PDA

View Full Version : Three Jynx & A Baby! (445)

Serebii
16th March 2006, 5:23 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/445.jpgThree Jynx & A Baby

On their way to the Battle Tower, Ash & Co. bump into a cute young Smoochum. May eagerly wants to hold it but when Smoochum's three Sisters arrive, Ash & Co. are attacked by them. However Team Rocket has also met up with Smoochum and Jessie hatches a plan to steal it. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/445.shtml)

Discuss

Komedic Konservationist
16th March 2006, 5:38 PM
For once, my episode prediction was near the mark, it seems.
Then again, that fake summary was written along the lines of a generic filler, while my others were all rather outlandish.
Yeah, as I said in the speculation thread, it has potential to be a great comedy-based episode. Once the pictures arrive, I'll finally get to see how it works out.

Serebii
16th March 2006, 5:39 PM
Right, nobody got the Smoochum, it evolved into a Jynx if I'm reading correctly

Please hold off an any and all discussion regarding whether this episode will air in the US or not. Thank you

The Big Al
16th March 2006, 5:42 PM
Sounds like another unoriginal, uninteresting filler. I thought we were getting away from these. I'll comment more when I see the pictures.

Gravy
16th March 2006, 5:44 PM
The Smoochum capture speculation was pretty damn stupid to begin with. I mean, honestly...

I just want to know how good the animation was. I'm really eager to see what this new director is capable of. Any sort of amusing plot will be a bonus~

Thriller
16th March 2006, 6:29 PM
Aha, so the Smoochum just evolved into Jynx making this a "Bite to Remember" clone.

*Decides not to watch this ep*

V Faction
16th March 2006, 6:53 PM
Awesome! The Poochyena evolved into Mightyena!

Wait...

JazzJazz
16th March 2006, 7:02 PM
Aha, so the Smoochum just evolved into Jynx making this a "Bite to Remember" clone.

*Decides not to watch this ep*

You shouldn't boycott the episode just because of a recycled plot... you'd never watch the anime at all if you followed that all the time. Besides, there could still be some good dialogue and stuff in this episode to make it worthwhile.

.Bambi.
16th March 2006, 7:15 PM
So this is just the recycled plot of "A Bite to Remember".

Well, though that's kind of disappointing, I missed the episode when it aired so I guess I can make up for it now. All the Smoochum capture speculation...I'm guessing just to boost Post Counts. 'Tis a shame D:

Hmmm...I'm interested to see pictures though.

ghost master
16th March 2006, 9:40 PM
Then again, that fake summary was written along the lines of a generic filler, while my others were all rather outlandish.The summary wasnt fake. It comes from a highly respected source and also the sumary just said something about may picking up hte smoochum and the Jynx retaliate and TR tries capturing Smoochum. Sounds like it could fit in to the episodes plot.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th March 2006, 10:22 PM
Hmm...

May: Alright, time to catch Smoochum!
*Smoochum evolves*
Jynx: JYNX!
Brock: Oh s***, we can't touch it now, it's politically incorrect!
May: Aww......
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So, did the new animator do any cool or funny animations. I hope she uses some chibis or very impressive shading or something.

Hopefully this episode we'll have some comedy to save it!

Serebii
16th March 2006, 11:17 PM
Ep pics are up on the site

V Faction
16th March 2006, 11:23 PM
We need an Episode Synopsis: STAT!

And someone to confirm what the green (evidently sound-based) attack was.

All in the all, the pictures make it look like a decent episode (aside from the Jynx). There was a new art director working on this I hear. That right? Most of the characters looked off in one shot then excellent in another. Hard to get used to...

Jikkle
16th March 2006, 11:24 PM
Hmm it appears the Smoochum has a crush on Ash at the end of the episode.... :p

The Big Al
16th March 2006, 11:28 PM
Is it just me or have Jynx gotten shorter? Either that or they got rounder. Either way, they look weird from behind.

.Bambi.
16th March 2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah, Jynx do look odd in this episode. Though there are a couple of pictures that they look amazing in.

