View Full Version : MTG COTD: Leyline of the Meek

~RaikouRider243~
15th March 2006, 4:51 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/leyline_of_the_meek.jpg

---
Leyline of the Meek
Guildpact Rare

2WW: Enchantment

If Leyline of the Meek is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play.
Creature tokens get +1/+1.
Where strength and humility converge.
---

All I can say is this card screams Selesnya. I can't wait to get my hands on several of these things and play them in a Selesnya deck, since they're not legendary. The only problem is it can work against you if you're playing against another token deck, in which case you should sideboard this card out. It makes your tokens buff like a Guildmage would, and keeps them buff. Not a bad choice to play for four mana since this is how much mana it costs for you to buff your creatures with Guildmage anyway.

4/5

Shadow Trainer
15th March 2006, 6:36 AM
Probably the worst of the leylines. The coming into play for free thing is great, but why would you play this over Anthem which costs less and pumps all your creatures, not just tokens ? 2/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
15th March 2006, 1:58 PM
There are precious few non-Selesnya token decks out there, making this card redudent, along with that Selesnya Guildmage pumps EVERY MONSTER, not just the token. I do admit that it does help the Tolsimir/Voja combo, as well as over spammage, but there are better cards out there. 2/5