PDA

View Full Version : YGO What is your little piece of tech?

Raito
13th March 2006, 4:35 AM
The card nobody uses and you use to give you an edge, playtest, or unexpected advantage.

I use Horus LV6 sometimes and Golem Sentry others.

frostweaver
13th March 2006, 5:56 AM
Nobleman of Extermination
-forces them to activate a card even though the timing is not so good
-immediately kills too many traps, especially nailing all 3 copies of Sakuretsu Armor at once

Wave Motion Cannon {mained}
-favorite card
-alternative method to win
-pressures the opponent to play fast, especially against slow tempo decks
-protects more relevant defenses or field cards

meh... these are more tech-ie in terms of a CC deck though...

Clamps
13th March 2006, 6:48 AM
ameoba, i can use it with the new mystic box to destroy a good monster, make a "direct" attack and do 2000 damage

Jupetta
13th March 2006, 6:57 AM
Compulsory Evacuation Device... it is really versatile.
~;354;

Nylf
13th March 2006, 11:42 PM
Judgement Of Anubis, burn + card save + 2 for one. They lose a Spell/Trap destroyer(COUGH HEAVY STORM COUGH) and a monster, then they lose Life Points. Heavy Storm really hates it, and since Heavy's used a lot...

WaterTrainer243
14th March 2006, 12:12 AM
Throwstone Unit+Several warrior-type monsters+The A. Forces+a few equip cards+Sogen=clearing my opponents' monsters and going for their LP (depending if they don't have any traps laid out).

Relenquished+My opponents' strongest monster+Ritual Weapon+Opti-Camouflage Armor=Direct attack with a strong monster (same as above)

You can definitely tell I prefer going for my opponents' LP.

frostweaver
14th March 2006, 2:14 AM
Err... just do you manage to ever pull off either of those 2 combos anyway? o_O; Even Exodia is probably faster than those 2...

ash5550
14th March 2006, 3:15 AM
Dark Eradicator Warlock: I can use it to quickly eliminate my opponent. I use alot of normal spells,so it can cause some powerful damage.

Restructer revolution: Great card. It works especially well when the duel first starts, can cause a hefty 1000, to 1500 damage depending wheather you go first or second.

Chos Commond Magician: Decent attack, and can't be affected by monster spells, which can halve your opponents strategy.

Super Aipom
14th March 2006, 3:30 AM
Nobleman of Extermination and Wave Motion Cannon, everyone used those including me.
I know I'm not the only one using Last Will.

2x's Goblin Attack Force in my Zombie deck, always gets them.

In Spellcaster Deck

Marauding Captain(it was just sitting there)
4-stared ladybug of Doom
Giant Trunade
Desert Sunlight

Yup a couple random cards that I thought "Hmm I've always wanted to use this card"

Mikau
14th March 2006, 3:35 AM
I run an E-Hero deck but I sliped in a couple of Man Eater Bugs.

Marauder Artemis
14th March 2006, 3:58 AM
I love to throw in a WMC to surprise some opponents, and helps them waste S/T removal to get rid of it before it goes off, as my duels usually last more than 8 turns. I also like using Twin-Headed Behemoth for it's self-recursion. Oh, and I looooove Divine Wrathing Vampire Lords that try to come back....

-MA

TenteiKarite
14th March 2006, 4:27 AM
Nobleman of Extermination+Threatening Roar

NoE takes care of the Commonly-Played Sakuretsu Armor, and Widespread Ruin, while Threatening Roar stops my Opponents in their tracks (They tend to just set a card and end.)

I also use 2 Rush Recklessly as Tech. I LOVE the look on my opponent's face when their Cyber Dragon gets Pwnt by the Chiron the Mage that they were just attacking. Rush also kills Spirit Reaper.

-T/K

DragonDance
14th March 2006, 4:27 PM
I use a lot of the older cards that throws people off.

~RaikouRider243~
14th March 2006, 5:33 PM
I love to play three NoE in my deck. I have Trap Hole and BTH instead of Retsu/Widespread. It's so fun when I hit their Sakuretsu with it. It is M/T removal after all, and Dust Tornado is too slow for my liking, though I do sideboard them against burn.

FireKero!
14th March 2006, 5:34 PM
Despair From The Dark. The strongest level eight in terms of effect. I can drop it with a Don Zaloog effect, or Cliff The Trap Remover. If I'm hit by Card Destruction, badda-bing, badda-boom. Vampire Lord, is it? Meet your new opponent, Despair From The Dark. But if push comes to shove, there is always Call Of The Mummy.

Magical Marionette is an uber card that needs more play. Plus, with my spell-heavy deck, I'm picking off a monster every other turn.

Mystik Wok is king. In this format, monsters won't last long, so having your monster destroyed, only to have it redirected to being killed by Mystic Wok, and gaining plus whatever life points, this makes a great card. You have to be good at making timing though, or faking it.