This episode doesn't look all that different from what most people were expecting. The Meowth-chum looks like a funny scene, can't wait to see it in motion. It was actually kind of cute to see Jessie want Smoochum so badly. And that scene with Jessie coddling Smoochum and James, Manene almost made me want her to capture it. Humanshape Baby Pokemon...UNITE! >:O

What was with Team Rocket and their tuxedos? I can see that they wanted to put Smoochum on broadway or something, but it was a gag that ran throughout the episode. Aand roshambo [or whatever it's called] makes an appearence once again. I'll never get that gave...never D:

Overall, some Avatar worthy scenes in this episode, but until I see the episode, I'm indifferent.

S.Suikun
16th March 2006, 11:46 PM
All of the characters look obscure in this, actually. I believe this is primarily due to the new art director. Most of the obscurity is present in the characters' faces (particularly Meowth and Jessie). This duo of shots, for example:
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/445/AG266.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/445/AG267.jpg

The Benmeister
16th March 2006, 11:47 PM
Interesting scenes of climbing that weird pylon tower thing. Quite a few seemingly tense moments in this episode, although Smoochum evolving sorta ruined the feel of it at the end. But that's just me being awkward.

Mawile XD
16th March 2006, 11:57 PM
Ugh, I've never like Smoochum. I agre with Jikkle, Smoochum does appear to have a crush on Ash. Will it start following the gang?

V Faction
17th March 2006, 12:03 AM
Will it start following the gang?
No. No it will not.

ŁańkaŃ
17th March 2006, 12:46 AM
Well..i liked it how it was 3 Jynx and 1 Smoochum..i actually wish it didn't evolve...

but overall it was a good episode...lots of freezing

PDL
17th March 2006, 2:53 AM
at least there's an unexpected Kirlia cameo...

HoennMaster
17th March 2006, 4:39 AM
I was hoping either May or Jessie would get Smoochum. This epsiode actually looks good, for the humor content

Aptenodytes
17th March 2006, 6:17 AM
You know the pic on the 1st post would make for an excellent avatar ^^

From what I've seen in the pictures, it looks like a fun episode, but Smoochum evolving wasn't really needed from what I saw...

John's Knight
17th March 2006, 1:10 PM
Seen the pics...normal episode, IMO. The Jynxs looked odd...IMO
Some funny parts, blah,blah,blah...5/10

Chatsy
17th March 2006, 1:24 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/AG115.jpg http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/AG116.jpg

I must kill those animators for making Ash look so odd (although, about damn time they make him react to Brock's female hunting)

And Smoochum ... uhm... smooches Ash and then evolves?
Pardon me for behaving like a rapid Ash fangirl, but *jealouses*

Funny how Jessie acted like some King Kong by crawling up that tower with Smoochum XD

.::Lynee::.
17th March 2006, 1:33 PM
I thought that Jessie would catch it but now, I got the result : nobody gets it. So it may be a good ending

Chatsy
17th March 2006, 1:43 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/crush.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/ChatzwuvsAsh/crush1.jpg
Crush confirmed. :O

Credit to filb for the pic.

.::Lynee::.
17th March 2006, 1:45 PM
Pics are so cool
I love Smoochum's smiles ^^
So Smoochum evolved in the ending of this Es?

Chatsy
17th March 2006, 2:39 PM
Pics are so cool
I love Smoochum's smiles ^^
So Smoochum evolved in the ending of this Es?
Yes, right after giving Ash a kiss on his cheek.

Quite the disturbing shipping if people are imagining that O_O;;

Dreamcoat
17th March 2006, 5:09 PM
Oh boy, THREE Jynx this time....

Let's hope this won't be banned either..

.Bambi.
17th March 2006, 6:12 PM
Oh boy, THREE Jynx this time....

Let's hope this won't be banned either..
4 at the End D:

http://filb.greenchu.de/content/anime/ag168/407.jpg

Dreamcoat
17th March 2006, 7:40 PM
4 at the End D:

http://filb.greenchu.de/content/anime/ag168/407.jpg
=0

Oh dear god...

Aldrius
17th March 2006, 8:11 PM
Aww... I think Satoshi looks cute in this episode.

ArrEmmDee
17th March 2006, 9:18 PM
I wicked wanted to punch all of those Jynx in the fact throughout the course of the episode, and seriously hoped Ash, May, Brock, or even Max would get some sense in to them and give them a serious what have you for. Stupid arrogant Jynx.

