PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Forbidden/Restricted List for September 1, 2007

Aquadon
17th March 2006, 9:52 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! Restriction List
As of September 1, 2007

Banned Cards
0 Temple of the Kings (Jap)
0 The Sixth Sense (Jap)
0 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
0 Butterfly Dagger - Elma
0 Change of Heart
0 Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
0 Chaos Sorcerer
0 Confiscation
0 Cyber Jar
0 Cyber-Stein
0 Dark Hole
0 Delinquent Duo
0 Exchange of the Spirit
0 Fiber Jar
0 Graceful Charity
0 Harpie's Feather Duster
0 Last Turn
0 Last Will
0 Imperial Order
0 Magical Scientist
0 Makyura the Destructor
0 Metamorphosis
0 Mirage of Nightmare
0 Monster Reborn
0 Painful Choice
0 Pot of Greed
0 Raigeki
0 Ring of Destruction
0 Sinister Serpent
0 Snatch Steal
0 The Forceful Sentry
0 Thousand-Eyes Restrict
0 Time Seal
0 Tribe-Infecting Virus
0 Tsukuyomi
0 Victory Dragon
0 Witch of the Black Forest
0 Yata-Garasu

Limited Cards
1 Dandylion (Jap)
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (Jap)
1 Book of Moon
1 Brain Control
1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Card Destruction
1 Card Trooper
1 Ceasefire
1 Chain Strike
1 Crush Card Virus
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Dark Magician of Chaos
1 Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
1 Dimension Fusion
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
1 Exodia the Forbidden One
1 Fissure
1 Future Fusion
1 Giant Trunade
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Gravity Bind
1 Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest
1 Heavy Storm
1 Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1 Left Leg of the Forbidden One
1 Level Limit - Area B
1 Limiter Removal
1 Mage Power
1 Magic Cylinder
1 Magical Stone Excavation
1 Magician of Faith
1 Marshmallon
1 Megamorph
1 Mind Crush
1 Mirror Force
1 Morphing Jar
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Night Assailant
1 Overload Fusion
1 Premature Burial
1 Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1 Right Leg of the Forbidden One
1 Sangan
1 Scapegoat
1 Smashing Ground
1 Snipe Hunter
1 Spirit Reaper
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 The Transmigration Prophecy
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Treeborn Frog
1 Twin-Headed Behemoth
1 Ultimate Offering
1 United We Stand
1 Wall of Revealing Light

Semi-Limited Cards
2 Apprentice Magician
2 Creature Swap
2 Destiny Hero - Malicious
2 Green Gadget
2 Jinzo
2 Mask of Darkness
2 Manticore of Darkness
2 Nobleman of Crossout
2 Pot of Avarice
2 Reckless Greed
2 Red Gadget
2 Reinforcement of the Army
2 Royal Decree
2 Yellow Gadget

Alfonso
17th March 2006, 10:08 PM
I guess Orochi was right, and Mirror Force and Dark Hole have been switched. o_o I guess I owe you an apology then.

But seriously, this works out *perfectly* for me. I just got an Ultra Rare 1st Edition Mirror Force the other night in an awesome trade. My Ultimate Raviel for his Ultra Raviel, Mirror Force, (Slightly bad condition... but only knocks the price down by a few quid.) Secret Rare Imperial Order, Super Rare Hobby League Greenkappa and Secret Rare Thousand Knives. : D Now I don't have to shell out for one.

Cyber Jar being banned kinda hurts my Toon deck... can't flip on opponent's turn and summon Toons to attack directly the next. :/

Magician of Faith back to two is cool though. ^_^ Toon World and Toon Table of Contents ftw~ And Reflect Bounder... interesting.

WaterTrainer243
17th March 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm not surprised on some of these cards. But I'm glad some of them are back to what they originally were. Like Graceful Charity, for instance, now I can put mine back into a deck I may construct (Since I disassembled both my decks).

Pika Hikari KT
17th March 2006, 11:39 PM
Hey, we got an extra card unrestricted--Book of Taiyou! I don't play with others; but I do have three of the games. I knew Pot of Avarice would get on the list when I read what it did(too much help for Exodia and Destiny Board!). And Abyss Soldier is very evil--Legendary Ocean is already popular as it is!

Cyber Jar being banned kinda hurts my Toon deck... can't flip on opponent's turn and summon Toons to attack directly the next. :/
I dunno if you already know this, but the giveaway promo for Enemy of Justice will be Toon DMG!;)

~Sirnight~
17th March 2006, 11:44 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!! Oh God! Great! now I have to switch my deck, and the cards, and the-dAH! (Goes off to scream head off) I can't believe this! This will totally mess up my deck! Ahem, sorry people.

Aquadon
17th March 2006, 11:44 PM
Hey, we got an extra card unrestricted--Book of Taiyou! I don't play with others; but I do have three of the games. I knew Pot of Avarice would get on the list when I read what it did(too much help for Exodia and Destiny Board!). And Abyss Soldier is very evil--Legendary Ocean is already popular as it is!
I don't see what PoA does for Destiny Board. Pot of Avarice was restriced to stop MPT.

Also, I didn't realize Alfonso was so determined for a good original deck. Yay for Alfonso!!

I still feel though that 1 for 1's should've been axed here. Hopefully, UDE will do this next time around.

