PDA

View Full Version : what buttons does you press

muffineater
19th March 2006, 1:48 AM
what do you press or hold when catching pokemon in r/g/b/y?
only in r/g/b/y

POKErUsAm
19th March 2006, 1:53 AM
there is a thread exacly like this!
you should delete this before a mod or someone comes arond and closes this!

muffineater
19th March 2006, 2:15 AM
there is not a thread like this in r/y/g/b i checked if there was it was deleted

POKErUsAm
19th March 2006, 2:19 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109742&highlight=buttons
^here it is.you oviously didnt search well enough.

muffineater
19th March 2006, 2:24 AM
i did see that one but that is 3rd gen fr lg not 1st gen r/b/y/g. i have heard that in 1st gen pressing buttons can effect the catch rate of pokemon and balls

POKErUsAm
19th March 2006, 2:25 AM
they say the same about the third also!they are all not true!besides,the topic is way to same with this one!
do you have proof you didnt try to copy it?
Im not going to argue with you,i wanted you to know that this is already a thread!I dont want to create spam so ill just let you do your own thing!

RaZoR LeAf
19th March 2006, 2:09 PM
Topics in FRLG are in no way connected to this forum. POKErUsAm, next time you want to do a good deed, maybe you could Link it in your FIRST post, or even PM me your concerns, instead of turning this topic into a spam pit. Huh? Know what I'm saying?

Pressing buttons in any game does not affect catching rate, so I don't press any.

Guy
19th March 2006, 2:48 PM
I actually don't press any.

The Organizer
19th March 2006, 9:06 PM
The buttons i usally press are select and up on the d pad

Caterpie Master
20th March 2006, 5:03 PM
I never press a button to increase catch rate, and i don't believe in it either.
The only time when I do press it is when my finger wants to do a workout:)

muffineater
21st March 2006, 3:57 AM
i mostly press b and down out of frustration

Waffles
21st March 2006, 4:34 AM
MISSINGNO. + Master Ball in sixth slot = Win.

Edit - And that is answering the question how?

pikachu_rocks19
21st March 2006, 10:11 PM
I hold b and I hold arrow down.

Shiny Rokon
22nd March 2006, 2:47 AM
Nothing you press will make a difference, it only makes you feel better :)

BulbasaurB.k.
22nd March 2006, 7:19 PM
Usually just press b and up it anoys m e when people don't do this! especially my brother-in-law and my brother. Oh wait this is my brother-in-laws thread....Hi!

Shadows Follower
22nd March 2006, 10:13 PM
I hold down down and press B repeatedly. Its kind of a natural thing I do now.

Hoshi no Kabii
24th March 2006, 12:01 PM
I press and hold B and UP when the pokeball is first released, then let go of B as soon as the pokeball hits the pokemon.
I know it doesn't do anything, I just do it without thinking.

Astinus
25th March 2006, 10:16 AM
I used to press Up and B; Down and A; and Left and A...

Then I just found it easier to yell at the game. It worked much better.

Lord Nidokingu
25th March 2006, 1:15 PM
I often hit A after every attack and when throwing the balls. It's not that I believe it works, it's just that I play way too much Super Mario RPG and it's become a habit. XD

Aptenodytes
25th March 2006, 10:57 PM
I hold A, close my eyes, and then think in my mind that it will work ^^

muffineater
26th March 2006, 4:04 PM
hi bulbasuarb.k. i se that i am amoung friends who all try to keep cool when catching poke. comforting technique of button pressing.

Serebii93
2nd April 2006, 3:13 AM
I usually press: a-b-a...a...a
It really doesn't work, but I don't care. :p

Mudkip of DVN
2nd April 2006, 6:18 AM
I rapidly switch pressing different buttons on the d-pad in a circular motion while simultaneously switching from A to B.

It probably is a superstition, but it seems to work

T BLAZE
2nd April 2006, 6:34 AM
I Will With Tell The Pokeball Open NEXT TO The Pokemon And Then Hold A It Works Some Of The Time[^_^]

Magma Grunt Alex
2nd April 2006, 7:51 AM
I hold down on the control pad and I also hold A until it catches or breaks free.