And I'm relieved my prediction of Jessie getting Smoochum came out false. Though once I saw how pissy and destructive the Jynx were and figured they'd probably never stop until the got Smoochum back, I figured that was it for that anticipation.

CyberCubed
17th March 2006, 9:21 PM
I liked this episode. The Jynx were on a rampage and froze the whole city. We saw cars again for the first time in ages!

Poor Combusken got blown away by the Jynx.

This was a great TR-centered episode though. With the faster pace this season TR don't get much screentime anymore, so it was nice to have a filler where they pretty much starred the whole thing.

A nice solid filler overall, nothing bad or dull about it really. It was pretty much a breather between May's 4th ribbon and the Battle Tower.

S.Suikun
17th March 2006, 9:42 PM
I liked this episode. The Jynx were on a rampage and froze the whole city. We saw cars again for the first time in ages!
We just saw cars in "Manene Queen" and "Red Inazuma"...

This wasn't a bad filler by any means, but people really shouldn't be kicking themselves if it's not shown on WB.

V Faction
17th March 2006, 9:47 PM
THE Best Part of the episode: Freezing Magikarp mid jump and Spearow mid flight.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th March 2006, 9:57 PM
Anyone noticed Jessie showed Cleavage during her fantasy, now look at the Wakana episode, and their is no cleavage even with the bathingsuit girls. I was worried 4Kids was starting to influence Tv Tokyo, like they supposedly do with removing japanese text and stuff.

The onigiri, however, looked odd, like TV tokyo made it easier for 4kids to edit it.

CyberCubed
17th March 2006, 10:11 PM
THE Best Part of the episode: Freezing Magikarp mid jump and Spearow mid flight.

The fact that Ash and co. didn't even try to help them made it even more amusing.

I wonder if they left the city and that poor Magikarp is still frozen mid-jump...

V Faction
17th March 2006, 10:19 PM
I wonder if they left the city and that poor Magikarp is still frozen mid-jump...
It better be, by golly... *shakes fist*

Geodude
18th March 2006, 1:13 AM
We need an Episode Synopsis: STAT!

And someone to confirm what the green (evidently sound-based) attack was.
Psychic. But it also had the effect of showing the gang telepathically what the Jynx saw (TR taking off in their balloon with Smoochum).

Heracross
18th March 2006, 1:51 AM
A green psychic? It's been animated the same way since episode 22, why on earth did they feel the need to change it now?

NoDot
18th March 2006, 1:56 AM
They didn't change Psychic's telekinetic animation, just so you know.

And in reguards to the art, did anyone else feel like some of the movements seemed slower than usual? I thought there were some points where it was almost like things slowed down, animation wise.

In the good, however, was Ash finally reacting to Brock. About time!

Geodude
18th March 2006, 2:12 AM
A green psychic? It's been animated the same way since episode 22, why on earth did they feel the need to change it now?
I think it's because we rarely if ever see a Psychic that is more telepathic than telekinetic. The gang were reacting to only the mental pain, holding their heads and whatnot.

V Faction
18th March 2006, 2:26 AM
And now I wonder how often they'll pull that effect out.

Yamato-san
18th March 2006, 4:29 AM
well this is interesting. At the end of the episode, Haruka suggests taking a break to eat, but Satoshi, too anxious to get to the Battle Tower, comments that they do that everyday. Is it just me, or has Haruka turned into the new glutton of the group (she has, quite often, led them to restaurants she heard of), where as in the past, Satoshi would always be the one with a rumbling stomach?

[Anticipates Cyber to make some comment on where it all goes.]

V Faction
18th March 2006, 4:33 AM
It's all part of the writers' plan to increase the character development of May. When she hungers for more food, it illustrates their passion for driving towards the overweight female audience. May is the representation of this. Here strives toward winning contests and strikes of unbelievable hunger only promote her popularity and Main Character-ness. Coincidentally, May's ravenous need for food and Ash's non-existant need clearly signifies that Ash will be leaving next season why May takes up the reins as the newer, more exciting character.

Heracross
18th March 2006, 4:49 AM
The passing of the olympic stomach, as it were.

Geodude
18th March 2006, 4:52 AM
Wait, I'm not entirely sure that that attack was Psychic. It probably was, but I don't think it was named as such.

