PDA

View Full Version : Target Auidinces

ZGDK
14th March 2006, 9:14 PM
What are they? I'm just wondering, can someone provide a link to a page that explains them? Thanks!

Kez
27th March 2006, 10:15 PM
If you are wondering what it means, it is what the piece of media, whether it is anime manga or some other form, is aimed at. Like when you see on the back of some manga a T or something, it is who it is aimed at.

At least, I think this is right. I am sorry, but i do not have a link. Try a google search.

Blaziken master
29th March 2006, 2:35 PM
It is the age limit that the manga is aimed

Minami Itsuki
29th March 2006, 2:47 PM
I think the Target Audience is the group of people (ie. teenagers, children, young men, young women etc.) the mangas are intended for/ or created for.

Example: Shonen mangas are mainly targeted towards male teenagers.

Shoujo mangas are mainly targeted towards female teenagers.

Ecchi mangas (like Ogure Ito-san's series ;__; bless him!) are mainly targeted towards men.

Mangas like Mojaemon and Doraemon are targeted towards children.

Get it? XD

HK
31st March 2006, 12:45 AM
Well, first you have the content rating of any material, manga, in this specific case. Ya know, '10+,' '13+,' '16+,' '18+,' etc. But apparently you aren't referring to that.

In terms of target audiences, they differ greatly. Shounen series are targeted towards boys/young teenage males. Shoujo are the same likewise with girls. Seinen are typical targeted for older adult males. Then, you have ecchi series which are pretty much the same target for shounen series. Finally, hentai which covers (around) the same age group of seinen.

There are subcategories to these all (and I know I'm forgetting the young children and older women's terms), but those are the basics. Occasionly you might get a series that has elements of one area but is targeted towards a different audience (for some reason Hellsing, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Trigun/Trigun Maximum all come to mind), however, it isn't often. Pretty simple, no?

Kez
31st March 2006, 5:15 PM
Well, I suppose that when they are written for certain standards, they will follow the japanese guidelines, which may be different to the ones in America or the UK. I suppose that the rating has a lot to do with the target audience. But I suppose, that the artist writes a story and draws pictures for something they like, andf then it gets rated. I do not thibnk that every manga is written for a certain group in mind. I just suppose that it is just what it turns out like *shrugs*.