View Full Version : MTG COTD: Leyline of Lifeforce

~RaikouRider243~
17th March 2006, 3:42 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/leyline_of_lifeforce.jpg

---
Leyline of Lifeforce
Guildpact Rare

2GG: Enchantment

If Leyline of Lifeforce is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play.
Creature spells canít be countered.
Where sovereignty and flesh converge.
---

Compared to the other three we've reviewed so far, I don't like this leyline very much. The only real use for it is a sideboard against blue counter/control decks, and it should be sided in fours.

2/5

Shadow Trainer
17th March 2006, 9:45 PM
The third or fourth best of the leylines. Really a sideboard card, unless there is a lot of MUC in your metagame. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
18th March 2006, 3:32 AM
The sideboard card of doom for blue counter spell decks. 3/5.

skiboydoggy
20th March 2006, 6:57 AM
Anti Counterspell is all, not particularly good if you ask me, but anti-counterspell is decent enough for the sideboard...

Felix Feral Fezirix
20th March 2006, 2:27 PM
Well, I haven't seen a counterspell deck yet, but I know for sure this will work real well in a Selesnya deck, where creatures are power. Or any other token deck, for that matter.

Kaizer
20th March 2006, 11:31 PM
I'd like to point out that all of this supposed synergy with token decks is actually pretty non-existant. This only prevents your creatures from getting countered. Any cards that produce tokens ares still viable to be countered as they aren't creatures themselves- they just make 'em.

Now, not sounding like a broken record, this card really isn't all that great, even for sideboarding purposes. Most creature-based decks will have far more creatures and other cards combined than can realistically be countered. Sure your bigger ones will probably go down, but those smaller hitters will be what win the war versus the control oriented decks this would be used to counter. I'd suppose this might actually be more worthwhile in some casual matchup than a viable constructed card.

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 8:35 AM
Kinda true, but I'd rather have my big hitters down there to knock him off balance. Anyway, on a slow game, monsters may be put down once every two turns or so, and when one pops up, it immediately gets countered. Since it would be good to not have that happen, it seems to be good to put it in certain decks. Like Arcbound.

skiboydoggy
21st March 2006, 8:41 AM
Erm... I would like to say that green Transference is just... Wrong. At any rate, it still is not that good.

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 10:46 AM
It's just for the wrong colour, I feel. Even then, I sure like to have the assurance that my Krojan Colossus or other giant monster of doom can't be countered......As well as Arcbound.