View Full Version : MTG COTD: Leyline of Singularity

~RaikouRider243~
14th March 2006, 5:44 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/leyline_of_singularity.jpg

Leyline of Singularity
Guildpact Rare
---
2UU: Enchantment

If Leyline of Singularity is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play.
All nonland permanents are legendary.
Where renown and solitude converge.
---

I thought we'd have a look at each of the Leylines, since they're so coveted these days.

...Wow. All I can say is wow. This card will control quite a few decks, including discard/Underworld Dreams based decks and any kind of token deck, so long as you can protect it with your counterspells and the like.

3.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
15th March 2006, 3:03 PM
Ah. Interesting card.

This card is really situational. It could work with or against you. Very insane. You need to be able to control it, since it could easily be turned against you. Painful. 3/5.

Shadow Trainer
15th March 2006, 7:09 PM
The best or second best leyline. Combos nicely with the hunted creatures from Ravnica. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th March 2006, 4:35 AM
It's definitely one of the better Leylines anyhow, judging by what I've seen. But please, token players, please do not put this in your deck. This card is all about control. Gah.

skiboydoggy
20th March 2006, 7:59 AM
It pwns the Saproling decks like nuts, and I could put it into my old Mirrodin deck, but that would mean I would have to take out my Vedalken Engineers... Never mind.
At any rate though, this is a good card that most definitely has its uses.

Felix Feral Fezirix
20th March 2006, 3:25 PM
Like stopping multiple Kashi-Tribe Weavers without any destroy cards that stop regen. Dammit, I hate that card. As usual, the blue gets the better card. Well, maybe it's to make up for the other slow but very good cards. Good blue-specific cards are no good...... Blue just seems to get lots of abilities, doesn't it?

skiboydoggy
21st March 2006, 9:38 AM
Blue = Ability spam. Get over it.

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 9:42 AM
You know why Blue gets all the abilities abut is very slow? I think it's from that Chinese theory: Water is the most powerful force in the world. Slow and steady is water, and as we all know from the story of the tortoise racing the hare, wins the race. Drip water down onto concrete long enough, there'll be a hole eroded right through it. Water is also the source of life, without it, we'll all shrivel up and die. Examples of the power of water, and we aren't even getting started.

skiboydoggy
21st March 2006, 9:43 AM
Aww... Shuudap.

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 11:44 AM
We should share the benefits of Chinese culture with Westerners.

Hah, right. Actually we're Singaporean, but whatever. Majority of the population's Chinese.