~Sirnight~
17th March 2006, 11:48 PM
"Sigh". (Puts self back together) Great, Cyber Jar and Dark Hole are banned... two of my best field getter-rid-ofs. At least I have Lightning Vortex and Torrential. Maybe I can buy or trade for a Mirror Force. But, hey, it's for April 1st, right? That means I can use it for my tournement tommarrow, right? (Gets a little frantic)

~RaikouRider243~
17th March 2006, 11:52 PM
The only problem I have with this list is it does not address the issue of Cyber Dragon. It should have been restricted. Otherwise this list is perfect.

Jupetta
18th March 2006, 12:02 AM
This new list makes me all emo... but at least I can now have Graceful 2 Noblemans and 2 MoF.
~;354;

Alfonso
18th March 2006, 12:37 AM
Problem is...

Since the effect of Graceful Charity isn't a cost, you can discard Dark World monsters for their effect and summon them to the field without any sort of cost whatsoever... and you get another card too. Seems a little too broken to me, and will probably cause Dark World to gain huge popularity in the Meta. And Graceful to go back to being banned on the October 1st Ban List.

Might have been better to bring back Pot of Greed. Sure, you get two cards for nothing, but that's better than a card that in many decks will discard to your advantage. (Chaos is still around somewhat and as previously mentioned, Dark World.)

And yeah, I know about TDMG. XD It's going straight in my deck... being the only Toon that can attack the turn it's summoned.

Hmmm... I get a feeling a lot of people are going to be kicking themselves for trading in their Mirror Forces. Especially at the price that they're going for.

Haruka's Swimsuit
18th March 2006, 12:52 AM
Well **** me...

That's lovely, all of my decks use Cyber Pod.
And what's the deal with the Frog, did they just want to screw over that new Fusion Frog or do they honestly think the dead frog's effect is that devestating?

~Sirnight~
18th March 2006, 2:54 AM
I didn't see Nobleman- that could be handy. I'll have to get my hands on a Mirror and Graceful soon though. (Possibly from someone who doesn't know it's coming back :))

The Requiem
18th March 2006, 4:29 AM
Well we got a list that almost mirrors the OCG list.

Fine and dandy but it does NOTHING really. Not much.

Oh and about DW, its really not that much better. For every monster you drop you reduce your hand size, and increase your chance for getting Mirror Force'd.

Alfonso, no apology is necessary, you didnt do anything wrong other than state your opinion, I was just right.

<<...which happens a lot.

I only wanted Snatch to go really bad.

Pika Hikari KT
18th March 2006, 5:32 AM
Whoops...totally misread PoC's effect. What I was thinking would make it broken!@_@ Then again, there are still a lot of decks that slighly benefit from this card. But it's best to save it for the late game, as it requires at LEAST 5 Monsters in the Grave.;)

gaurdianterial
18th March 2006, 6:48 AM
Well **** me...

And what's the deal with the Frog, did they just want to screw over that new Fusion Frog or do they honestly think the dead frog's effect is that devestating?

That's what i was just thinkin! Besides its effect even sais it cant be activated if another Treeborn frog is on the field. So thats kind of useless in the card text, if its going to be limited. ;212;

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
18th March 2006, 2:12 PM
Well, I guess Cyber Dragon wasn't banned afdter all...I was right at first...I thought Mobius would be limited to 1 or 2...

Aquadon
18th March 2006, 5:57 PM
Well **** me...

Oof, that sucks.

Oh, before you get all mad at UDE, it's not their fault. Konami INSISTED on having a global Ban List for Worlds, and UDE just had to put up with it.

So don't go yelling at Dan or Kevin.

gaurdianterial
18th March 2006, 7:59 PM
Well, I guess Cyber Dragon wasn't banned afdter all...I was right at first...I thought Mobius would be limited to 1 or 2...

why would u think cyber dragon would be banned. i'm just curius thats all. ;212;

Aquadon
18th March 2006, 8:09 PM
why would u think cyber dragon would be banned. i'm just curius thats all. ;212;
Ummm... maybe that it's one of the g0dliest topdecks in the game =\

onix lord
18th March 2006, 8:10 PM
Easy, its too broken. But its most likely not going to be banned because of all the cards that are based around it. Its just a speculation that alot of people seem to have

~RaikouRider243~
18th March 2006, 8:47 PM
Easy, its too broken. But its most likely not going to be banned because of all the cards that are based around it. Its just a speculation that alot of people seem to have

Because of what's based around it? Bull****. Play Proto Cyber if you're gonna use a Cyber Dragon deck. Cyber Dragon is one of the most broken non-restricted cards around, and needs to be restricted.

This list solved none of the problems in the metagame.

Aquadon
18th March 2006, 9:48 PM
Because of what's based around it? Bull****. Play Proto Cyber if you're gonna use a Cyber Dragon deck. Cyber Dragon is one of the most broken non-restricted cards around, and needs to be restricted.

It solved a few. After all, 2 NoC's stop FFC from dominating. Also, with more people running Dark World, Donny Z and Spirit Reaper might see less play.

However, the 1:1's are still around. WE're just going to have to deal with them for a while.

frostweaver
18th March 2006, 11:42 PM
This list isn't that helpful... the only thing it possibly solved is Dark Hole and DDA.

Cyber Dragon miraculously lived so zombies can stay in the dumps for another half a year before any hopes of being played... Reaper is still at 3 (darn it, down to 2 at least, please), and Reinforcement of the Army the uber search card is not being attacked yet? Oh gosh...

Nobleman of Crossout kills FFC, but it also killed spellcasters (who already got a major hit as the apprentice toolbox got attacked). Guess spellcasters must be sacrificed in order to ensure that FFC stays under control...?

Haruka's Swimsuit
18th March 2006, 11:51 PM

6 "Cyber Dragon"s per deck. If they weren't overpriced like mad, I'd be worried.

