PDA

View Full Version : Unown Puzzle in Crystal?

The Great Butler
23rd March 2006, 1:15 AM
I never fully completed Crystal, so I've never seen the full translation of the story written in Unowns in the back of each of the four puzzle chambers. Can someone post the story in full for me?

Satoshi
23rd March 2006, 3:07 AM
"Our words shall remain here for the ages"

"Thus we shall erect a Pokemon statue outside"

"We humans must learn to walk in harmony with them we depart for their sakes"

"They possess great insight and refuse the outside world"

RedJirachi
23rd March 2006, 4:55 AM
I still can't make sense of it.

Bonsly is pimp
23rd March 2006, 11:30 PM
i never read it either thanx for posting it
but it doesnt make much sense

The Great Butler
24th March 2006, 1:11 AM
Thank you. I still wonder why they made Ho-oh so hard to catch in Crystal.....

Odori
26th March 2006, 6:16 PM
"Our words shall remain here for the ages"

"Thus we shall erect a Pokemon statue outside"

"We humans must learn to walk in harmony with them we depart for their sakes"

"They possess great insight and refuse the outside world"

Just because you all don't seem to get the message, I'll try to simplify it.

I believe this has alot to do with humanity's interaction with science and understanding.
This seems to be reflected in how the unknown and the human's relationship works; how they don't /understand/ the unknown and people must deal with the fact they can't learn everything. "we humans must learn to walk in harmony with them. We depart for their sakes."
And the unknown are one of two species of pokemon that exsist with ONLY themselves in a confined area. (The other is diglett, however, dugtrio are found there aswell.) "They possess great insight and refuse the outside world"
So we get a clever little pun out of all this: We don't know anything about the unknown, simply that it is there, and the secrets will remain unknown because it IS unknown.

Ahhhh, symbolisim. More proof why Crystal simply dominates to me over the reccent games. It was much more intelligent and had hidden meanings.. and that puzzle is proof of that.

As for ho-oh being so hard to capture, I kind of enjoyed the challange. :P Makes Crystal even longer then Gold/Silver was. (How many of you gave up on getting all three of the dogs when you first got the game when you were a little kid? I know I did.. xD) Unlike the other games, catching them all takes a bit more effort. (and that's not a bad thing.)