CyberCubed
18th March 2006, 5:04 AM
Is it just me, or has Haruka turned into the new glutton of the group (she has, quite often, led them to restaurants she heard of), where as in the past, Satoshi would always be the one with a rumbling stomach?

I have to agree, has Ash even shown his love of eating/food at all lately? Usually in anime its typical of the leading shonen or shoujo character to always be hungry and eat a lot (hence Ash and May throughout the series), although nowadays Ash controls his stomach, while May wants to eat everything everywhere. (Remember how in the fighting dojo episode, May decided to battle Ash just so she could eat the ramen noodles at the end?)

[Anticipates Cyber to make some comment on where it all goes.]

A girl's gotta eat to keep up that fabulous figure, no doubt. I have noticed, in recent episodes, that the writers are drawing more attention to May's backside:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1594/3694xt.jpg

Yes the fanny pack is blocking the view but you can see how extended it is from her back. So now the writers have focused on her other curves eh? Not that I'm complaining, really.

Heracross
18th March 2006, 6:48 AM
Hey guys, check out which city they decided to rip (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/rip.jpg) off (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/off.jpg) this week! 8D

Eh, aside from that, not a bad episode really. Certainly better than I had expected simply from the previews. I always enjoy the Rocket-dan centered eps. And I loved their costumes. XD

Also, having now seen what you guys were talking about, I take back my "green psychic wtf-ing", as that was actually consistant with how the flashbacks were done way back in the Christmas special.

.Bambi.
18th March 2006, 7:58 AM
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1594/3694xt.jpg
You can even see May's boobs from a back shot now? 0_0

Hey guys, check out which city they decided to rip (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/rip.jpg) off (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/off.jpg) this week! 8D
Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they? I personally like the fact that Ash and Co. are re-visiting old locations. If only the continuity was acknowledged in dialogue or narrative form...

Yamato-san
18th March 2006, 11:11 AM
Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they?

Yeah, and it's not as if that city was used for anything more than letting Tattsuu swim in the fountain, so far as I recall at least. Just a random rest-stop location no one could give a damn about.

Chris
18th March 2006, 11:18 AM
Well, they're not saying that it's a totally different town, are they? I personally like the fact that Ash and Co. are re-visiting old locations. If only the continuity was acknowledged in dialogue or narrative form...
The fact that they even do this disproves any arguments that the writers and animators forget things. >_> If they can bring back OLD as hell locations or background characters, then surely their memories are better than what most claim they are. At least we can say it's better than 4Kids' memory. :P

Heracross
18th March 2006, 11:21 AM
It's not the location this time so much as the principle of the whole thing. They're making it blatantly obvious that they do, in fact, remember the original Kanto, even that obscure location, which as you said, no one would give a damn about.

Why then, do they do nothing else related to the first season? Did they really think we would be content with some random backgrounds they ripped from old episodes? "There's your Kanto! See, they're in it!"? That's what gets me. I couldn't care less about that little park. It's the fact that they give us crap like this when I'm hungry for real material.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th March 2006, 1:06 PM
Hmm, I swear Brock mentioned the town at the beginning, anyone catch the name? What town is the Battle Tower near?

pikachu146
18th March 2006, 3:24 PM
This episode doesn't look very good to me.It seems that Ash and his friends helped Jynx to rescue Smoochum.And at last that Smoochum evolved into Jynx.No important events here.I'd give it a 4/10.

Gravy
18th March 2006, 9:05 PM
Yeah, and it's not as if that city was used for anything more than letting Tattsuu swim in the fountain, so far as I recall at least. Just a random rest-stop location no one could give a damn about.
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn they said that they were in Viridian City, in the dub at least :/

S.Suikun
18th March 2006, 9:41 PM
This episode doesn't look very good to me.It seems that Ash and his friends helped Jynx to rescue Smoochum.And at last that Smoochum evolved into Jynx.No important events here.I'd give it a 4/10.
WaitWait...did you actually see the episode? Because "doesn't look very good" implies that you're simply judging from the pictures. Granted, the actual episode in motion isn't that fantastic, but it's more than simply Ash rescuing a Pokemon in peril.

Yamato-san
19th March 2006, 5:11 AM
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn they said that they were in Viridian City, in the dub at least :/

You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.

