PDA

View Full Version : My own Suggestion

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
15th March 2006, 5:05 AM
What I suggest is we increase the number of PMs we can store. I am starting to think that 150 is not nearly enough. I think somewhere along the lines of 400-500 is good.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
15th March 2006, 5:09 AM
I think why it's not raised cause some people will never delete there PMs (mention me in qutoing this & i'll hurt you) So when they finally delete there
pms they have to go through pages of them

Angeling
15th March 2006, 5:24 AM
Though I have playfully joked with my friends who are moderators about giving me their inbox capacity, 150 seems fine though, to be honest. That is why moderators get more capacity as their ranks raise.

Also, I think 400-500 is a bit too extreme. It may even be the normal moderator's capacity, or close to it. I forget.

Eszett
15th March 2006, 5:36 AM
150 PMs is perfectly fine; we certainly don't need any more. Remember that you can save any PMs that you so desire by downloading them to your computer. So, in effect, you can store as many PMs as your hard drive will hold.

Question resolved. :(

Wolf Goddess
15th March 2006, 5:43 AM
Heh, when I first joined we only got fifty. Just clear them out.

TRJessie579
15th March 2006, 5:55 AM
Heh, when I first joined we only got fifty. Just clear them out.

Same here, I was constantly forgetting to clear them and it always took me a while to realize my inbox was full. :/

I currently have space for 900... XD I find it makes me lazy about deleting really old stuff, though.

Infinity
15th March 2006, 6:05 AM
More PMs mean that more Serebii Joe has to pay for webspace, with a few thousand active people on here constantly that gets filled up that can eat quite a bit of server space.

RaZoR LeAf
15th March 2006, 12:12 PM
Serebii increased the PM allotage for Mods because they get lots of PM's, and should they choose to save outgoing PMs too, then the Inbox will fill up very quickly when warning people. If you really want to keep PMs, then I suggest copying and pasting the content of several PM's, all into one then sending it to yourself (you can do that, just put your own username in).

Shigaiko
15th March 2006, 12:19 PM
I think why it's not raised cause some people will never delete there PMs (mention me in qutoing this & i'll hurt you) So when they finally delete there
pms they have to go through pages of them
I have but two words to say to you, but a picture speaks louder than a thousand words so:

http://i2.*******.com/rhrbxt.jpg

Hiroki
15th March 2006, 5:32 PM
Copy Paste a few messages and send to yourself. That easy. No questions asked :D

Juputoru
16th March 2006, 12:36 AM
Interesting thing to note: There's a link on the PM page (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Juputoru/PMexample.jpg) that lets you DL all private messages in XML, CSV, or text format. So you don't even have to copy and paste :D Of course, that saves ALL the messages, so if you only want to save a few but keep the rest in your PM box just in case...eh, it's still a convenient little shortcut.

As for the number of PMs you can store...I'm not the best person to ask about this, since I almost never use PMs(I currently have three sitting in my inbox, the newest of which is from October), but as said before, if you really want to keep them, save them to your computer. Look, the vBulletin people even included an easy way to download them! And it's not like they'll take up a lot of space as plain old .txt documents. :<

Fiery Blaziken
16th March 2006, 12:40 AM
Interesting thing to note: There's a link on the PM page (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Juputoru/PMexample.jpg) that lets you DL all private messages in XML, CSV, or text format. So you don't even have to copy and paste :D Of course, that saves ALL the messages, so if you only want to save a few but keep the rest in your PM box just in case...eh, it's still a convenient little shortcut.

As for the number of PMs you can store...I'm not the best person to ask about this, since I almost never use PMs(I currently have three sitting in my inbox, the newest of which is from October), but as said before, if you really want to keep them, save them to your computer. Look, the vBulletin people even included an easy way to download them! And it's not like they'll take up a lot of space as plain old .txt documents. :<
Actually you can check the little check boxes of the ones you want, and down at the bottom, above the "Download all as...", there's a drop down menu with downloading choices.

Rufinito18
16th March 2006, 12:53 AM
150 is enough, keeping tooo much junk clogs the servers

Cifala
16th March 2006, 5:05 AM
200 would be nice, but, 150 will keep me quiet.

crimson vengance
16th March 2006, 5:01 PM
150 is ok!

Volteon
16th March 2006, 6:17 PM
200 is too much, 100 is few, and it would be stupid if they increase it to 175.
IMO 150 is fine.

nathan11
16th March 2006, 6:40 PM
it sould be the same if there is too much the compters will slower and slower
but 150 is ok

Hydronus
16th March 2006, 9:05 PM
Increasing the amount of allowed pm's would mean a hell of a lot larger bandwidth.

Guitar dude bill
16th March 2006, 10:36 PM
They're isn't anything wrong with it imo. May I remind you that you can delete them. I don't really care - 150 is a helluva lot imo.

Meganium Ex
16th March 2006, 11:40 PM
Do what the above people said. Besides, it's not like you want to keep all of your PMs, does it?

Like Volteon mentioned, 100 is too little, and 200 is too much