it's against the rules ;)

It seems like you've put a lot of effort into your site. The layout actually isn't that bad, at least it's selfmade which is a good thing ^^
I really like the drawings on your banner.

You should change your navigation though: When I enter your site it's above the banner, when I view another page it's below the pic. This can be confusing.
I also don't think the "Don't click here"s are necessary, at least two of them are too much.

Concerning the host, check out this thread: http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=100575
You might find something useful in there.

All in all a very creative site, keep up the good work :)

Hildergarn
14th March 2006, 7:47 PM
contrary to what pika said... I don’t really like the layout... it’s a bit... a bit bland... and boring... I’m not directing this at you ABPikachu... its for every one... why do you make pokemon sites... in my experience, most sites about pokemon just get ignored... and the hard work goes towards nothing... but its your choice... if you want to make one on pokemon, by all means make do so

JKaizer
16th March 2006, 3:58 AM
The layout does need a lot of work, though I like the banner. It's original ^^;

ABPikachu
16th March 2006, 9:44 PM
Oh... well, I just went through a MAJOR move when I switched from Bravenet to Tripod, and I don't want to go through that again T_T But VF will be getting a better, easier to navigate layout in a few days. Plus, I said I don't like Freewebs, though I might eventually move to another host... but I didn't know Tripod was that bad. This web design guy from my mom's work suggested it. And VF doesn't stack up popup ads on me, though. About the Pokemon sites get ignored thing, er... *points to the main site of SPP and MH* Plus, I like Pokemon, so I wanted to make a site about them. And don't look at me about the other Do Not Click Here page, it was my partner's idea.

Dragonfree
16th March 2006, 9:58 PM
contrary to what pika said... I donít really like the layout... itís a bit... a bit bland... and boring... Iím not directing this at you ABPikachu... its for every one... why do you make pokemon sites... in my experience, most sites about pokemon just get ignored... and the hard work goes towards nothing... but its your choice... if you want to make one on pokemon, by all means make do so
It's not like those sites wouldn't get ignored if they were about something else. :/ All sites get ignored when they start, and if they persist for long enough with unique ideas, they'll attract some attention.

ABPikachu
17th March 2006, 12:05 AM
I agree with Dragonfree. Yes, not just Pokemon sites are ignored. Many other categories are, too.