PDA

View Full Version : Chikoshipping General Discussion

Yoshida Amane
20th March 2006, 3:34 AM
Welcome to the Chikoshipping discussion thread! Chikoshipping is the pairing of Ash and Chikorita. It may seem unlikely, but it's fun (and it's a great excuse to get rid of Ash for all my fellow non-Pokeshippers). Talk about this cute shipping here! ^^

;152;

Arrow
20th March 2006, 4:51 PM
I presume that this is the same thing as Ash/Bayleef, considering that...well, y'know.

I'd say this is my third favourite shipping next to Altoshipping and Dewshipping (Ash/Latias and Kanon/Latios respectively)

I know, I have a thing for conflicting ships. XD

Yoshida Amane
20th March 2006, 5:35 PM
Welcome to the thread, Arrow!
I understand what you mean by "having a thing for conflicting ships". Even though I'm a strong supporter of Gymshipping (Misty x Brock) , I find Orangeshipping (Misty x Tracey) fascinating too.

And, yes, this is the same thing as Ash x Bayleef. ^^

Arrow
20th March 2006, 10:07 PM
There was a thread like this with a pretty good picture in it, but I think it went under. I'll see if I can find the picture again...

wobbanut
21st March 2006, 8:54 PM
I must admit that chikoshipping is one of my favorite ships on the show, and it was one of the earliest human/pokemon ones I supported (after Misty/Psyduck, before Jessie/Wobbuffet). Chikorita/Bayleef's obvious love for Ash is so sweet, and it's amazing what a tough fighter she can become in response to that love. :) I feel bad when she's been heartbroken over him too ("Turning Over a New Bayleef", the Whirl Island cup episodes). Obviously they don't stand a chance of being together (that'd be just WRONG), but it's one of the sweetest unrequited love stories on the show.

Some of my favorite chikoshipping moments:

-- Chikorita twirling her leaf to scare away the others (twice) in "Once in a Blue Moon"
-- Chikorita being scared of Totodile while he's dancing and runs over to Ash (I forget what episode that's from)
-- Chikorita running over to Ash after he's let out all his pokemon to battle Gary ("Power Play")
-- Chikorita jumping into Ash's arms when he calls her to battle, and he gets embarrassed about it (I forget the episode)
-- Chikorita evolving to save Ash in "Current Events"
-- Bayleef being upset when she finds she's at Professor Oak's and starts wreaking havoc, then headbutting Professor Oak aside when Ash contacts him in the next episode (the Whirl Cup episodes)

I can probably come up with a few more, but those are my top favorites.

Arrow
21st March 2006, 9:16 PM
Wish I could see Pokemon here. I dunno when its on...

I think I saw a picture of the latter one somewhere, but I can't find it anymore. X___X

Yoshida Amane
23rd March 2006, 12:02 AM
Welcome, wobbanaut! ^^
Yeah, Ash was always embarrassed by Chikorita. I'll bet Totodile is pretty scary when he's dancing...
I love that Totodile.

*cries for Tracey, having to deal with that Bayleef*

Arrow
23rd March 2006, 12:32 AM
Well, we could use a topic about now. Any ideas? Hmm...darn. I'm on the run from my parents, so I don't have many ideas as of the moment. Crap.

I'll edit this post when I get a good idea.

Yoshida Amane
23rd March 2006, 3:19 AM
It has to do with Chikorita/Bayleef, so it should count:

Will Bayleef ever leave Oak's to travel with Ash again?

I honestly doubt it, but I'd like to see Bayleef evolve. Ash will probably keep catching new whatever-region-he's-in Pokemon, and Tracey will have to take care of all of them (Yes, I'm a Tracey fan). It would still be interesting to have Bayleef back, though.

Arrow
23rd March 2006, 12:41 PM
I'd agree. He'll always be picking up at least one grass type from each new region, and now he's also got Treeko and Bulbasaur. Assuming he doesn't get a new one from each region anymore, there's a 1/3 chance he'll get Bayleef back.

Gazmof
23rd March 2006, 2:56 PM
Ah, this ship is absolutely adorable :D I support it as one-sided canon from Bayleef's side. I remember the early Johto episode where Chikorita battered a wild Quagsire off Ash's backpack and that was when I first realised how cute the whole setup was. Ash's response when Brock first hypothesised Chikorita's crush was priceless :D

Though I don't think Chikoshipping will ever happen (for, well, obvious reasons, really), it's still cute. Personally I think Sceptile and Bayleef could make a promising couple, though I only started thinking this after hearing about the Grovyle vs Tropius episode. Ah, rejection...

Will Bayleef ever leave Oak's to travel with Ash again?

I honestly don't see why not, since it's one of his strongest grass-types. I think it's more likely Ash will use it in a league/tournament of some kind at some stage, rather than have Bayleef travel with him regularly again.

Arrow
24th March 2006, 7:41 PM
Personally I think Sceptile and Bayleef could make a promising couple, though I only started thinking this after hearing about the Grovyle vs Tropius episode. Ah, rejection...

Yeah, I could agree with that. Although I'm a bigger Meganium/Tropius shipper than a Grovyle/Meganium one. And yeah, I know about rejection. XD Buut, I don't think about it much. Thinking too much about other things for it to influence my life like that.

wobbanut
25th March 2006, 12:11 AM
Bayleef should definitely rejoin Ash's team, because she's a powerful battler. I don't think she should evolve, I think she's better off staying as a bayleef. Meganium's just plain HUGE. I think she can make great contributions again for the team, though. I've been hoping she'd be back for a BF battle, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. Let's hope he'll bring her back sometime in the near future (apart from the Professor Oak episode next month here in the U.S., of course).

Arrow
25th March 2006, 12:30 AM
Oh well...hey, someone wanna start a Chikoshipping fic?

Yoshida Amane
25th March 2006, 1:46 AM
Oh well...hey, someone wanna start a Chikoshipping fic?

Sounds fun.

Very short post by me.

Darkliger
25th March 2006, 3:07 AM
Actually, I've been requested to write a Chikoshipping fic. It'll be done in about five days to a week.

Sika
25th March 2006, 5:12 AM
I quite like this ship. Too bad that on Johto, I barely watched the show.

This AMV was made by Booncy, and can be found on the Multimedia Corner, or his sig:

Chikoshipping AMV by Booncy (http://media.putfile.com/Stuck7539)

It so cute, ya know...

Arrow
25th March 2006, 1:15 PM
Actually, I've been requested to write a Chikoshipping fic. It'll be done in about five days to a week.

You're nuts, first writing an Altoshipping fic, and then a Chikoshipping fic. XD

And nice AMV. I'm not a big fan of the song, but it looked really well done. I'm moreof a fan of Bayleef/Ash than Chikorita/Ash, just 'cause of size differences. XD

Darkliger
25th March 2006, 3:11 PM
Arrow: I'm not nuts.

That is a cool AMV. Somehow, the song fits Chikorita. Anybody know the name of the song.

Chikoshipping may be one-sided by canon standards, but you have to admit, Chikorita/Bayleef shows more affection towards Ash than any other girl - human or Pokemon - in the show.

Gazmof
25th March 2006, 4:24 PM
Well, Bayleef is fiercely protective of him, that's for sure.

Arrow
25th March 2006, 6:34 PM
I'd agree with your statement, but I dunno, a lot of female characters have shown an interets in Ash.