Fox Fire is a little useful. Attack, and special summon at the end phase. Now you have a face-up defense monster that will come back if destroyed in that position.

Peten The Clown. Helps speed through the deck, but only has one timing window.

A Cat Of Ill Omen nets you a trap card when killed, so it's really useful in a deck with 6-10 traps. RFTDD, anyone?

Sangan. Really underratted. Can chain COTH on it when your creatures are about to be killed by Dark Hole, or your back-row through Heavy Storm or Moisture Creature. Free monster, I dunno why people can't see this.

Dark Dust Spirit. With Dark World Lightning, Extermination, or swordsman LV2,4,6 it's garantueed GG.

Gift Of The Martyr. More Power. Kill Sangan. What more can be said?

Pitch-Black Warwolf. The darkness equivalent to Mirage Dragon. Great in a Chaos Deck.

Skull Lair. Gren Maju Da Eiza and RFTDD just got so much better

Pole position. If saving something good, like Despair From The Dark, from Dark Hole is amazing, then having your opponent waist another resource to rid of Pole Position is God.

Back To Square One. Bounce for a discard. Dark World likes you.

Mind Crush, amazing Dark World card. Guess acard in opps. hand. D.D Warrior Lady, Assailant, heavy Storm etc. If they have nothing, then you discard a card from your hand. Wu-Lord's favourite trap card.

Fissure, the poor man's smashing ground. Fissure, the smart man's smashing Ground. I dunno about you, but paying eight bucks a common ain't my game. I wouldn't even spend that much on a holofoil piece of recycled paper. Plus, everytime you use smash, if you are a human on a budget, you'll wonder if your 8 dollar card did it's job right, and will continue to do so. But by killing off only a single creature (which is quite common in our current format), then a card costing less then a dollar could've done the exact same thing.

And some other crap cards that people get hyper-over too much. Cyber Dragon deck with only the light-hex-sealed fusion, proton-cyber dragon, and Vesargo or another fusion-material monster.

Keiron, of the Akatsuki Dueling clan

WaterTrainer243
14th March 2006, 6:25 PM
Wall of Revealing Light+Self Destruct Button=An immediate draw. (A cowards' way out)

Nylf
14th March 2006, 8:50 PM
Chthonian Polymer. My worst rival uses VWXYZ and E-Heroes. He brings out Shining Flame Wingman? MINE. He manages VWXYZ? MINE I'M AFRAID. He relies so much on fusion and I have so many easy to revive cards, it's evil:D.

Royal Surrender. I favour Trap Cards hevaily, so a little protection from Royal Decree never hurts.

Mask Of Darkness, it helps, as I said with the Trap thing.

Smashing Destruction. In a Dragon Deck, 1 for 1 with burn. No complaints.

Nanobreaker. DIE RELINQUISHED DIE!!! Water Decks, Relinquished and Tweenies hate me:D.

Weed Out, see above.

Grave Lure, well timed, it can screw a stratergy big time. My other rival favours Valkyrion, so this ruins it.

I have to deal with E-Heroes, Water, Relinquished and Valkyrion. And the way the latter two are advertised, you'd think he'd see my counters coming.

Dark Maltos
15th March 2006, 1:34 AM
Restructer revolution: Great card. It works especially well when the duel first starts, can cause a hefty 1000, to 1500 damage depending wheather you go first or second.

is it just me, or does this card suck? It's a situational burn. it depends on where the game is.(Late game, etc.) sorry, but I like to just stick with the the burns that always do a certain amount. Whatever floats your boat...

reflect bounder is my tech. People don't really run it. I like it.

Haruka's Swimsuit
15th March 2006, 2:19 AM
Nobleman of Extermination+Threatening Roar

NoE takes care of the Commonly-Played Sakuretsu Armor, and Widespread Ruin, while Threatening Roar stops my Opponents in their tracks (They tend to just set a card and end.)

The reason people generally don't run that one is because its second effect works on any Trap card(so there's a much greater risk of screwing yourself). The other "Nobleman" gets played because it only does that for Flip effects and outside of Cyber Jar and Saint Magician, Flip effect monsters don't really get much play anymore.

TenteiKarite
15th March 2006, 2:39 AM
I love to play three NoE in my deck. I have Trap Hole and BTH instead of Retsu/Widespread. It's so fun when I hit their Sakuretsu with it. It is M/T removal after all, and Dust Tornado is too slow for my liking, though I do sideboard them against burn.

I'm with you on that, although I prefer to run 2 Nobleman of Extermination and 3 Threatening Roar.

Dust Tornado is WAAY too slow, and I don't even side them because of it.

I've got a Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell Sided.

Say goodbye to Soul Exchange, Brain Control, Smashing Ground and (the Occasional) Necrovalley!

Siding into Burn is also fun...

