PDA

View Full Version : New Title Revealed

Serebii
15th March 2006, 5:05 PM
Well the first title for after the Ranger Special has been revealed

Episode 448 (AG171): Sudowoodo! The Legend of Gold!

Translation is Tentative

Chatsy
15th March 2006, 5:10 PM
Something tells me that Bonsly will have some significant role in this.

And with gold around, there'll probably be some character of the day wanting to find it, Team Rocket wants to ruin it for their own sake, and Ash and co saves the day.

I swear, if someone says that Bonsly is going to evolve....>_>;;;

Eh, who knows?

Gravy
15th March 2006, 5:15 PM
OH FECK YEAH!
Took them long enough to get Sudowoodo, an awesome pokémon who has been shamefully neglected, out onto the field again. And seeing as our maraca-rockin' tree pal is one of the most obvious of all pokémon to provide a plot rich with humour, I have very high hopes for this episode. Even more so than usual, considering that title has 'wacky antics' written all over it.

One can dream, I suppose. :(

Prelude
15th March 2006, 5:17 PM
Or maybe Sudowoodo is the hero in the past, defeating all the people who were trying to steal it and conquer the...went to far there, didn't I?

But I still think that Sudowoodo is the hero...

ZTcrazy
15th March 2006, 5:20 PM

I doubt it. Bonsly is one of the D/P advertisers for the crowd. Yeah, maybe Bonsly meets up with its whole family or something and learns a significant move while defending it from TR. Well, that's just off the top of my head.

The Big Al
15th March 2006, 5:28 PM
All we need is Brock to go back to Sudowoodo licking and this episode will be pure gold. *shot for bad pun*

Lengend of Gold. That's interesting. Could it be a legendary Pokemon gold in color will appear?

Dreamcoat
15th March 2006, 5:31 PM
Ah, finally the writers are starting to realise that there are shafted PKMN...

This will be good.

Chatsy
15th March 2006, 5:33 PM
All we need is Brock to go back to Sudowoodo licking and this episode will be pure gold. *shot for bad pun*
Oh my god O.o

Sudowoodo
+
Brock
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Daryoon/Webstuff/Animated/sudowoodo.gif
=
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/029.jpg

Now I'm disturbed.

CyberCubed
15th March 2006, 5:34 PM
Remember the last time Brock interacted with a Sudowoodo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/MayHaruka/dee0c0bc.gif

The thought of Bonsly joining in this time makes this even scarier!

EDIT: Chatsy darn you! :p

Chatsy
15th March 2006, 5:39 PM
EDIT: Chatsy darn you! :p
:D

One can dream, I suppose. :(
If it did evolve, then who knows what horrors Brock would do to it O.o
Indeed a Breeder. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/smiley/tie.gif

SuperSonic
15th March 2006, 5:50 PM
Hahahahahaha good one Chatsy. Quite clever.

Magical Leaf
15th March 2006, 5:59 PM
Somehow, I had a feeling we'd encounter a Sudowoodo sometime during the Frontier saga, and i'm glad of it now.
Whatever next? Artisan's Cave?

.Bambi.
15th March 2006, 6:15 PM
Well, I can't say I'm disappointed. Sudowoodo is indeed a shafted Pokemon which got, what, 1 filler in Johto and a few cameos since then? God, it needs this more than I realized O.o

Holy Crap! I just remembered that you can catch a Sudowoodo in the Battle Frontier *dense* So this is actually quite fitting.

One thing I hope is that it doesn't play the 'Ihatezwaturlolz' card. We KNOW it's a Rock type, and it's not like a member of the group has a Wailmer Pail or Squirt Bottle [though either of those can easily be left behind for the group to pick up].

I'm expecting hilarity from this episode, hopefully it follows through...

RaikousThunder
15th March 2006, 6:19 PM
Cool a Sudowoodo episode. Why was Brock licking that Sudowoodo from way back when? Its so long ago i dont remember and it really wasnt one of the eps i paid attention to.

