PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Power Matrix

klducks
25th March 2006, 4:50 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/mm/power_matrix.jpg
Power Matrix - Mercadian Masques. Rare
4: Artifact
T: Target creature gets +1/+1 and gains flying, first strike, and trample until end of turn.
As he repaired the ship's planeswalking engine, Karn saw for the first time how he could catalyze the Weatherlight's evolution

4 mana for giving +1/+1, flying, first strike, and trample. This IMO > Helm of Kaldra since Helm requires 5+ manawhile this just requires 4 mana total. Not to mention, this ability can be used at instant speed.

The Duck's Rating: 2.5/5

chaoslord
26th March 2006, 12:43 AM
I actually prefer Helm since, you know, its Equipment and doesnt end at EOT, and can be moved around post combat, unlike this, which would be tapped, albeit this is a built-in combat trick. So its close.

Still, for MM, its a nice card.

I also give it a 2.5/5.

Shadow Trainer
26th March 2006, 4:43 AM
Being able to give a creature +1/+1 flying, first strike and trample is good. Too bad this only lasts until the end of turn and costs four mana. 2/5

The_Darkness_Incarnate
26th March 2006, 6:15 AM
This is a freaky card. Really freaky. >_>

It has a good effect, but it only lasts until EOT, but it's only tapping to get the effect, and though there's better things for turn 4, then again most turn four things can be hard to get out due to mana-screwage. It's all very confusing to rate. @_@. I'd say it's solid, and it'd probably be a good filler, but there's always equipment if you need the effects that badly. Solid, but there's better cards, though they have more weak points. */em has just confuzzled self*

3/5

~RaikouRider243~
26th March 2006, 7:52 AM
This is nice, but the effect probably would have been better on a 3/3 equipment instead of an artifact.

3/5

Sika
26th March 2006, 8:40 AM
Come on, the card deserves some credit, the equipments didn't even existed on this card era.

The ability is good, seeing that it doesn't cost anything. But it still costs 4, so it wouldn't work that neatly on most kinds of decks.

3/5

By the way, how does the reviewing card business works here? I'm kinda new to this part of the forum.

Shadow the Hedgehog
28th March 2006, 12:18 AM
Back then I would give it a 3.5/5. Now though I would give it a 2.5.

Felix Feral Fezirix
28th March 2006, 10:42 AM
Old times are old times. New times come with equipment. I wouldn't mind the end-of-turn thing, though, since pretty much everything I play lasts until end of turn. Even better, it works at instant speed, and if you have cards that can untap it...... Oh boy.

3.5/5

skiboydoggy
30th March 2006, 1:23 PM
Yeah, what he said. Although if you ask me there are better cards, especially when Kaldra could be summoned with the three equipment.