PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gold Taken Down

Brown Bomber
13th March 2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure some of you have heard of Speed Demos Archive before. Whatever, here's me beating Gold in a little over four hours:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/PokemonGoldSilver.html

Rate/hate/be amazed/confused/don't comment or whatever.

Mudkipchan
13th March 2006, 1:02 AM
Is that a video? I don't really want to click the link if it's a video.

Erus Black Mage
13th March 2006, 1:16 AM
it is a video and good job for beating it in 4 hours

Wyndigo
13th March 2006, 7:01 AM
While I'm not going to sit for 4 hours watching the whole thing, I am gonna skip through and watch some of it.

Pretty impressive. It usually takes me about 12 hours, but I probably leveled up more then you did.

goldfly2005
13th March 2006, 3:02 PM
nice work! i am known as a master at the metal generation. i step down from the throne of the metal gebneration.

.TraX.
13th March 2006, 3:41 PM
Didn't actually watch the video, I ain't sitting through 4 hours of normal GBC speed play - I play on VBA nowdays because gameboy is too fracking slow for my mind, I get bored haha.

Few Questions.

1. How many pokemon are used?
2. Any traded pokemon?
3. Is the completion to the point of a win over Red?

Pretty impressive, must say I don't really care too much about 'speed' contests though, I'd rather see a pure ghost team with no trades beat the game.

DragonDance
13th March 2006, 4:39 PM
It was over when he killed Red.

good job BB

Xtra
13th March 2006, 4:43 PM
I noticed that he used every time-saving trick in the book to pull it off (like turning off animations).

Raito
13th March 2006, 6:34 PM
nice work! i am known as a master at the metal generation. i step down from the throne of the metal gebneration.
You are only the master if you did what he did or if you are one of the GSC Militia.

Interesting. Beating it in 4 hours. I applaud your efforts.

Serebii93
13th March 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm not going to watch that crap because it takes an hour to load!

sam_h12
16th March 2006, 8:34 PM
nah cant be bothered and quite frankly dont care

The Benmeister
16th March 2006, 9:53 PM
Interesting. I can't seem to be able to watch the videos though. May someone tell me what Pokemon he uses?

2kool4skool
17th March 2006, 3:38 AM
I must say, that is quite impressive. The fastest I've ever beat a GSC version was 8 hours.

Interesting. I can't seem to be able to watch the videos though. May someone tell me what Pokemon he uses?
What's wrong with it?

pikachu_rocks19
19th March 2006, 6:54 AM
Thats so cool you beat it in four hours

Guy
19th March 2006, 3:39 PM
Took too long to load...sounds pretty impressive though. What is the GSC Militia?

Serebii93
19th March 2006, 9:56 PM
The fastest for me was in 13 hours. But that was 'cuz I was Training a lot and catching Pokemon. I can probably beat the game in 6 hours if I tried.

The Organizer
20th March 2006, 2:52 AM
cool but im not gonna watch some movies for 2 and something hours

Shiny Heracross
21st March 2006, 3:25 AM
Whoa nice job! You just helped my sister to finally beat Red! I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. I only watched the last 3 segements, (the ones in Kanto) because I was surprised at how quick you beat Kanto.

You'll need DivX Player if you want it to load faster. But if you have a dial-up connection, even then it'll take a while.

Sadib
21st March 2006, 6:07 AM
I watched it a week ago. This was my most antisipated run on SDA. Let's wait until they make other Pokemon runs.

Kasaioni
21st March 2006, 2:06 PM
Four hours? Wow! I like to talk my time with my games, so it would probobly take me about a month to finish the story part of the game.

Bonsly is pimp
23rd March 2006, 11:57 PM
good job my best time was 10 hours in Silver