IrkenAdolescent
19th March 2006, 5:13 AM
I... hate... Jynx. And there's three of them, so it makes it worse. What? there's four att he end? Great... just great.

Well, at least the Secret Organization of Politically Correct Hippies (SOPH for the rest of you) probably won't ban this episode since they took out most of Jynx's politically incorrectness.

I would've liked it if soemone caught the Smoochum, or it not evolving at least. Curse you, Jynx! Curse you!!!

asia_catdog_blue
19th March 2006, 5:22 AM
Wait! I want too see this episode. where did you see it?

Chris
19th March 2006, 5:57 AM
We'd tell you, but then we'd have to kill you. ;\

You're not allowed to ask.

Kabuto
19th March 2006, 6:02 AM
Jynx and Smoochum filler. Sounds pretty dull to me. Glad it'll probably not air on Kids WB.

HoennMaster
19th March 2006, 6:58 AM
sounds dumb, but it looks like a good episode

skarmachild
19th March 2006, 3:27 PM
sounds dumb, but it looks like a good episode

It was... okay, it was weird how it all went together near the end and seemed to be animated a bit differently, better though. Average filler though, the next ep should be better.

Dephender
19th March 2006, 7:45 PM
You sure the dub didn't say they were en route to Viridian City? Anyway, if they really were in Tokiwa City, don't you think Satoshi would've challenged the gym right then and there? Geographically, I'm pretty sure Tokiwa City and Hanada City are very close to eachother, but the only way going to Hanada first makes sense is if they were in some town that's somewhat between both locations. Rather than some rather senseless backtracking (honestly, how vital is it that Tattsuu have a body of water to swim in? Monster Balls were invented for the purpose of carrying creatures around in virtually any environment a human is capable of going through... or did Kasumi suddenly forget this? You do gotta wonder why the hell she let Tattsuu rest on her shoulder about an episode prior to that.... come to think of it, that was while they were transversing an ocean... pff, no body of water to exercise in my a**), they'd go to one place first, then go to the other place, which is desirable because the latter is closer to Masara Town, where Satoshi intended to go when he finished collecting badges.

Unless my japanese is really off, the original episode, and probably the dub as well, said the group was en route to Tokiwa.

Since I'm posting in this thread anyway, I might as well post my thoughs on this episode:

Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show.

Nope, didn't like the episode.

ghost master
19th March 2006, 8:05 PM
Jesus, Satoshi, you're the king of double standards, aren't you? Muchul didn't have any objections about going with the Rockets, and no matter what those overprotective Rougela felt about it, people "catching" wild pokemon the same damn way he has done before is something he could stay out of for once. Catching wild pokemon is what people do in this world.
The Rougela were in the wrong by attacking a nearby city because their fellow pokemon willingly went with a couple of trainers who didn't even know of the Rougela sisters' existense. Stopping the three pokemon would be the right thing to do, not trying to get Mucul back. Again, catching pokemon is what people do in this world, and it's not like the Rockets were doing it by unethical means this time. They simply stumbled upon a pokemon they wanted, and the pokemon didn't have any objections going with them. We've seen a lot of pokemon being caught in the exact same fashion during the show. It depends on your definition of caught. Smoochum ate the riceball and then TR just picked it up and took it away. Thats not exactly catching. If TR were to have caught it in the pokeball or if Smoohum willingly went with them. Also although TR got it fair and square they have been known to have tried to catch things fair and square and the anime make it seem like they did something wrong. The anime also wanted to portray they were a big happy family and of course no one can seperate each other from their family:(. Remember when TR traded victreebell for Weepinbell and they had it use sweet scent and they tried to get elekid but Ash and co. attacked them because Casey wanted to catch it. That was even more unfair for TR.

Anyway I thought this episode was funny and quite good. I noticed on these epi discussions lately people have just said oh it was just a filler and automatically class it as crud. I liked the bonsly & manene filler and this filler but not the city one but I'm reading people just in general say it was bad because it was a filler.