Gravy
15th March 2006, 6:46 PM
If it did evolve, then who knows what horrors Brock would do to it O.o
Indeed a Breeder. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/smiley/tie.gif
It's safe to assume that Bonsly will never see the inside of that Pokéball ever again.
And people complain about the animé being immature. Those poor, weak minded fools. =o

One thing I hope is that it doesn't play the 'Ihatezwaturlolz' card. We KNOW it's a Rock type, and it's not like a member of the group has a Wailmer Pail or Squirt Bottle [though either of those can easily be left behind for the group to pick up.
I thought Sudowoodo crapping it's pants (or lack thereof) over being sprinkled with the tiniest droplet of water was one of it's funniest quirks :P
Let them go crazy with it and have Corphish randomly despise all Sudowoodo due to their love for ~the dance~ or something. Insanity shall then ensue tickling the audience's funny bones with many a feather.

Brocksketchum
15th March 2006, 7:01 PM
Cool a Sudowoodo episode. Why was Brock licking that Sudowoodo from way back when? Its so long ago i dont remember and it really wasnt one of the eps i paid attention to.

I think the lab folks wanted to study Sudowoodo, in particular it mimicing Chikorita's Vine Whip. After Sudowoodo's pathetic tree disguise died, the tree thingamajig ran off and that's when Brock swooped in, as this was a test of his breeder skills.

I can't believe I remembered that...

.Bambi.
15th March 2006, 7:07 PM
I thought Sudowoodo crapping it's pants (or lack thereof) over being sprinkled with the tiniest droplet of water was one of it's funniest quirks :P
Let them go crazy with it and have Corphish randomly despise all Sudowoodo due to their love for ~the dance~ or something. Insanity shall then ensue tickling the audience's funny bones with many a feather.
I don't know about anyone else, but I just find it plain annoying.

We've seen it in the Games, we've seen it in the Anime, we get it already! Besides, of course he's not going to like Water, he's a Rock type. But other Rock types don't go into random spasms when they come in contact with water. It's 'oh no' and then they faint.

This 'quirk' should be spread around to all Rock Pokemon, but instead they decide to keep it only on the funny little dancing tree for comic relief. Not that I mind that it hates Water, I'm just kind of bored with it D:

JazzJazz
15th March 2006, 7:17 PM
This 'quirk' should be spread around to all Rock Pokemon, but instead they decide to keep it only on the funny little dancing tree for comic relief. Not that I mind that it hates Water, I'm just kind of bored with it D:

It just one of the little things in the anime, the recycled devices, that will never be thrown away... like the beedrill device. The writers know it's been done to death, so God knows why they keep re-using the same little scenarios.

ArrEmmDee
15th March 2006, 7:20 PM
Sudowoodo/Wobbuffet humor will finally return, and if it's Brock's Bonsly evolving, hopefully become even commonplace.

The Big Al
15th March 2006, 8:08 PM
Oh my god O.o

Sudowoodo
+
Brock
=

Now I'm disturbed.
I laughed for a good five minutes seeing that. Though it does make you wonder.

I'm wondering about what gold has to do with this episode.

FlamingRuby
15th March 2006, 8:08 PM
Bonsly evolving might be a bit of a stretch, considering that Brock's only had him a short while, but...what do I know?

sam_h12
15th March 2006, 8:16 PM
maybe it's golden legend, not legend of gold...? i really dont care if bonsly evolves or not. i doubt it will, considering it's being fed with a bottle of milk. its not that exciting anymore anyway...

Aquadon
15th March 2006, 9:06 PM
Hmm... take a look at a picture of Shiny Sudowoodo. It looks somewhat gold.

Call me crazy, but I think it's a Shiny Sudowoodo that Ash and Co. find.

Also, the Sudowoodo+Brock thing creeps me out.

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th March 2006, 9:24 PM
Gold had a Sudowoodo in the Manga....

But yes! Sudowoodo is awesome!

Black Marauder
15th March 2006, 9:29 PM
Maybe, if Bonsly does evolve, maybe it's with a golden item.

ChaosMage
15th March 2006, 9:33 PM
Oh this is cool! Sudowoodo=Brock love, Wobbuffet capers and Manene-style mimicary. I like this tres much, and you all have some pretty cool ideas.

The Benmeister
15th March 2006, 9:37 PM
All I can say is horray for the tree of many shaftings. Bonsly and Sudowoodo interaction is probably definate.