When has the banlist ever solved a problem without creating more?

ShadowKitsune
19th March 2006, 2:04 PM
1 thing I'm curious about. Why the heck did UDE ban Ring of Destruction? It's hardly used anymore thanks to it damaging both of you. I am glad Mirror is back though. Pot should have been brought back; but I guess having Graceful back is good enough...

The Requiem
19th March 2006, 2:13 PM
Zombies are friggin playable...main 2 Bottomless and a Ryu Kokki and tell Cyber Dragon to go screw itself..

What I dont understand is how you guys think its so broken.. Its JUST a 2100 drop. Sure its a special summon, but its summoning from hand, which is ghey in its own right, Its basically vanilla when it hits the field, and all this proto/barrier/laser crap is that.

Crap.

Only thing proto is good for is an easy cyber twin.

~RaikouRider243~
19th March 2006, 4:30 PM
1 thing I'm curious about. Why the heck did UDE ban Ring of Destruction?

Ring is a game-ending card. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed people over and been screwed over by that card. Not to mention Ring-Barrel is sort of a OTK in the sense that you're killing a huge creature and taking double its ATK off your opponent's Life Points. Quite a crippling blow if you ask me.

Shadow the Hedgehog
19th March 2006, 11:44 PM
YAY second MoF. And Graceful Charity. I did not see cyber jar going though. Also second Nobleman of Crossout.

Pika Hikari KT
20th March 2006, 1:30 AM
I did not see cyber jar going though.
I did--one of my most hated Monsters, and it wasn't banned before now?! ...Well, probably once or twice it was restricted. But this thing is so damn broken~!>_<;

Jupetta
20th March 2006, 2:38 AM
I did--one of my most hated Monsters, and it wasn't banned before now?! ...Well, probably once or twice it was restricted. But this thing is so damn broken~!>_<;

I hated that Cyber Jar was banned... it severely weakened my Gravekeeper Deck's swarmage.
~;354;

Monkey D. Luffy
20th March 2006, 2:53 AM
Wow I'm glad Magician of Faith is now limited to 2 and Mirror Force can finally be put in game!!! Too bad I traded mine!! Darn!!

TenteiKarite
20th March 2006, 2:59 AM
Ummm... maybe that it's one of the g0dliest topdecks in the game =\
Swift Gaia, Theban Nightmare, Cybernetic Cyclopean, Lei Lei, GAEF, GAF and Giant Orc=Better Topdecks than Cyber Dragon.
THAT's why it's not Banned.

-T/K ;034;

The Requiem
20th March 2006, 8:51 PM
Its not banned because its not that good, simple as that.

Its the most overrated card I have ever seen, ever.

Super Aipom
20th March 2006, 11:29 PM
What's with Magician of Faith being Semi but Mask of Darkness being Limited? I'm so dead now with Mirror Force back, but I got my Wildheart and Vampire Lords. Time Seal was dumb, only Forbidden because of Treeborn Frog and Mask of Darkness. The Treeborn Frog deck is dead now. Cyber Jar wasn't even that good.
Next time please limit Cyber Dragon.

This list kinda helped my Zombie deck, sooo I'm HAPPY!!!

Aquadon
20th March 2006, 11:36 PM
What's with Magician of Faith being Semi but Mask of Darkness being Limited? I'm so dead now with Mirror Force back, but I got my Wildheart and Vampire Lords. Time Seal was dumb, only Forbidden because of Treeborn Frog and Mask of Darkness. The Treeborn Frog deck is dead now. Cyber Jar wasn't even that good.
Next time please limit Cyber Dragon.

This list kinda helped my Zombie deck, sooo I'm HAPPY!!!
You do realize that this list was supposed to help JAPAN's meta?

Seeing how Japan got a crack at the global Banlist first, they used it to help their meta. It was plagued with Victory Dragon/Time Seal lock combo to win. Seeing how that was the case, they had to do something. If you check Japan's list, Victory Dragon will be on their as well.

That's the reason why we got screwed over.

TTar-X
21st March 2006, 4:55 AM
This list does not do much to the meta except speed the game up a little and power down FFC decks significantly.
Overall I like the list except for Graceful and Faith.<--- that is just nuts IMO
Mirror Force for Dark Hole was no surprise, and I for one am glad to see Cyber Jar get benched. I can understand why Time Seal got banned; I saw a guy use a Time Seal-Mask of Darkness-Tuskuyomi comboi that makes the card broken in the Shonen Jump Championships this past weekend.
Pot of Avarice and Treeborn Frog was no shock either.
I don't think DDA should have been restricted; it didn't abuse the meta as much as you people think. Then again, Refelct Bounder WAS at one and it isn't as good as DDA. :-/
I for one am glad that Cyber Dragon didn't get touched, I don't really see a need to.

FireKero!
21st March 2006, 5:16 AM
Worst list in awhile, yub yub.

Sakeratsu Armour replaced Mirror Force, and now they're sitting together side-by-side. Shameful.

But I just talked to Mr.Tewart about the new list and some EOJ stuff. Nice guy. Now that this is a Global list, the WC is going to be a lot more balanced now.

~KERO~

The Requiem
21st March 2006, 9:05 PM
Sakeratsu Armour replaced Mirror Force, and now they're sitting together side-by-side. Shameful.

They've only been sitting side by side every other time Mirror Force wasnt banned...what makes this time different?

hi 5
21st March 2006, 9:37 PM
I don't see what PoA does for Destiny Board. Pot of Avarice was restriced to stop MPT.

