PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon on Revolution!

JazzJazz
17th March 2006, 10:49 PM
There's a small (tiny, actually) article over at IGN where Tsunekazu Ishihara (president of the Pokemon Company) speaks about Pokemon appearing on Revolution. There's not details or anything, but talk of it seems to allude that there are definitely plans for something there.

Here's the link to the article:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/696/696754p1.html

Xtra
18th March 2006, 12:15 AM
I wonder if the revolution game will be able to connect to Diamond and Peral

The Great Butler
18th March 2006, 12:50 AM
This is definitely a tasty little bit of information, and if it came to be it could be very interesting indeed. Wi-Fi MMORPG Pokémon, anyone?

JazzJazz
18th March 2006, 1:28 AM
and if it came to be it could be very interesting indeed.

If it came? If what came? It's not like the article reveals anything of substance...

The Great Butler
18th March 2006, 1:37 AM
If it came? If what came? It's not like the article reveals anything of substance...

If a Pokémon Revolution game came to be.....

AMiller
18th March 2006, 5:37 AM
This extra secret has been hinted at for a while, I hope it's something substantial. The secret of the DS was the touch screen, I don't expect anything that big however.

Anyway, I hope there are Pokemon games on Revolution, a Wi-Fi MMORPG would be amazing.

Vaporeon
18th March 2006, 10:40 AM
I can't wait til I actually be non-lazy enough to get a job. I'd be able to buy a Revolution when they come out. I wouldn't want to juggle between an XBox 360 & Revolution when Halo 3 is near release.

I've always wanted a Nintendo Console for Pokemon games.. o_O (I've never had one)

Serebii
18th March 2006, 10:50 AM
Wow this is the least news like news I have heard since BMG gave the news of DP coming out in 2006 :o

Char1016
18th March 2006, 3:17 PM
I think they have gone to the future, click on the link and see this:
... recently saw its 10th anniversary over in Japan (Red and Green hit the Game Boy on 2/27/2996), and to celebrate, the editors of Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine conducted an interview with...
Or this is a mistake :P.

Geki
18th March 2006, 7:37 PM
AWESOME news. I've already asked everyone in my town if they take pre-orders for Revolution, and no one does yet. I'm definetly getting a Revolution, the controller pwns too. I hope it's the third installment in the Colosseum/Gale Of Darkness series.

CyberCubed
18th March 2006, 9:14 PM
I fail to see a reason to get excited. Gamecube got Colosseum and XD. We shouldn't expect anything amazing from a Rev version either. Most likely another generic Stadium or Colosseum/XD sequal.

PokemanFoeva
19th March 2006, 8:49 AM
I fail to see a reason to get excited. Gamecube got Colosseum and XD. We shouldn't expect anything amazing from a Rev version either. Most likely another generic Stadium or Colosseum/XD sequal.
Good point

Believe it or not, I want this game in 2D because the y barely had space for graphics in colluseum and XD.And over 500 3D pkmn will be tough even for the revolution i think...The gamecube series was horrible.

Serebii
19th March 2006, 10:57 AM
They actually had lots of space for graphics in Colosseum or XD. Those games were only a couple of hundred MB. The standard GC disk can handle 1.5GB

Kez
19th March 2006, 11:23 AM
Well, I think it would be interesting to bring a game out like Pokemon Snap. I thought that that game was interesting, and iu suppose the revolution controller would give it an added feature.

I think that pokemon rpg games, like the game boy series, should be jkept in 2D on handhelds. I just cant really see how it would work as well in 3D.

JazzJazz
19th March 2006, 7:55 PM
I just cant really see how it would work as well in 3D.

I guess that it could work in 3D, but games like Colosseum and XD haven't handled it as good as they could have and our opinions about a proper 3D RPG are clouded.

Metal Force
19th March 2006, 8:04 PM
Well i might get a revolution but i'm not sure

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
19th March 2006, 9:43 PM
Well,Well looks like weve got some hint once I was just thinking what would happen If there would be a(alike Calo.,game)I think It will be in the rev style.

killerjaw01
19th March 2006, 9:50 PM
Well, I think it would be interesting to bring a game out like Pokemon Snap. I thought that that game was interesting, and iu suppose the revolution controller would give it an added feature.

I think that pokemon rpg games, like the game boy series, should be jkept in 2D on handhelds. I just cant really see how it would work as well in 3D.

I agree, a game like Snap would be good, and Nintendo should keep the RPG's for the handhelds. Off topic, a Rev version of Super Smash bros would be good.

ghost master
19th March 2006, 9:50 PM
I fail to see a reason to get excited. Gamecube got Colosseum and XD. We shouldn't expect anything amazing from a Rev version either. Most likely another generic Stadium or Colosseum/XD sequal. Well colloseum and XD were made by genius sonority. This comment was made from the father of pokemon. I dont believe the father of pokemon has ever made a 3D pokemon game.

Bonsly is pimp
20th March 2006, 4:07 AM
I think they have gone to the future, click on the link and see this:
... recently saw its 10th anniversary over in Japan (Red and Green hit the Game Boy on 2/27/2996), and to celebrate, the editors of Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine conducted an interview with...
Or this is a mistake :P.

Dude it doesnt say that at all it says 2/27/1996.
were u tryin to get post or r u just an idiot

~Water Lucario~
20th March 2006, 10:33 AM
There probably will though... So we can connect it with D/P like XD.

PS. I live in Melbourne too :)

Omega Pirate
20th March 2006, 10:38 AM
There better be wild pokemon in this one (if its an RPG). Colosseum and XD really let me down in that department. And don't get me started on pokespots.

If they made it like the gba RPGs, where you pick and a starter and a sex and such it would go throught he roof.

Zoids11
20th March 2006, 3:43 PM
I wonder if the revolution game will be able to connect to Diamond and Peral
Most likely.

This is definitely a tasty little bit of information, and if it came to be it could be very interesting indeed. Wi-Fi MMORPG Pokémon, anyone?
I'm sure it will. P/D is online, why not the console one?

AWESOME news. I've already asked everyone in my town if they take pre-orders for Revolution, and no one does yet. I'm definetly getting a Revolution, the controller pwns too. I hope it's the third installment in the Colosseum/Gale Of Darkness series.
XD isn't a sequel to Colo.

1. XD isn't a sequel to Colo.
2. XD is amazing. A Pokemon game on Revolution will be even better.

You do realize the DS has 3D graphics?