PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Maniac

Xiang
19th March 2006, 1:07 AM
I didn't see a thread for this anywhere, and have only read the first volume, but I like it already! Discuss!

Darkchaos
25th March 2006, 3:57 AM
Ultra Maniac is ok...I like Nina how she's always trying to help but messes up =)

whiteabsol
25th March 2006, 4:24 AM
I like Ultra Maniac. It actually made me laugh, unlike other manga ^_^

Sachiko
28th March 2006, 10:17 PM
I love Ultra Maniac!!! I'm gonna buy some DVDs. Yeah, it made me laugh too. I have more volumes, and as a story writer, I'm really impressed by the plots. They're interesting and unpredictable and refreshing, which isn't the easiest to come by. I also love the artwork. I hope someday when I write my manga that it'll look like that! I've never seen art that good, except for maybe Hikaru no Go.

Xiang
30th March 2006, 10:47 PM
I love it too. I first heard about it from my friend, and read the first one- so funny! The artwork reminds me of Girl Got Game- are they by the same artist?

Nina's adorable- male Ayu x)

Shigeru-kun
30th March 2006, 11:00 PM
The artwork reminds me of Girl Got Game- are they by the same artist?
Nope. Ultra Maniac was done by Wataru Yoshizumi (Marmalade Boy, Mint na Bokura, etc.) while Girl Got Game was by Shizuru Seino.

On the actual topic of the story though...I love it. :3 It's not too long, but it's not very short either. Right up my alley.

Can't say I'll ever check out the anime though. I'm 100% positive I will one day, but to my knowledge, it's quite different from the manga, so....who knows.

whiteabsol
30th March 2006, 11:57 PM
FWEEEE!!!!! :3 I like Nina. She always messes things up but she's so innocent while she's at it.

Xiang
5th April 2006, 12:53 AM
I know. She means well though. I'm sure that if she was a tad more wise then her magic would be perfect. :3

Pikastar7
8th April 2006, 4:12 AM
I love Ultra Maniac. I have volumes 1 and 2. It's silly when Nina messes up, so she's a funny charachter, but I like Yuta and Ayu more.

Flannery
17th April 2006, 5:04 PM
I read all the mangas... i bought #5 last weekend ^^ I really enjoyed it , i really like that author since she always brings in new characters to cause trouble ^^ I really liked all the characters, Nina's personnality (always wanting to help others) makes her a good character. Ayu is exactly like i am XP But it's kind of wierd if you compare the fifth book to the 1st one.... characters changed and theres so many new ones ^^ I'm sad it's over...

Sachiko
16th May 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah. It was too short. That's the thing I don't like about Ultra Maniac. Well, there's always fanfiction....

Joseph_mew
21st May 2006, 10:50 PM
is very cool, it buys the DVD's, single I take Vol. 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 xD, comic is free in vol. 1, is brilliant o.o i love Ultra maniac!!!