Also, I didn't realize Alfonso was so determined for a good original deck. Yay for Alfonso!!

I still feel though that 1 for 1's should've been axed here. Hopefully, UDE will do this next time around.

What is MPT and UDE?

Haruka's Swimsuit
21st March 2006, 10:42 PM
What is MPT and UDE?

UDE is Upperdeck, the gaming company responsible for distributing the Yugioh: Duel Monsters TCG in the States (and possibly Canada, not sure). They also play a role in helping KONAMI decide on changes made to the TCG banlist.

Miho
22nd March 2006, 11:21 PM
Hmmm... I get a feeling a lot of people are going to be kicking themselves for trading in their Mirror Forces. Especially at the price that they're going for.
Heehee. Suckers. Glad I didn't become one of them. Now I laugh at them for trading their MFs.

Dark Hole being banned is great for me - my opponents always pull that sonuva out while their field is empty of monsters and then kick my butt after that. I was hoping it'd get the boot.

When has the banlist ever solved a problem without creating more?
Never.

Why the heck did UDE ban Ring of Destruction? It's hardly used anymore thanks to it damaging both of you.
Three words: Ring of Defense. Which angers me. Another broken card combo. I'm sick of it. Now I'm happy that no one else will have the happy pleasure of seeing me ticked because of me losing to them based on that one damn combo.

Haruka's Swimsuit
23rd March 2006, 12:11 AM
Three words: Ring of Defense. Which angers me. Another broken card combo. I'm sick of it. Now I'm happy that no one else will have the happy pleasure of seeing me ticked because of me losing to them based on that one damn combo.

That is a tad annoying. Ring of Defence finally comes out as a real card and we can't play it with the one card that made it famous...

Love Hina Fan
23rd March 2006, 4:38 AM
UDE didn't ban Ring of Destruction, Konami did. And are you sure we are playing the same game cuz last I checked Ring was one of the most abused traps ever. It's a chainable 1-1 that does damage, it deserved to be banned. IMO it's the best trap available aside from Sixth Sense.

I wouldn't mind to see it unbanned though...

FireKero!
23rd March 2006, 11:43 PM
They've only been sitting side by side every other time Mirror Force wasnt banned...what makes this time different?

The difference is the same as Ring Of Destruction and Ring Of Defense. A broken set of cards that only made our metagame worse.

Haruka's Swimsuit
23rd March 2006, 11:52 PM
Heehee. Suckers. Glad I didn't become one of them. Now I laugh at them for trading their MFs.

I also laugh. If there's one thing I love, it's buying "worthless" cards that have been banned and then chuckling at people when they're unbanned. I already have my Mirror Force sitting in my E-Hero deck, just waiting for the 1st.

TTar-X
24th March 2006, 5:33 AM
That is a tad annoying. Ring of Defence finally comes out as a real card and we can't play it with the one card that made it famous...
Not necessarily the case.
I believe that Ring of Defense can stop Cylinder,m and can be a decent teched sideboard card for burn related traps such as Secret Barrel and Ceasefire. :-/
^Correct me if I'm wrong

The Requiem
24th March 2006, 8:35 PM
You're only wrong about it being decent.

~Sirnight~
24th March 2006, 10:52 PM
^ All true. But there will probably end up being some new combo's with Enemy of Justice or something. Though when it caomes to damage/traps, my combo is Eye of Truth/Bad Reaction to Simochi. Meh, not that good any way. You know, after seeing the show, I only thought Ring, Deffense works on Ring of Desrtuction.

Aquadon
25th March 2006, 12:14 AM
What is MPT and UDE?
Haruka's Swimsuit got UDE, I'm answering for MPT.

MPT is short for Merchant-Pot Turbo. Basically, you use Magical Merchant to shrink your deck, and use Pot of Avarice to bring back some of the crucial cards, like Chaos Sorcerer.

It was a major decktype in Japan.

26th March 2006, 5:17 AM
Black Luster soildier envoy and cyber jar....the two cards my friend always uses to beat me....omg! They are finally banned!! My friend's cards are useless!! I am surprised that raviel, Uria and Hamon aren't on there.

Raito
26th March 2006, 5:53 AM
BLS has been on there and the three Sacred Beasts suck hard.

Judai Yuki
26th March 2006, 6:04 AM
Why would they be up there they all require at least 3 cards ro come out except Raviel.If you surgery a Blockman thats all you need.

Haruka's Swimsuit
26th March 2006, 6:09 AM
I am surprised that raviel, Uria and Hamon aren't on there.

Why would they ban brand new, incredibly overhyped cards?
Sure, they did something similar with Makyura- but technically, that card was only new in English, it had been around for quite some time in the OCG.

26th March 2006, 3:48 PM
Give it a while. Raviel requires 3 cards! I have him. He neeeds to suck oput the souls of fiends.

Aquadon
27th March 2006, 12:23 AM
Trust me, the Sacred Beasts won't be on here for Millenia to come. As a matter of fact, I highly doubt any Nomi will become Restricted anytime soon, much less a Nomi that requires 3 cards on the field.

Atoyont
1st April 2006, 11:15 AM
Change of Heart
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Pot Of Greed
Witch Of The Black Forest
Why are these banned? If Witch of the Black Forest is banned, then why not Sangan?

Why do they make cards if we can't use them?

Torkoal Stu
1st April 2006, 11:20 AM
Why do they make cards if we can't use them?
These cards are only banned in advance list format, since thats what tournaments use, so if you go to a tournament you have to use the banned/restricted list. But I use Traditional so I can used banned cards :P Also to make the game harder.