X-Wing
21st March 2006, 3:06 AM

What amazes me is that just by seeing this episode's scene, it raised a flag in your memory telling you :"Hmmm I've seen this city before" and then you actually find an image to prove your souvenir right !!! I'm not sure wether to admire your memory or deplore your excess of free time ;)

~Flareon~
25th March 2006, 9:25 AM
This episode looks interesting. Firstly, Ash and his friends walk and saw a Smoochum and May decides to touch it but suddenly Jynx appears and use Blizzard at May. So as Ash and Pikachu, but they have been freezed and they turned into popiscle. Secondly, Team Rocket take Smoochum with them. Secondly, Ash and the others, the Jynx sisters came in just in time to get Smoochum from Jessie. But James and Meowth came and take Jessie in the balloon. But Ash have a idea, he sends Swellow to use Aerial Ace to break the machine arms and drop Smoochum down. Brock, May and Max came to catch it. But Smoochum jumps on their body. The Jynx sisters use their Ice Beam to freeze Team Rocket and their balloon and Pikachu finishes them off with Thunder. Smoochum kissed Ash and then Smoochum begins to glow and evolve into Jynx.

Darkness Angel
25th November 2006, 3:08 PM
nice to see Pikachu getting forzen in the begining.

CharizardMaster
25th November 2006, 3:32 PM
Nice episode, I noticed that woboffet(sp.) wasn't in this episode.

ManeneMan
25th November 2006, 4:17 PM
I didn't like it too much, it would have been a good opportunity to add a new member to Jessie's team. If we didn't already have Manene as the cutie of TR, I would say definitely let Jessie catch Smoochum.

CyberCubed
25th November 2006, 6:10 PM
*scrolls back some pages*

So Heracross was complaining that they reused some background, who knew that back here that would be the least of the things they rehashed in recenet years.

One of those Jynx had a screwed up voice. The other two sounded like normal Jynx. Heh, after watching this episode you never would have thought Jynx was such a controversial Pokemon that they actually banned some episodes just because Jynx was in it.

I remember when KidsWb delayed May's final Hoenn Contest just because her coordinator rival used a Jynx. They played that Contest AFTER the Grand Festival, which ended up confusing most people as to where May got her 5th ribbon from and why she went back to a Contest after the GF. Lol, idiots. Thank god Cartoon Network isn't as crazy with Jynx as KidsWb was.

Dammit, May's Combusken should have fried those Jynx. Anyone notice PUSA tends to make Ash say really nice things to May now? At the sunset scene when May says she's hungry, you'll see what I mean.

CabbyFish
25th November 2006, 7:13 PM
As I recall this is the second appearance of Jynx in purple.

Back on topic, I haven't seen either version of this episode yet (I did see its neighboring episodes in Japanese though) and I have to say it's nice to see that the ban on Jynx has been lifted. I'm assuming Jynx keeps its archived voices from back in its appearances in its older color.

Also, if you've checked Pocketmonsters.net, when you hover over this episode title, a caption appeared reading, "Woot, a Jynx. Another banned episode?" (may not be the exact words, but it should be close) LOL! I don't know if the sites up right now though, but I thought it was funny.

cassius335
25th November 2006, 8:44 PM
If the ban was really gone, we'd see black Jynx again.

jolteonjak
25th November 2006, 10:16 PM
I thought this episode sucked. Wasn't there a debate going on as to why the twerps were trying to stop Jesse from getting Smoochum? From what I could tell, the Jynx and Smoochum weren't owned by anyone.

Thank god, the BF saga didn't have many fillers.

Medea
25th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Oy, oy, oy! *Medea gets sued by Al Franken*

Okay, as much as I love Jynx and it is one of my favorites. I did not like their new voices, and I thought this was a rather boring filler. Now there were some funny lines that were pretty damn hilarious. Like when Jessie said she wishes she would where something longer.

WaterDragon trainer
26th November 2006, 1:11 AM
This episode was good. There was a few parts I found to be funny. When TR fought over the rice ball and Meowth getting hit by Ice Beam. TR getting blasted off while still frozen was hilarious.

Lishus13
26th November 2006, 2:30 AM
Did one of the Jynx sound like a dying kitten? That must've been the elderly woman Jynx.

Anywho, when Smoochum evolved, I half-expected Ash, May, or Brock to say "What the hell, is it a dwarf Jynx?" It look really small compared to the other Jynx.

uncutpokemon
26th November 2006, 2:38 AM
i think the highlight of this episode was the part when Jessie said that the snack was a "rice ball", shows that PUSA isn't afraid to to say "hey it's japanese food, it's there cause it's a japanese show" unlike the former dubbing staff who would have tried telling us it's a sandwitch or a cookie!