Shiny Heracross
2nd April 2006, 8:29 PM
I don't press anything. I'm not superstitious, and none of those tricks have ever worked for me. It's only a coincedence for some.

squirrel boy
10th April 2006, 6:05 PM
Nothing you press will make a difference, it only makes you feel better :)

I agree! but I use B then Press up and down like a manaic

pharaohguy530
10th April 2006, 7:09 PM
I hold A button. Or rapidly press the A button.

SabrE
15th April 2006, 3:23 PM
I hold, up, A and B, not that I think it increases the catching rate, but R/B (mainly them two) have a lot of glitches so I just do it just in case it makes it better. :)

Selestius
15th April 2006, 4:06 PM
It's just a bunch of superstition, so I do not press any buttons at all.

Iodes Sakura
15th April 2006, 6:14 PM
I press A then B and switching over and over again. It works....most of the time...

SUPER BLASTOISE
15th May 2006, 12:14 AM
b,a,l,rwhen the ball opeans

Liam-Kun
27th May 2006, 1:39 PM
b+right+b+right+b+right+b+right+b+right+.... :p

The Dean of Suds
29th May 2006, 1:03 AM
I constantly press R and L, for no reason.
Over and out,;198;

BasiltheDragon
29th May 2006, 5:48 PM
None, because I'm not too concerned with it.

WingsOfLugia
29th May 2006, 6:07 PM
Well the thing can read you mind anyways :p
But i don't press anything.
But i just use Master BAlls, after all you can multipli them...

Aquarelle
3rd June 2006, 1:57 AM
I used to like to click the A button repeatively, then switch to the B button after a while. Nowadays, I find that makes my fingers sore, so i just hold 'em down.

I know it doesn't work, but I feel that it gives me luck sometimes, so it's just a habit.

Nintendo Master
10th June 2006, 12:40 AM
I press A and B at the same time repeatedly.

Dragetre
10th June 2006, 2:11 AM
I press A and Up at the same time 3 times, and then I press B and Select at the same time 3 times, and then I would repeat the process over again.

-Dragetre.

o_O
10th June 2006, 3:55 AM
I put my ear close to the sound thingy and listen closly and wait/hope to hear the theme when I catch it.

DJ N
18th June 2006, 5:08 PM
I've tried this and it DOES work. I'm not sure what causes it but pressing A and any of the directional buttons does change the effect of the ball. Each of the directions on the d-pad represents a different type of ball (either Poke,Great, Ultra, and Master balls), and when you push one of the directions with the A button EXACTLY when you hear the 'poof' of the ball hitting the enemy pokemon. If performed correctly (and assuming you pushed the correct directional button) you should be able to catch even Legendary pokemon without weakening them. If you're wondering what directional button to push then I THINK it's either A+D-pad down or A+D-pad left for the master ball.

I'm not sure if there is an FAQ on this but if there is, could anyone direct me to it?

I'll update this reply if I get more info on how it works.

◘Ins0mnIac◘
18th June 2006, 6:14 PM
*raises eyebrow*
Time for your medication. :)
lol, erm I know little of the stategy behind that...

DJ N
19th June 2006, 1:44 PM
It isn't really a strategy. It's just a little thing about the game that can shift the odds in your favour. It's your choice whether you use it or not. I do use it, but I don't rely on it. It doesn't always work anyway...

Prof. 9
19th June 2006, 3:13 PM
What buttons i use when catching Pokémon? To be honest, no of them. This is what i call a "n00b Cheat". It doesn't work, it's just nonsense some idiots made.

Blaziken Ruler
22nd June 2006, 11:34 AM
I press B.I do it out of habit.

Zapdos39
26th June 2006, 6:56 PM
i don't press any of them

Goth_Guy
27th June 2006, 2:51 AM
Why is this thread called "what buttons DOES you push"? That is not proper grammer.

Savage
28th June 2006, 7:26 AM
I press "a" to select the Pokeball :O

-kplzthxbi

Nidogod
30th June 2006, 8:29 PM
I hold down and b out of a very old habit. It does nothing to improve catch rates, but at this point it helps me feel like I have a better chance of catching the pokemon. No harm in it.

Fish
30th June 2006, 11:51 PM
Why is this thread called "what buttons DOES you push"? That is not proper grammer.

People want to act New York style gangsta.

Virtual Headache
1st July 2006, 12:10 AM
I usually don't press any buttons, unless a Pokémon seems hard to catch, then I press the "A" button.
I know it hasn't got any efffect, but it makes my hopes to be successful bigger :)