Judai Yuki
1st April 2006, 1:22 PM
Change of Heart-Takes a monster with no cost
Cyber Jar-Blows up the field
Dark Hole-Basically Above
Monster Reborn-Revive ANY Monster no cost
Pot Of Greed-Idk why this was banned
Witch Of The Black Forest-Many good monsters have around 1000 def points this allows you to get 80% of the played cards in this meta.

Raito
1st April 2006, 9:23 PM
Actually, There are Tourneys that use Trad. But most use Adv.

Judai Yuki
1st April 2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah Adv is to ban cards that are too powerful with no Drawback.Also it kinda sees how you can duel without using about 30 cards.But Personally i think they should only ban cards equal to how many sets are out.

Love Hina Fan
3rd April 2006, 3:17 AM
Pot was banned because it was an instant +1 with no draw back what so ever. I hate it being banned though.

Haruka's Swimsuit
3rd April 2006, 3:30 AM
Yeah Adv is to ban cards that are too powerful with no Drawback.

It's not really a matter of the card's effect, the ban/restrict list is a reflection of what's popular. Everytime someone comes up with a way to use cards in a way that KONAMI hadn't thought of and that way becomes public knowledge, the cards involved get banned or restricted to one (see Goat-Meta-Thousand Eyes).

HarleyScarow
21st April 2006, 7:02 AM
I hope that some of the forbidden cards get off that list soon . . . I got a few cards from my friends the other day that I'm waiting to use so that I can bust the guy next door's behind. I wish that Pot Of Greed wasn't banned though, because it was meant to be used as one of those cards that anybody playing the game would add to their deck. I say that the banned cards should only be the god cards, and at most, have restrictions to what you can have like two or one card only in your deck.

Judai Yuki
23rd April 2006, 6:57 AM
Yeah but people abuse too many cards and they are too powerful.but they should'nt ban the gos cards as their effect's are "This Card May Not Be Used In a Duel".It's effect bans itself =p

cameronius
7th May 2006, 12:47 AM
It's not really a matter of the card's effect, the ban/restrict list is a reflection of what's popular. Everytime someone comes up with a way to use cards in a way that KONAMI hadn't thought of and that way becomes public knowledge, the cards involved get banned or restricted to one (see Goat-Meta-Thousand Eyes).

Yeah, you've got a point there. Watch someone finds a cool combo to bring out any of the new Sacred Beasts (Uria, Hamon, and Raviel), and everyone who has those cards uses it, watch the cards be on the list.

BTW, they really do need to take Pot of Greed off. I'm getting sick of Graceful Charity. I need a different (legal) card that allows you to draw to look at.

Raito
7th May 2006, 10:55 PM
Reckless Greed
Jar of Greed
Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locmotive
Dark Mimic LV1
Dark Mimic LV3
Good Goblin Housekeeping

Need I go further?

Haruka's Swimsuit
8th May 2006, 12:07 AM
Reckless Greed
Hare-brained drawback for just two cards.

Jar of Greed
Takes too long for only one card.

Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locmotive
Skelengel's situational (as hell) big brother.

Dark Mimic LV1
Dark Mimic LV3
Too slow, too easy to counter, not enough cards.

Good Goblin Housekeeping
KONAMI ruined this card by limiting to 2. Effect is directly tied to how many you have.

Need I go further?
Yes. Keep going until you find a good one.

Clamps
11th May 2006, 4:22 AM
it makes no sense to down dark mimicLv1 and 3 but not skelengel. they are just about the same thing

FireKero!
11th May 2006, 5:37 AM
Dark Mimic LV3 is better then Dekoichi AND Skelengal depending on the situation.

So, what have I missed, huh? Skelengal can't be morphed, but mimic can. Dekoichi is main-stream, mimic isn't.

Are u people missing something here? Like, c'mon. It's obvious.

Torkoal Stu
11th May 2006, 5:00 PM
Yes. Keep going until you find a good one.
Sixith Sense :P

*SHOT*

But Pot of Greed banning made loads of those Jar cards pointless unless you play Trad.

Raito
18th May 2006, 12:36 AM
Jar of Greed is at worst a 1 for 1. Chain it to MST or Heavy and the opponent is JustSOL since you pulled of a 2 for 1 or 1 for none, depending on how you want to put it.

necrosham
23rd May 2006, 4:22 PM
I want to thank Aquadon for the help he gave me on another thread but in response to the gentleman who asked about Treeborn Frog, yes, his effect is that devastating. I played a kid who used it recently and if I'd been able to remove it I'd have won, but with it I just got thrashed. It let him summon tons of tributes and role right over me.

2bcelebi320
30th June 2006, 1:43 AM
This sucks!

I had to alter my deck because I had a Monster Reborn and a Harpie's Feather Duster in my deck. I also had to take out my Witch of the Black Forest, so now I can't get to Exodia as quickly, unless my deck is shuffled so good as to where I'll get him in the first few turns.

Thank you, Konami, for ruining my deck.

Love Hina Fan
30th June 2006, 3:46 AM
This sucks!

I had to alter my deck because I had a Monster Reborn and a Harpie's Feather Duster in my deck. I also had to take out my Witch of the Black Forest, so now I can't get to Exodia as quickly, unless my deck is shuffled so good as to where I'll get him in the first few turns.

Thank you, Konami, for ruining my deck.
...Where have you been for the last 3 years? All those cards you mentioned were banned in the first banned list. What banned list numbe are we on now? Like 6?

Judai Yuki
30th June 2006, 3:50 AM
Lol he probably just found out they have a ban list.