Rapiido
26th November 2006, 3:47 AM
Only ONE Jynx sounded good..

One Sounded like a "dying kitten"
The evolved Smoochum sounded too deep.
I didn't even hear what the last one sounded like..

jolteonjak
26th November 2006, 4:48 AM
i think the highlight of this episode was the part when Jessie said that the snack was a "rice ball", shows that PUSA isn't afraid to to say "hey it's japanese food, it's there cause it's a japanese show" unlike the former dubbing staff who would have tried telling us it's a sandwitch or a cookie!

Yes because having "riceball" and "ramen" said in the anime is much better than having the talent that's been around for 8+ years.

Geodude
26th November 2006, 5:07 AM
Lay off, jak. That comment clearly had nothing to do with the voice actors.

wobbanut
26th November 2006, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure about this episode. It was great to see smoochum's voice sounds pretty much the same as the old days, since I love its voice :) , but the three jynx weren't as great. It's a nice touch that they made each sound unique, and one actually sounded like the old jynx, but that one sounded more like Mr. Mime or something. :p I do love Mr. Mime, but that just sounded... wrong.

The part I liked best was Jessie's attempted escape with smoochum up the ladder. At least it was something different from Team Rocket's usual escape attempts, it actually worked for a while (yay!), and it created a great amount of suspense. At least Jessie got out of it okay by James and Meowth coming to the rescue. Smoochum joining in the dancing was cute too. The part with Mime Jr. and Meowth running out dressed as smoochum was LOL hilarious. At least Meowth is play-acting his size this time, unlike when he did Jessie earlier in the season. :p

Overall, though, it wasn't one of the classics. It just didn't catch my interest apart from Team Rocket and smoochum. 7/10 for me.

CabbyFish
26th November 2006, 11:14 PM
acually, for the record, I think two of them keep their archived voices, each with two different pitches. If you watch the scene carefully where Mime Jr. and Meowth are being chased, you'll hear what I mean. Lol at James saying he doesn't want his Mime Jr. to be a Sudosmoochum.

Knight_Ram
27th November 2006, 3:02 AM
This was an ok episode. I really was getting annoyed with the bits were Jessie seemed like one of those girls who just didnt get that she was not ment to have that smoochum! Its like she is really stupid or something! lol... But other than that, it was an ok episode even though when Ash was falling down the ladder it took about a minute and it seemed like he was only about 20seconds up the ladder lol... 6.5/10

mrbrightside69
29th November 2006, 2:25 PM
Only ONE Jynx sounded good..

One Sounded like a "dying kitten"
The evolved Smoochum sounded too deep.
I didn't even hear what the last one sounded like..

I agree with you completely. I mean only one of the Jynx actually sounded good, the others were somewhat disappointing. When i first heard it I had to rewind the Tivo. I was quite let down with this episode, as I am with every other Battle Frontier episodes. The series is really falling down hill these days. 5/10

Geodude
29th November 2006, 11:10 PM
when Ash was falling down the ladder it took about a minute and it seemed like he was only about 20seconds up the ladder lol...

That would be what's known as dramatic license. :p It's not the first time we've seen it.

Celebitwo
4th March 2007, 10:41 AM
This is one of my least favourite episodes
Team Rocket near actually did anything wrong during the course of the episode. They 'capured' a wild pokemon, but the Jynx just got stressed about it. Jessie never planned to do any harm to Smoochum. A the end when their ballon got blown up, that was wrong as TR didn't have Smoochum or Pikachu, Ash was just showing his violent side; I mean it was as though he was doing it the get them caught by Officer Jenny!

TurtwigFan1
1st October 2008, 10:43 PM
I liked this episode, mostly because it contains Jynx, one of my fave Pokémon!

Tadashi
10th October 2008, 1:27 AM
Dang, what is it with Jessie and Smoochum? First this, then the summer school arc...