As is running 3 Rabid Horseman in your Fusion Deck, with NO way whatsoever to get them out. (the opponent thinks you're either running Thousand Eyes Restrict, Metamorphosis or Cyber Stein... much fun.)

-T/K ;034;

frostweaver
15th March 2006, 8:45 AM
Problem with having 3 NoE is that one of the 3 NoE will hit a trap that can chain to escape the fate of being exterminated, or simply flip itself faceup if it's continous to dodge the card. It can only hit the trap hole series, widespread ruins and sakuretsu armor. Everything else can dodge it one way or another (though they maybe forced to be activated even though the timing is bad.) 2 NoE is probably the max a deck should go.

Dust Tornado is more anti-Mobius due to its ability to chain really well, and destroy one of the opponent's s/t instead. Without Mobius, I doubt that dust tornado will see so much attention.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
15th March 2006, 11:34 PM
in my dragon deck, I would use my powerful monsters like Red eyes darkness dragon and Armed Dragon lv.7 to mow down the powerful monsters, my opponent would aim on destroying them, which usually gave me enough time to get my lil dragons like Masked Dragon and Ragnarok to eat away at their weaker monsters, and their life points.

WaterTrainer243
17th March 2006, 8:31 PM
Here's a combo for ya. Maha Vailo+Gravity Bind+Demotion

Ok, we all know that Gravity Bind can render monsters that have more than three stars useless and that includes Maha Vailo. But Demotion decreases a monster's power level by one, and by equipping it to Maha Vailo, it can bypass Gravity Bind AND gain extra attack points due to its effect. If I rebuild my low-level monster deck, this combo is definitely going in.

Aquadon
17th March 2006, 9:02 PM
My Body as a Shield was my tech. However, I find that Rush Recklessly is actually underrated, especially with the Damage Step involvement.

gaurdianterial
19th March 2006, 8:03 PM
Ancient Lamp (http://www.yugionlinecards.com/images/YuGiOhCards/Pack12/ANCIENTLAMP.jpg)

When this face-down Defense position card is attacked by your opponents monster, you can make 1 opponents monster (exept the attacking monster) be attacked instead. When this card is face up, u can special summon a La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp from your hand.;212;

TenteiKarite
19th March 2006, 8:17 PM
Lightning Vortex+Ceasefire is an Evil Combo.

Ceasefire Flips all monsters face-up and deals 500 damage per effect monster on the Field (when's the last time any REALLY competitive decks ran any Vanilla monsters?).

Lightning Vortex allows me to destroy all face-up monsters on my opponent's side of the field, at the cost of one card from my hand.

Ceasefire deals a good chunk of damage, and makes Lightning Vortex into a Raigeki.

-T/K ;034;

Raito
24th March 2006, 5:14 AM
Rush Recklessly does work well in things like Zombies and Dark Scorpion control

Syandrious
24th March 2006, 3:25 PM
i like deciple of the forbidden spell (new invasion of Chaos card)
i run 3 and it works great. also i like running my Hamon, Lord of striking Thunder
4000 attack, 4000 defence and when its in defence position, it is the only monster that can be attacked. Stone wall defece anyone?

JoJo@210
25th March 2006, 4:12 AM
Bad Reaction To Simochi:

-Upstart Goblin I get to draw and my opponent loses 1000
-Eye Of Truth every turn my opponent has a spell he loses 1000
-Rain Of Mercy I gain while my opponent loses 1000

And my Bubonic Vermin and Nimble Momonga make my opponent really underestimate me cause when they see them they think my deck was poorly built for having such weak monsters in my deck. But their effect kicks in making endless defense then I activate Gravity Bind so then my defenses are well protected annoying my opponent while I burn them with my Bad Reaction Combo's and other combos I have in my deck.

Here's my deck check it out: Maiden's Burning Kiss (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=110660) It's a girl deck I've been wanting to make and I succeeded in making it very well. You should see the duels I've been with this deck and how they end. Its amazing! :D LOL

WaterTrainer243
25th March 2006, 4:37 AM
^Gotta love that card, ever since I got it I would put it in every Burn deck I would make.

Dimensaur
25th March 2006, 6:32 AM
i like deciple of the forbidden spell (new invasion of Chaos card)
i run 3 and it works great. also i like running my Hamon, Lord of striking Thunder
4000 attack, 4000 defence and when its in defence position, it is the only monster that can be attacked. Stone wall defece anyone?

I agree with that. Well at least the Disciple of the Forbidden Spell part.

And since we are talking about Shadow of Infinity, I feel the need to say Sand Moth. Think about the current tournament metagame and you will see why. Plus his 2000 def is a solid wall.

Other pieces of tech include:

Rush Recklessly
My Body as a Shield
Nimble Momonga
Broww Huntsman of Darkworld
Time Seal
Jar of Greed

There is more, but I don't feel like naming them right now.