Mikau
30th June 2006, 4:59 AM
^ I have to agree with that. That was pretty funny reading. But if he/she doesn't play by the advance format I'm sure that he/she will be fine.

Judai Yuki
30th June 2006, 6:12 AM
People on Pojo keep arguing that they want Cyber Draco,Chaos Sorceror,and Return From The DD Limited/Banned.They're in for a surprise.

Love Hina Fan
30th June 2006, 11:48 PM
^People on Pojo will ***** about anything. Did you see that big *** thread about CD being reprinted? I think it was locked in 2 days or something, fastest I've ever seen a thread been locked.

Judai Yuki
1st July 2006, 12:06 AM
xD that thing was crazy,I don't know why they'd be mad about something good.

Aquadon
3rd July 2006, 8:28 PM
^People on Pojo will ***** about anything. Did you see that big *** thread about CD being reprinted? I think it was locked in 2 days or something, fastest I've ever seen a thread been locked.
Not entirely true. But we do love arguements :D Also, that Cyber Dragon thread was the fastest growing thread to get locked, IMO.

I would like to see Sorcerer and RftDD hit the Ban List, but it probably won't happen.

Also, congrats on everyone who survived half way through this Ban List. Ready to prepare for the next one?

Mew Master
12th July 2006, 10:26 PM
Note that you can still use them just not in a tornament

Judai Yuki
12th July 2006, 10:28 PM
Not many people are going to let you though.

-Judai

FireKero!
12th July 2006, 11:26 PM
Not entirely true. But we do love arguements :D Also, that Cyber Dragon thread was the fastest growing thread to get locked, IMO.

I would like to see Sorcerer and RftDD hit the Ban List, but it probably won't happen.

Also, congrats on everyone who survived half way through this Ban List. Ready to prepare for the next one?

Akatsuki thread 1 and 2 and Vets Tourney:The Drama were the fastest, if my memory serves right.

Sorcerer is gonna get banned, RFTDD should be restricted to one, and Dragon isn't a very big problem.

Really, some people just look at a card's effect and give up right then and there. :rolleyes:

Judai Yuki
12th July 2006, 11:54 PM
Lolz Sorceror will not get banned nor limited for that matter.Same goes for rftdd,we get Japan's list and they aren't having a problem with those over there.

-Judai

FireKero!
16th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Lolz Sorceror will not get banned nor limited for that matter.Same goes for rftdd,we get Japan's list and they aren't having a problem with those over there.

-Judai

We don't "get" their list as you've mentioned. YGO is now considered a Global, don't forget. UDE has extremely little say in what goes on the list, but ever since getting that title, if Sorcerer is a problem here, they'll make the proper ajustments.

Which get's me thinking. If Chaos Sorcerer goes to 2, and Cyber Dragon get restricted, then the metagame wil just be over-run with Stein-japanese-wannabe decks.

This game is so friggin' awesome.

~RaikouRider243~
16th July 2006, 4:54 PM
Which get's me thinking. If Chaos Sorcerer goes to 2, and Cyber Dragon get restricted, then the metagame wil just be over-run with Stein-japanese-wannabe decks.

Then put sorcerer to 1, return to 2, cyber dragon to 1, and stein to 1. Solves all the problems in the meta here. Stein shoulda been restricted when it came out.

Torkoal Stu
16th July 2006, 5:00 PM
Lol restricting Cyber Dragon might give Twin Dragon some play, and i'm all for that.

Raito
16th July 2006, 8:49 PM
Sorcerer is going to two. RFTDD restricted. Dragon is going to be in a tin so, probably restricted. I ****ing want to see Stein banned.

Judai Yuki
16th July 2006, 9:05 PM
Too bad Sorceror,Return,and Cyber will never never go no the list.They don't deserve to.

-Judai

Raito
16th July 2006, 10:02 PM
Sadly they won't because of KoJ, also.

Judai Yuki
17th July 2006, 5:10 AM
Hmm run Skill Drain,Decree,and Royal Oppresion and those cards are nothing.

-Judai

Captin-Anarchy
22nd July 2006, 3:15 PM
it sucks the cyber jar and dark hole are banned... *sniffle* my deck is ruined

oh well it's time to rebuild
it's great that mirror force is back
with graceful back i have a drawing card and reflect bounder is no longer limited meaning i could have 3 in my deck. i'm surprised royal decree isn't even limited. thats great though cause now it's like i have 3 jinzos

well the new ban list is kinda sad but it makes the game more fun now

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
12th August 2006, 4:41 PM
Too bad Sorceror,Return,and Cyber will never never go no the list.They don't deserve to.

-Judai

*points to most decks out there*

Chaos Sorceror- Limited/ Semi-Limited
there are loads of these going around in circulation atm, it is easily summoned, just remove a light and a dark monster from your graveyard. Solid stats, can remove 1 face up monster per turn, only costing it it's right to attack that turn. If decks are based around this card, it's deadly. This will have to be on October's list, I have seen tournament winner's and runner up's decks, and most of them, have Chaos Sorceror.

Exarian Universe - Semi-Limited
Quite a few going around atm, LV4, 1800/1900, solid stats, and a possible pierce effect to boot, even if it does cost it 400 ATK points, it's deadly, especially when used againts things like Spirit Reapers.

Cyber Dragon- Limited/ Semi-Limited
Used ALOT, it's 2100 ATK. If you don't have a monster and your opponent does, you can special summon it. If this was a normal summon, I wouldn't have that much of a problem, but seeing as it's a special summon, you can easily throw down another strong monster in the same turn!

