PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Hero's Demise

klducks
24th March 2006, 1:41 AM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/bok/heros_demise.jpg
Hero's Demise - Betrayers of Kamiwaga. Rare
1B: Instant
Destroy target legendary creature.
What will it say on our graves, Lord of Konda? Will it say we led our world to conquer immortal forces or that we were crushed by our own arrogance? At each defeat, I wonder."
-Sensei Hisoka, letter to Lord Konda

A 2 mana removal card. For limited play, this would be useful since like... 2/3 of the set is legendary lol. Ofcourse, in casual play, it really depends on your metagame. More often then not, you'll use Terror > this.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

FireKero!
24th March 2006, 3:45 AM
Hmm. Interesting...My meta is mixed, I see Legendaries quite constantly. I might tech this. Removal is good :D

Shadow Trainer
24th March 2006, 3:47 AM
If you run into a lot of legendary creatures this card is great, if not this card is pretty useless. 2/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
28th March 2006, 11:02 AM
I pretty much don't run into ANY legendary creatures, so sue me. Terror seals them off just as well, adding an extra regeneration prevention, but never mind. This card is really situational, and the fact that it's black makes it all the more so. But it removes any legendary creature, so.....well, up to your metagame.

2.5/5

~RaikouRider243~
29th March 2006, 5:51 AM
A U/B deck featuring Leyline of Singularity and four of these would be interesting. 2.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
29th March 2006, 10:44 AM
True. But you're gonna have to pull them back from the graveyard for some real fun removal.

skiboydoggy
30th March 2006, 1:27 PM
At any rate, seeing as how it was the spammy Kamigawa set of Legendary doom, it is pretty decent alongside vsing Three Kingdoms Portal.