PDA

View Full Version : Views, unique or not?

Mequuh
22nd March 2006, 5:24 AM
Some threads I create I'm always wondering how many people are viewing it or not. And I click on it over and over when I'm anxious to see if anyone replies. I wonder if the views are just me over and over or unique views. Just wondered.

Akilah Imani
22nd March 2006, 7:50 AM
The views are unique, I believe. Once you view it that's it, you're not really counted. Unless I'm mistaken, then someone else will post correcting me; if they don't, I'm just too awesome. :P

Akilah

Fox
22nd March 2006, 8:04 AM
From what I've seen, views are unique per post in the thread. What I mean by that is that when you create a thread, the views will be tallied for those who see the first post. Once a reply is made, anyone who views that will be tallied as well, regardless of whether or not they were counted for the initial post. As more and more posts come along, the count keeps going. That's how I think it works anyway. *shrug*

Mequuh
22nd March 2006, 8:36 AM
I assumed it was that or it being not unique.. Because views go up extremly fast.

Akilah Imani
22nd March 2006, 8:48 AM
People often click to view and not post. I've done it before to someone's thread and my view is counted, even if I really didn't pay attention to anything within the thread.

Akilah

Mequuh
22nd March 2006, 8:55 AM
I know.. I think what he meant was if someone clicked view on a thread with 70 replies it would count as 70 views? I'm not completly sure what Fox meant though..

Akilah Imani
22nd March 2006, 9:02 AM
What Fox meant is that even if someone doesn't view the first post made in the thread it still counts. For example, if I clicked last page, my view would still be tallied. Basically, its all unique.

Akilah