Zaborg the Thunder Monarch - Limited
It destroys a monster as soon as it is summoned, and it's used ALOT.

Cyber Stein - Limited
The only thing stopping this thing from being banned is the 5000 Life points penatly, which is over half of your origonal life points, you are probably not going to use this effect that many times, unless you have a deck full of life gain cards.

Royal Decree- Semi-limited / Limited
come on, it's like a common Jinzo! It is easily obtainable, and stops all traps except for itself!

Return From The Different Dimmension- not on the list
I have seen many deck lists, and I haven't seen one with RFTDD in it. Plus, it costs you half of your life points, and you can only get a maximum of 5 monsters that go at the end of the turn! The only place this is deadly, is my V-Z deck, with Macro Cosmos and 2 Soul Absorptions.

Flakey J
12th August 2006, 5:13 PM
I'm amazed Morphing Jar #2 isn't even on the list yet. It pretty much ****s up everyone's deck.

Shuam
7th October 2006, 5:06 PM
Confirmation. (http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh/en/forb_advanced_new.aspx)

So...

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Change of Heart
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of The End
Cyber Jar
Dark Hole
Delinquent Duo
Exchange of The Spirit
Fiber Jar
Harpie's Feather Duster
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Magical Scientist
Makyura The Destructor
Mirage Of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
Painful Choice
Pot Of Greed
Raigeki
Ring Of Destruction
Sinister Serpent
The Forceful Sentry
Time Seal
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Witch Of The Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

NEW! - Cyber Jar, Dark Hole, Exchange of the Spirit, Last Turn, Time Seal

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Book of Moon
Breaker The Magical Warrior
Call Of The Haunted
Card Destruction
Ceasefire
Confiscation
D. D. Assailant
D. D. Warrior Lady
Dark Magician Of Chaos
Drop Off
Exiled Force
Exodia The Forbidden One
Graceful Charity
Heavy Storm
Injection Fairy Lily
Jinzo
Last Will
Left Arm Of The Forbidden One
Left Leg Of The Forbidden One
Level Limit - Area B
Lightning Vortex
Limiter Removal
Mage Power
Magic Cylinder
Mask Of Darkness
Metamorphosis
Mirror Force
Morphing Jar
Mystical Space Typhoon
Night Assailant
Pot Of Avarice
Premature Burial
Protector Of The Sanctuary
Reckless Greed
Right Arm Of The Forbidden One
Right Leg Of The Forbidden One
Sacred Phoenix Of Nephthys
Sangan
Scapegoat
Snatch Steal
Swords Of Revealing Light
Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Torrential Tribute
Treeborn Frog
Tsukuyomi
Twin-Headed Behemoth
United We Stand

NEW! - D. D. Assailant, Drop Off, Graceful Charity, Last Will, Level Limit - Area B, Mask of Darkness, Mirror Force, Pot of Avarice, Treeborn Frog

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

Apprentice Magician
Creature Swap
Deck Devastation Virus
Emergency Provisions
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Gravity Bind
Magician Of Faith
Manticore Of Darkness
Nobleman Of Crossout
Reflect Bounder
Reinforcement Of The Army
Upstart Goblin

NEW! - Apprentice Magician, Deck Devastation Virus, Magician of Faith, Nobleman of Crossout, Reflect Bounder
NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Abyss Soldier, Book of Taiyou

Doesn't do much, IMO. And if you notice, it's the same as Japan's list. Makes sense.

You Know what sucks-the day that went into play i got a LOD-000 Yata Garasu:(

D-D Dog
15th October 2006, 5:34 AM
hello..., do you guys know when the banned and restricted card list changes

~RaikouRider243~
2nd November 2006, 3:09 PM
The list changed like two months ago...why is this still stickied?

The Requiem
4th November 2006, 5:13 PM
I lol'd at all the "sorceror will never get banned"

I expected the new list thread to take this one out of the way but I guess not.

Treecko Pochama Master
8th November 2006, 12:24 AM
sorry for spam but I thought all you Yugioh guys would want some cards so Pm if you want any I have Hero fusions Cyber dragons ancient gear golem whatever

Yami Ron
13th November 2006, 9:12 PM
I've edited the first post in this thread with the updated Restrict List from September 1st.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
13th November 2006, 9:19 PM
I've edited the first post in this thread with the updated Restrict List from September 1st.

I didnt c Victory Dragon... its offically at 1

Freya
27th December 2006, 4:22 AM
wow after perfecting my deck to be tournament legal i stumbled across this list...seeing as i was using an old ban list on accident oh well time to brutally kill my D-Hero deck...atleast i can put mirror force back in

Yami Ron
5th March 2007, 1:39 PM
I've updated the list for March 1st. I've also added the Japanese Card restrictions as well as a reference.

Freya
9th March 2007, 1:54 AM
O__o this list makes me feel meloncholy(Wait when did we get a mod again????)