Lupin
15th March 2006, 9:37 PM
Oh my god O.o

Sudowoodo
+
Brock
=

Now I'm disturbed.

Thanx a lot Chatsy, you've just scared me now for the rest of the series :D.

Although it did bring back good memories when I saw that episode.

.Bambi.
15th March 2006, 10:00 PM
Hmm... take a look at a picture of Shiny Sudowoodo. It looks somewhat gold.

Call me crazy, but I think it's a Shiny Sudowoodo that Ash and Co. find.
I want this to happen now...
I've always loved Sudowoodo's Shiny Form...too bad it won't happen D:

Gold had a Sudowoodo in the Manga....
Though this would be awesome [because I love Manga Gold], leave the poor kid alone! He already has 3 names under his belt, adding a 4th would be overkill.

"Hi! I'm Kenta/Yoshi/Jimmy/Gold! 8D"

Kabuto
15th March 2006, 11:24 PM
I would love to see Bonsly evolve but the thing had no experience. Maybe it'll use a special item. All I know is, if it does evolve, Brock'll probably be booted off next season without a 4th gen pokemon. I'd be sorry to see you go Brocko.

V Faction
16th March 2006, 4:07 AM
Hey! An interesting filler. Can't wait.

Geki
16th March 2006, 4:37 AM
I really, really, really, really hope Bonsly DOESN'T evolve in this episode. Bonsly has become one of my favorite Pokemon that the group has right now, and Sudowoodo has never been one of my favorites. But hey, maybe Bonsly won't evolve, and it's just a random Sudowoodo. Something makes me feel like Bonsly will evolve...., but maybe.

.::Lynee::.
16th March 2006, 4:42 AM
I hope it'll be a filler
'Cause I don't want Bonsly to evolve ( it's so terrible if this happens )
You know, Bonsly is one of the pokemon which makes Es fun http://www.yeuamnhac.com/music/images/smilies/gem42.gif

Gravy
16th March 2006, 4:44 AM
Bonsly won't evolve, simply because it's a marketting tool.
That shouldn't even have to be pointed out.

PDL
16th March 2006, 4:54 AM
this might be a big streach, but is it possible that this episode would have alot to do with cherry blossoms?

kinda weird I know, but Sudowoodo's shiny form looks like it's in "bloom" escpecially the red "fingers"...

hIrAm
16th March 2006, 4:55 AM
I completely agree. They're not going to delete the poor existence of this Pokémon, when they're trying to sell it to the public watching, that there is a new generation of Pokémon.

'nuff said.

Heracross
16th March 2006, 5:02 AM
I think Gravy summed this up excellently. Usokki is a great pokémon bursting with comedic potential, and we haven't seen one in about way too long. Regardless of how Usohachi becomes involved, this sounds quite promising simply for the appearance of its evolved form.

Fatal
16th March 2006, 5:07 AM

Maybe so, but look what happened with Munchlax and destiny Deoxys.

If Munchlax can evolve in one of its very first appearances, then so can Bonsly.

OMG big spoiler. :<

-Fatal

Kabuto
16th March 2006, 5:09 AM
I thought the same about Munchlax and Destiny Deoxys.

If Munchlax can evolve in one of its very first appearances, then so can Bonsly. :0

But remember, that Munchlax was never going to appear again. Mays still hasn't evolved. All 4th generation pokemon are marketing tools.

CyberCubed
16th March 2006, 5:11 AM
Maybe so, but look what happened with Munchlax and destiny Deoxys.

If Munchlax can evolve in one of its very first appearances, then so can Bonsly

-Fatal

Oh c'mon, there's a BIG difference between a filler Pokemon and a Pokemon owned by a main character.

That movie 7 Munchlax was just there for shameless promotion, and it evolved into Snorlax to show kids that it was indeed a new pre-evo.

Comparing that to a main character Pokemon like May's Munchlax is absurd. :)

Raevell
16th March 2006, 5:27 AM
Maybe it will be about the legend of the gold Sudowoodo? My thoughts are it has something to do with shiny Pokemon. We haven't had anything on that in ages...