Hehehe, I loved the part when Ash & Pikachu got turned to snow by the Jynx XDDD Forgot I was watching TV, there... and then poor Pika got frozen... those Jynxes get mad really fast. (lol frozen Magikarp in the air... )

Cute filler ^^

GDE
26th October 2008, 9:04 PM
whew, this episode made jynx look really fat ._.

Torpoleon
9th November 2008, 1:19 AM
Ash and Jessie risked their lives for a Smoochum!Cool!

TurtwigFan1
1st January 2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, this was a great episode in my opinion. The Jynx' voices were fine for me and Smoochum was so adorable!

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 12:01 PM
Meh pretty much recycled plot. But Jynx is a rare site, in the anime, so it sure was a treat to me.

Rommath
5th February 2009, 6:44 PM
Okay episode. Smoochum's as great as ever, is Jessie ever going to get a Smoochum though? They've hinted at it a bit, so I don't know. Nice to see Jynx returning, I didn't like the "twerps" treatment of Team Rocket in this episode though.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 12:25 PM
this was a funny episode i really liked it:P
too bad that jynx arn't seen much in episodes.

Littlemyuu
21st June 2009, 11:49 PM
It was an nice episode, i dont like Jynx that much but it was worth watching

glowing_light010
7th July 2009, 11:25 PM
Smoochum is so cute ^_^ It stinks that Jessie didn't catch it :/

Now it's just a boring filler...

Surfer_Dude
26th September 2009, 1:03 PM
Poor smoochum... :(
I would be really scared if i got chased by jesee.
And in the end it gets stuck with them weird lookin jynx :(

CyberCubed
19th November 2009, 7:03 AM
So the writers make some important eps in BF only one part, yet they have time to make a ridiculous filler about Smoochum/Jynx.

At least it wasn't as bad as that Chatot filler.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 1:12 PM
Bad episode, i didn't like it..
Smoochum was cute, that all.

Lorde
10th January 2010, 4:14 PM
Typical Filler. I was surprised that they'd air a Jynx episode in the US though.

Smoochum was delightfully cute though, too bad it wasn't caught by a main character.

Really, pretty mucu boring. 1/10

Painkiller2001
17th December 2010, 6:53 PM
One of those Jynx had a screwed up voice. The other two sounded like normal Jynx. Heh, after watching this episode you never would have thought Jynx was such a controversial Pokemon that they actually banned some episodes just because Jynx was in it.

I just assumed that two of the Jynx were male (which is weird, when you think about it. Male Jynx?) and the other one was female.

Did they leave a rice ball in the anime? Or was I just seeing things? I always thought they had to edit those out for something different when the episodes air in America?

Not much else to say about this episode. Not great, not bad. Let's hope the next episode is a bit better.

G50
26th April 2011, 4:56 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Smoochum and Jynx again. It was cool to see the Smoochum eventually evolve into Jynx, it was very fitting for this episode. It was interesting how Jessie really wanted that Smoochum, she really loves cute Pokemon. Smoochum really appeared to have a crush on Ash in this episode. It was cool how Smoochum kissed Ash and then immediately evolved into Jinx. The Jinx were definitely really protective of Smoochum.

17/100

Vernikova
18th September 2012, 8:37 PM
A boring episode. It wasn't interesting. Jynx are boring Pokemon and I didn't really care about anything that happened here.

PokemontrainerY
5th August 2013, 11:35 PM
This was a ridiculos filler episode.
Those Jynx were boring and that Smoochum was annoying, I never cared about them anyway. Jessie was totally obessive over the Smoochum in this episode, which was annoying.

Painkiller2001
17th November 2014, 12:06 AM
Kind of a strange thing to make an observation of about, I definitely didn't notice this the last time I watched this episode, but now that take notice of the part where the rice ball rolls down the hill, I realized I was right.
To me, it's just not as comical seeing a rice ball roll down a hill than it is seeing an actual sandwich rolling down a hill.

Not that I'm saying it absolutely had to be a sandwich and not a rice ball.

Lorde
30th November 2014, 6:14 AM
I thought that the three Jynx sisters were so ratchet tbh, but I cackled when they froze Ash's Pikachu. Seeing Smoochum steal Team Rocket's last rice ball was hilarious and Jessie's vision of making Smoochum a singer had me rolling. Meowth dressed as Smoochum was funny too and Jessie climbing the tower and Ash following after her was pretty intense.