Light Venusaur
9th March 2007, 2:19 AM
The posted list isn't the correct one!
This is it (I got it from UDE it's self)
The Advanced Format will be used at premier events, and the World Championship.
ADVANCED FORMAT LIST EFFECTIVE MARCH 1st

I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING
BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR
BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA
CHANGE OF HEART
CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END
CHAOS SORCERER
CYBER JAR
CYBER-STEIN
DARK HOLE
DELINQUENT DUO
EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT
FIBER JAR
GRACEFUL CHARITY
HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER
IMPERIAL ORDER
LAST TURN
LAST WILL
MAGICAL SCIENTIST
MAGICIAN OF FAITH
MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR
MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE
MONSTER REBORN
PAINFUL CHOICE
POT OF GREED
RAIGEKI
SINISTER SERPENT
THE FORCEFUL SENTRY
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
TIME SEAL
TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS
TSUKUYOMI
VICTORY DRAGON
WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST
YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Breaker the Magical Warrior, Graceful Charity, Last Will, Magician of Faith, Victory Dragon

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

BOOK OF MOON
CALL OF THE HAUNTED
CARD DESTRUCTION
CEASEFIRE
CHAIN STRIKE
CONFISCATION
CRUSH CARD VIRUS
D. D. WARRIOR LADY
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
DIMENSION FUSION
ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS
EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE
FUTURE FUSION
GIANT TRUNADE
GRAVITY BIND
HEAVY STORM
JINZO
LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B
LIMITER REMOVAL
MAGE POWER
MAGIC CYLINDER
MIND CRUSH
MIRROR FORCE
MORPHING JAR
MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON
NEO-SPACIAN GRAND MOLE
NIGHT ASSAILANT
NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT
OVERLOAD FUSION
POT OF AVARICE
PREMATURE BURIAL
PROTECTOR OF THE SANCTUARY
RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RING OF DESTRUCTION
SANGAN
SCAPEGOAT
SNATCH STEAL
SPIRIT REAPER
SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE
TREEBORN FROG
TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH
ULTIMATE OFFERING
UNITED WE STAND

NEW! - Chain Strike, Crush Card Virus, Dimension Fuison, Elemental Hero Stratos, Giant Trunade, Mind Crush, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, Overload Fusion, Snatch Steal

III. Semi-Limited Cards

You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

APPRENTICE MAGICIAN
CREATURE SWAP
D. D. ASSAILANT
DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS
GOOD GOBLIN HOUSEKEEPING
MANTICORE OF DARKNESS
MASK OF DARKNESS
METAMORPHOSIS
RECKLESS GREED
REINFORCEMENT OF THE ARMY
WALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - D.D. Assailant, Mask of Darkness, Metamorphosis

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Exiled Force, Injection Fairy Lily, Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys, Upstart Goblin

Aquadon
9th March 2007, 7:59 PM
O__o this list makes me feel meloncholy(Wait when did we get a mod again????)

Ron's been here since before I have.

I feel odd having my Post from last Year being the Sticky, but that's fine. I'm not complaining.

Yami Ron
21st March 2007, 2:29 PM
Thank you for double checking the list, Light Venusaur. It is greatly appreciated. I had Giant Trunade and Mask of Darkness flip-flopped. The first post is corrected now.

Freya
21st March 2007, 3:27 PM
Oh my, Breaker aned Charity still banned, limited Straos, WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO!

yami_of_light
26th May 2007, 5:40 AM
Noooo magician of faiths banned now!?

deosys
17th June 2007, 10:29 AM
Nooooo! Breaker the Magical Warrior and Magician of Faith are BANNED!

The Shadow Trainer
5th August 2007, 5:46 PM
I heard that Snatch Steal is also banned. Is that true?

I play Yu-Gi-Oh, but there aren't selling boosters here anymore. :(
I hope that they buy them soon!

~RaikouRider243~
5th August 2007, 7:08 PM
Actually, Snatch was UNbanned. Restricted to 1 now.

The Shadow Trainer
5th August 2007, 7:11 PM
Actually, Snatch was UNbanned. Restricted to 1 now.

OK, thanks.

Yami Ron
17th August 2007, 8:16 PM
Japanese Restrict List Updates for September 1st

New Banned Cards

Confiscation
Metamorphosis
Snatch Steal
Ring of Destruction

New Restricted Cards

Breaker the Magical Warrior
Card Trooper
Destiny Hero Disk Commander
Magician of Faith
Snipe Hunter
Brain Control
Fissure
Megamorph
Smashing Ground
The Transmigration Prophecy
Trap Dustshoot
Wall of Revealing Light

New Semi-Restricted Cards

Destiny Hero Malicious
Jinzo
Green Gadget
Red Gadget
Yello Gadget
Nobleman of Crossout
Pot of Avarice
Royal Decree

New Unrestricted Cards

D.D. Assailant
Protector of the Sanctuary
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Deck Devastation Virus

~RaikouRider243~
18th August 2007, 3:30 PM
New Restricted Cards
Magician of Faith

New Semi-Restricted Cards

Jinzo
Nobleman of Crossout
Pot of Avarice

Way to go konami, you just killed the game. You made monarch control even stronger. FOTB and TAEV made me want to get back into the game, but now it's just...dead. Jinzo at 2, why.

Psychic William
16th September 2007, 11:18 PM
what really is anoying about this in adv play is that there is a fusion that ends up banned because of Wotbf being banned

Sanwich is pretty solid for a rookie player

Commander Blitzkrieg
31st October 2007, 4:07 AM
Damn. 11 of the cards on the banned list are key parts of my deck (especially Cyber-Stien). Ah, who gives a rat's rectum, I'm usin' them anyway.

Aquadon
15th November 2007, 10:07 PM
Way to go konami, you just killed the game. You made monarch control even stronger. FOTB and TAEV made me want to get back into the game, but now it's just...dead. Jinzo at 2, why.

Not really. I don't see that many people using Jinzo in their decks, and if they do, they're only using 1. Jinzo at 2 makes no difference to me.

However, 2 months in and we all know what the CC decks are here. RaiDa (L&DD), Gadgets, and a Monarch here or there. And Zombies (crazy Il Blud!)

However, I don't think I'd change much. This is a good format.