LOL about the Brock situation. I had already heard this proclaimed over at Pokemopolis. Sudowoodo forced Brock to become a responsible parent to their child. :p

If I recall that episode correctly, in the dub at least, Brock was trying to convince Sudowoodo that he was friendly, just like a friendly Lickitung... As if that pick up line hasn't been used before.

Squirtle_007
16th March 2006, 6:29 AM
Ohhh cr@p!, that´s a bummer, not only there won´t be a Satoshi/Squirtle encounter, but there is gonna be a filler that maybe have Takeshi and his ugly little plant

CyberCubed
16th March 2006, 6:33 AM
That rumoured Squirtle episode is supossed to take place 2-3 episodes after Anabel...this is only 1 episode after Anabel...so it may still happen hopefully.

.Bambi.
16th March 2006, 6:35 AM
Ohhh cr@p!, that´s a bummer, not only there won´t be a Satoshi/Squirtle encounter, but there is gonna be a filler that maybe have Takeshi and his ugly little plant
Maybe?
Bonsly is the Pre-Evolved form of Sudowoodo. Sudowoodo is the center Pokemon of this episode. Brock gives Bonsly a bottle almost every episode.

It'll be one big headdesk if Bonsly doesn't appear in this episode. I'll laugh, actually.

Fatal
16th March 2006, 8:35 PM
Oh c'mon, there's a BIG difference between a filler Pokemon and a Pokemon owned by a main character.

That movie 7 Munchlax was just there for shameless promotion, and it evolved into Snorlax to show kids that it was indeed a new pre-evo.

Comparing that to a main character Pokemon like May's Munchlax is absurd. :)

Ah... I misunderstood the whole thing with Bonsly. I thought it was just a Pokmeon that appeared in one episode; not that it actually belongs to Brock afterward.

Yes well in that case you're right. :<

-Fatal

intergalactic platypus
17th March 2006, 1:05 AM
Wow, people always used to say there was homoerotic connontations with Heracross *ahem* sucking Bulbasaurs bulb, but in terms of wildly inappropriate pokemon Sudowoodo wins. I can't wait to see the giant phallic symbol again and the sketchy events that follow

The Great Butler
17th March 2006, 1:08 AM
Hmmmm......a Shiny Sudowoodo episode does seem like it may happen here....take a look at Serebii's R/S/E Pokédex and note the Shiny color of Sudowoodo. Interesting.....

It also makes the banana type look even more like......a banana. How strangely appropriate. ;)

Kabuto
17th March 2006, 1:59 AM
Cool, bout time we see a shiny, last one was Donphan and that wasn't shown in America >_>

Wow, people always used to say there was homoerotic connontations with Heracross *ahem* sucking Bulbasaurs bulb, but in terms of wildly inappropriate pokemon Sudowoodo wins. I can't wait to see the giant phallic symbol again and the sketchy events that follow

Good God! People notice sexual inneundo -__-. A horn sucking on a teet shaped bulb. Nice find >_>.

V Faction
17th March 2006, 2:02 AM
Cool, bout time we see a shiny, last one was Donphan and that wasn't shown in America >_>
Well it hasn't exactly been confirmed yet....

Raevell
17th March 2006, 5:58 AM
Good God! People notice sexual inneundo -__-. A horn sucking on a teet shaped bulb. Nice find >_>.

We're a sex obsessed country, of course we're going to see the subtle induendos. XD Haven't you ever head of Pokemopolis? You should let them enlighten you to the truth!

But what's this about Squirtle showing up?

Infinite Master Sceptile
17th March 2006, 7:44 AM
Sudowoodo! Perhaps we might see it really battle!
Swellow uses Wing Attack. Sudowoodo uses Mimic. Sudowoodo uses Wing Attack!

.Bambi.
17th March 2006, 8:01 AM
Sudowoodo! Perhaps we might see it really battle!
Swellow uses Wing Attack. Sudowoodo uses Mimic. Sudowoodo uses Wing Attack!
More like Aerial Ace >.>

If my memory serves me well, the last time Swellow has used Wing Attack was in the Fortree Gym Battle.

John's Knight
17th March 2006, 1:03 PM
It seems a regular episode, with a golden Sudowoodo. Still, we can finally see a pokemon after so many episodes. IIRC, the last (and first time) Sudo appeared was in that Mimic episode, right?

