PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Leyline of the Void

~RaikouRider243~
19th March 2006, 2:37 PM
The fifth and final leyline to cover here.
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/guildpact/leyline_of_the_void.jpg

Leyline of the Void
Guildpact Rare
---
2BB: Enchantment

If Leyline of the Void is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it in play.
If a card would be put into an opponent's graveyard, remove it from the game instead.
Where treachery and oblivion converge.
---

Like Leyline of Singularity, this works best in control decks. This takes care of black reanimation decks and the Orzhov deck quite nicely.

3.5/5

Shadow Trainer
19th March 2006, 6:41 PM
The best or second best of the leylines. Like Leyline of Lifeforce this is really a sideboard card, unless you have a lot of Dredge/Ichorid/Reanimation/Psychatog in your meta. 3/5

skiboydoggy
20th March 2006, 6:56 AM
Hmm... It prevents regen for your opponents, so I say that's good...
Is there anything else that does though? Apart from activating Threshold and all that nut...?

Felix Feral Fezirix
20th March 2006, 2:32 PM
YES! I LOVE THIS CARD!

Seriously, when those regen-ers with good effects show, slam down this card and flush them down the drain. I don't understand why it's black though; black is one of the primary regen colours. Oh well. I love this card anyway! Die Kashi-Tribe Weaver, rot in hell!

Rhale
20th March 2006, 4:35 PM
Stops the legendary dragon graveyard abilities...nuff' said right there i think..of course it's in one of the most desired dragon colors so it could work against ya too :D

Kaizer
20th March 2006, 11:15 PM
In my opinion, probably the most useful of the leylines, followed quickly by blue. Neither of these can just be thrown into a deck and be expected to work, but this is a rather nice dredge counter. At the most though, I'd consider this card as metagame counter and nothing more.
3.3/5

Oh... and just how would this stop regeneration? I was under the impression cards actually had to make it to the 'yard for this to trigger. Regeneration replaces that whole "dies" thing by removing all damage and tapping it down instead.

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 8:37 AM
Hmm? Regen can be done from the graveyard, and this stops that from happening. Well, if I'm wrong, kick Ski, since I double-checked with him.

skiboydoggy
21st March 2006, 8:43 AM
Hmm... I'll check, but that would defeat the whole purpose of the cards with the text:
"Destroy target creature, it cannot be regenerated this turn."
Geddit?

Felix Feral Fezirix
21st March 2006, 10:42 AM
Terror does waaaaay better, but that's beside the point. Besides, which is easier: locking down regen with one card, or a whole lot of cards? Depends on your milage though, if you play regen yourself, avoid.

Kaizer
21st March 2006, 12:52 PM
http://gatherer.wizards.com/gathererlookup.asp?set=NinthEdition&name=regeneration

You cannot regenerate from the graveyard. That's the card regeneration, but the reminder text should be more than enough to explain that.

Comp. Rules:
419.6b Regeneration is a destruction-replacement effect. The word “instead” doesn’t appear on the card but is implicit in the definition of regeneration. “Regenerate [permanent]” means “The next time [permanent] would be destroyed this turn, instead remove all damage from it, tap it, and (if it’s in combat) remove it from combat.” Abilities that trigger from damage being dealt still trigger even if the permanent regenerates.

It replaces the destruction, not revives it. Once it's in the graveyard, it's pretty much a blank slate other than it's name, color, and fact that it's a creature. Even then, those don't even matter until you get into effects that affect the graveyard. But a dead creature, unless it's ability specifies it can be used in the graveyard, has no abilities while in the graveyard- and that includes regeneration.
;245;

chaoslord
21st March 2006, 10:46 PM
Once it's in the graveyard, it's pretty much a blank slate other than it's name, color, and fact that it's a creature card.

fixed. http://67.15.181.134/4327/93/emo/ateach.gif

lightning edit: lol, i cant get it smaller on this forum.. freaking img200 tags..

Felix Feral Fezirix
22nd March 2006, 5:31 AM
I guess that pretty much clears it up. SO the only "regen" thing it stops is......DIE DREDGE! DIE!!! ROT IN HELL!! MWAHAHAHAHA! Ahem. Sorry.