PDA

View Full Version : rate my deck, please!

salamence373
20th March 2006, 2:19 AM
POKEMON
Houndour
Dark Magcargo
Rayquaza
Bagon
Slugma
Grovile
Ditto
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Ludicolo
Illumise
Lombre
Totodile
Beldum
Ditto(Pikachu)
Lotad
Treecko
Heracross
Latios EX
Ho-Oh
Skarmory
Shelgon
Kyogre EX
Electrike
Articuno EX
Manecrtic

TRAINER

Potion X2
Masterball
Switch X2
Life Herb
Strength Charm
Island Cave
Steven's Advice
Holon Ruins
Holon Scientist
Pokemon Reversal
Rocket's Mission
Mt. Moon
Super Potion

Energy

Water X3
Psychic X2
Metal
Electirc X3
Fire X3
Fighting X3
Crystal
Grass X3

Chibi Pika
20th March 2006, 8:50 PM
Whoa. oO

Dude, I'm not even an expert, but any player could tell you that deck is wrong. Just, wrong. Kay, for starters, WAY too many Pokemon. Remember the 60-card deck limit? A good rule of thumb is around 16-18 Pokemon, 20-25 trainers and 15-20 energy. Some decks are more energy-intensive than others.

First of all if you're gonna make a deck, pick two types. Not all of them. Two. One works, but two is easiest. Try to base your deck around a power card, (ie, Fire/Water- Salamence, Water/Lightning- Dragonite, Fire/Lightning- Rayquaza, ect) Pick maybe one stage 2 line, some stage one lines, and several strong basics. Since you have Kyogre EX and Articuno EX, a water deck would work best. What kind of strategy do you want? A lightning fast one that pummels the opponent? A slow and steady one with a million copies of each heavy-hitting Pokemon, to outlast your opponent? One that endlessly transfers and recycles energy? Choose an objective and get good cards with effects and abilities that work toward your goal.

With the trainers, you're gonna need several copies of good setup cards like Lanette's Net Search. And I fail to see the point of including multiple types of stadiums.

Yeah, start off with that, and remodel that "deck."

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;

salamence373
21st March 2006, 2:46 PM
OK, I will do that!

Alakazam
21st March 2006, 10:33 PM
POKEMON
Houndour
Dark Magcargo
Rayquaza
Bagon
Slugma
Grovile
Ditto
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Ludicolo
Illumise
Lombre
Totodile
Beldum
Ditto(Pikachu)
Lotad
Treecko
Heracross
Latios EX
Ho-Oh
Skarmory
Shelgon
Kyogre EX
Electrike
Articuno EX
Manecrtic

TRAINER

Potion X2switch with life herb
Masterball
Switch X2Switch with Warp Point
Life Herb
Strength Charm
Island Cave
Steven's Advice
Holon Ruins
Holon Scientist
Pokemon Reversal
Rocket's Mission
Mt. Moon
Super Potion

Energy

Water X3
Psychic X2
Metal
Electirc X3
Fire X3
Fighting X3
Crystal No such thing
Grass X3

You don't need 92 different types of energy, most decks use from 1-3 types of basic energy. You will need more than one of each pokemon. Most decks use a 3 basic-2 or 3 stage 1-1 to 2 to 3 stage 2. Read the tutorial also and read Chibi's post. Also, Super Potion isn't in the current modified format.