Neopolis
17th March 2006, 1:15 PM
Shinies? Sudowoodo? Wild evolution theories? Sounds like my kind of party!

And, John's knight, Sudowoodo made a small cameo in one of the first Hoenn episodes, where Max was studying it, and some Zigzagoon.

John's Knight
17th March 2006, 1:22 PM
Shinies? Sudowoodo? Wild evolution theories? Sounds like my kind of party!

And, John's knight, Sudowoodo made a small cameo in one of the first Hoenn episodes, where Max was studying it, and some Zigzagoon.

Don't remember....still, bigger rolls on episodes, i think that was just the one...
And those videos of Brock and Sudowoodo made me think (and XD)...

Komedic Konservationist
19th March 2006, 3:21 PM
I agree with all of you who are saying that this Sudowoodo could be a shiny. Afterall, Sudowoodo's shiny form is gold, and shinies are extremely rare to the point of them being legends, so alot is explined in the title. Here's how it could work out........
Ash and co. are journeying through a mountain range at dawn. They come to a log cabin, and decide to ask for rest here; only to find that the entire cabin is surrounded by saplings. They try to navigate the minature forest.... only for the trees to ashuffle infront. Max dives and dodges, only to get knocked flying. The whole gang are soon surrounded by dancing Sudowoodo. They all cower in terror; except Bonsly, who waddles towards them happily. Suddenly, it trips up....and begins crying. It's tears spray the Sudowoodo, causing them to fade away. It is upsert to see the Sudowoodo are gone, and bawls more. A girl and her father emerge from the cabin upon hearing Bonsly's brawling, and thank the gang for getting rid of the Sudowoodo. Inside, while they all drink cocoa, the girl explains that recently, she and her father built this cabin so they could investigate the native legend of a golden Sudowoodo. It is said that once every month, a golden Sudowoodo summons dozens of Sudowoodo up here for a dancing orgy. They watched the massive dance, but the Sudowood were angry that there secret had been discovered and trapped them in there cabin. The man and his daughter say that this time, they will disguise themselves as Sudowood, and have secret cameras hidden in there costumes so they can film the Sudowoodo's.
Meanwhile, Jessie is watching all this through a crack in the roof. James and Meowth are dancing along, babbling about how awesome the Sudwoodo's dancing was. Jessie gets angry at them, and slaps them till they drop. She explains how she plots to trap all these Sudowoodo, and pulls away a cloth. Beneath it, is a golden Sudowoodo robot. James and Meowth gasp in astonishment..... until Jessie forces Meowth to drive it. He is stuffed inside it (it's a hilariously tight fit), and is so embarassed he kicks Jessie. She is mad, and is about to fight Meowth when James interrupts and forces them to calm down.
That night, the gang, the man, and his daughter are all waddling along dressed as Sudowoodos. They waddle up the mountain, and eventually come to the valley were they last saw the dancing orgy. Here, they suddenly turn to see the golden Sudowoodo doing a cranky, ungainly dance. The other Sudowoodos are rushing to join it. Once again, Bonsly leaps out and rushes into the valley. Brock tries to stop it, only to fall, and end up in a heap. He is forced up, and forced to dance. Bonsly continues towards the golden Sudowoodo, and when it gets there...... the golden Sudowoodo suddnely sprouts rocket jets and a high-tech cannon emerges from it's head. It flies up, and starts shooting nets at all the Sudowoodos. Eventually, all of them are captured. Meowth leaps form inside the robot, and J&J leap from the shadows to do there motto. Once there motto is done, they summon there baloon to hoist all the Sudowoodo-filled nets up into the sky. Ash escapes form the net, and dnagles form it. He sends out Swellow to tackle Team Rocket above. It soars up, and J&J instantly panic as it flies towards them. Meowth, still in the Sudowoodo robot, takes Swellow on; zooming up into the air and trying to smash it from the sky with a mechanised hammer. Swellow dodges at Ash's command, and Aerial Aces the Sudowoodo bot; damaging it and causing it to malfunction. It spins madly towards the net which Ash and co. are in, and rips it apart, so that it's contents spills out. They grab onto each other, and trail behind the baloon..... causing it to spin offcourse. Jessie sends out Dustox to get rid of the trailing people and Pokemon, so that thjey won't crash. Dustox is about to blow them all away, when Bonsly (who is in one of the other nets) breaks out and lunges at Dustox. It lands on Dustox..... and the excess weight means that Dustox loses flight and spirals down. Bonsly goes down with it..... until Brockk snatches it out of the air. Jessie peers down to see what is going on, but tips and plunges down. She grabs onto Bonsly, which Brock is still holding with his spare hand, and drags the baloon down..... until it crashes into a mountainside and explodes. Team Rocket all go blasting off, and everyone else is sprawled on the mountain plataeu. There, the real golden Sudowood appears, and welcomes Bonsly. Bonsly waddles up, surrrounded by lots of other dancing Sudowoodo, and dances. As it dances, it glows, and evolves into Sudowoodo! The man exclaims how the dance, lead by the golden Sudowoodo, is actually an evolution ceromony! It's now that the sun rises, and all the Sudowoodo except Brock's all fade away.
Back at the cabin, Ash and co. are saying goodbye to the man and his daughter. He says that the whole evoltion ceromony was caught on video, and that with this he will be able to make an absolute fortune. Brock is very happy with his newly-evolved Sudowoodo, and is dancing along to it's rhythm. Max soon gets tired of his dancing, and pulls on his ear. He flops, and his dancing ceases. He bounds up, and is angry at Max.... but the girl (who he has been fancying this whole episode) quickly changes the subject by asking if he will go out with him next time he arrives at her city. Brock instantly swoons.... before he relaises that he won't be able to go to that city.
Meannwhile, Team Rocket are stranded out in the mountains. They moan and lament the loss of all those funky Sudowoodos. Meowth exclaims that they still have the Sudowoodo bot, and dnaces for them..... but the dancing annnoys a mob of Ursaring, who emerge from a cave. The episode ends with the Ursaring poised to rip Team Rocket to shreds.......
Note: I might rewrite this once I have more information on the episode.