Aquadon
25th March 2006, 4:13 PM
Due to the new Ban List, I might start teching Beiige into my Armed Dragon deck, along with the Forces of Darkness, so I can get Hand advantage back.

Neji Hyuuga
25th March 2006, 4:24 PM
Warrior Lady of the Wasteland.
They have two really buffed up monsters.
I have my Warrior Lady face-down.
Kill it.
Pull... Amazoness Swords Woman! Mwahahahaha.
If not, you can at least subtract 1400 damage with Obnoxious.
Or, you can pull out some trap resistance with Wildheart.
All very good material in a not-so bad card. I use it and not the rat because of my WARRIOR deck.

Aquadon
25th March 2006, 4:31 PM
Wasteland? Interesting choice, especially seeing how it can pull Monsters into DEF mode. Maybe you should tech in Millenium Shield...

Neji Hyuuga
25th March 2006, 4:54 PM
Actually, it says "in face-up attack position on your side of the field." If it didn't, then yes, my deck would pwn.

Aquadon
25th March 2006, 5:04 PM
Actually, it says "in face-up attack position on your side of the field." If it didn't, then yes, my deck would pwn.
Oh. I guess it's not like Masked Dragon and Howling Insect then. Shame...

Another good tech of mine is Rocket Warrior. Use it's effect in the Battle phase, and then discard a card for LV5/7's effect. Deadly.

Pika Hikari KT
26th March 2006, 4:22 AM
Magical Thorn+Robbin' Goblin+some sort of direct attacker=PWN!

The monster...let's say Raging Flame Sprite...attacks directly.

100 points of damage means the opponent needs to randomly discard a card due to Robbin' Goblin.

And since it's a discard, 500 more points of damage are dealt due to Magical Thorn.:D

You can also use Magical Thorn with Morphing Jar...but last time I checked, it was banned.:p

Torkoal Stu
26th March 2006, 1:56 PM
Ahh I love doing this, I summon a machine like Cycroid say and then play as many 7 Completed cards as I can, usually two since my drew is like 40 cards and I draw them quite quickly. Then when I pump up Cycroids defense my opponent is all "what's the point", so I use Shield and Sword to swap everyone's ATK and DEF, sinec I usually go up against monsters with higher attack than defence like Jinzo, so I totally take them to the cleaners. So:

Low Level Machine + 7 Completed + Shield and Sword

Those cards are basically my tech.

Also I use Different Dimensional Capsule to get a card from my deck, which will win it for me soon then activate a Pyro Clock of Destiny to get it faster.

~Sirnight~
26th March 2006, 2:13 PM
Horus LV 8 and Silent Swordsman LV 7. They work well with spells ;)

Nylf
26th March 2006, 5:15 PM
Familiar Possessed Wynn, Wynn The Wind Charmer or Spiritual Wind Art Miyabi in a Dragon Deck. Why? Well here's why:

You have a Wynn on the field, and summon Spirit Ryuu, use his ability for a quick 2000 power Attack. Then you're stuck with a 1000 attack dragon, which could possibly be desastrous. So you tribute it and Wynn and get an 1850 trampler Or you activate Miyabi to get rid of a possbly annoying card(COTH anyone?)

Or your Luster Dragon just got caught unawares by an annoying card(Steel Scorpion, Mechanical Spider or Ekibyo Drakmord). Tribute him for Miyabi or FPW, and in Ekibyo's case get rid of a really, really annoying card. Ten proceed to Trample or clear at will.

Wind is a common attribute in Dragon decks(AD, Luster, Spirit Ryuu), so Miyabi is useful, as is FPW, at least I find. The Ekibyo trick saved me, and allowed me to go onto win the duel.

Royal Surrender can be useful as well, what with COTH being practically a staple.

Jar Of Greed also helps. With Pot banned, it can help a lot. GGH and Skelengel also help Hand control.

Clamps
31st March 2006, 4:22 AM
Ahh I love doing this, I summon a machine like Cycroid say and then play as many 7 Completed cards as I can, usually two since my drew is like 40 cards and I draw them quite quickly. Then when I pump up Cycroids defense my opponent is all "what's the point", so I use Shield and Sword to swap everyone's ATK and DEF, sinec I usually go up against monsters with higher attack than defence like Jinzo, so I totally take them to the cleaners. So:

Low Level Machine + 7 Completed + Shield and Sword

Those cards are basically my tech.

Also I use Different Dimensional Capsule to get a card from my deck, which will win it for me soon then activate a Pyro Clock of Destiny to get it faster.
That strategy wouldn't work. Shield and sword swaps ORIGINAL attack. Not current attack.

Swampy
31st March 2006, 5:01 AM
Mask of Darkness works pretty well in the new ban list for me. I've been using Pitch Black WarWolf for 2 ban lists and this is my third. XD Saks just cry when he comes out.