Torkoal Stu
19th March 2006, 3:29 PM
Well we saw a Sneasel and Mr.Mime I guess Sudowoodo was a given to appear soon enough :/

Anyway 'Legend of Gold' hmmm maybe it's a Shiny Sudowoodo but it could be like a town or a village that get vists from a Sudowoodo every so often. And right well the Sudowoodo is said to bring gold or riches or something and the gang decide to track down this Sudowoodo to try and find out about the legend [/lame speculation] But if it turns out that way i'll be so proud :O

Or it's a Lombre episode when they need a Sudowoodo to do something, like the needed Lombre for rain. Hope not poor Bonsly ;_;

I hope Bonsly doesn't evolve, I love having D/P Pokemon in the team so we could discover more about their attacks, if Bonsly evolves bye bye insider attacks for Bonsly. We know it can learn Fake Tears, Flail, Tackle and Rock slide (<-- from XD). D: But I wouldn't mind learning some more.

IrkenAdolescent
19th March 2006, 9:30 PM
I can't wait to see this episode no matter if it's about a shiny Sudowoodo, or a regular one.

Brock's Bonsly wouldn't evolve this quickly. If it does evolve, it'll evolve in the DP season if he's in it.

Alfonso
20th March 2006, 4:55 PM
Let me guess. There's a village that believes that Sudowoodo brings them riches (Suggested by gold.) and other such fortunes. They then learn at the end that it's their own hard work, friendship and love for eachother than brings in the village's wealth.

._.

~Shining-Metagross~
20th March 2006, 7:28 PM
Let me guess. There's a village that believes that Sudowoodo brings them riches (Suggested by gold.) and other such fortunes. They then learn at the end that it's their own hard work, friendship and love for eachother than brings in the village's wealth.

._.
Yay for the moral of the day.

Although I havent seen a episode like this for a couple of seasons, so the puke-o-meter can be put away. Hopefully.

VoLTeR
21st March 2006, 5:56 PM
Bonsly 8D
I bet it wont evolve, there are loads of people out there who would cry there heds off it if evolved.