PDA

View Full Version : Buena's Number?

Maxim
25th March 2006, 5:56 PM
I heard that Buena gives the PokeGear Number when you'll collect 30 points on Blue Card. I collected them and went to the Radio Tower but there's not such prize like "Buena's Number". I talked to Buena but she didn't give me that number. Why?!

Psychic
25th March 2006, 6:09 PM
-_- Why does everyone believe in these stupid codes?

Buena doesn't give you her number, no matter how many points you get. You can only get the prizes the girl in Buena's studio shows you by listening to 'Buena's Password' from 6:00 to 12:00 at night and earning points that way.

And think logically; what would be the point in getting her number? What would a redio star call some random trainer for?

~Psychic

Gulzar
25th March 2006, 6:12 PM
Hmm… I’m not exactly sure what you mean. Buena gives you points on her show, and in turn you can cash in those points for items like Rare Candy and Ultra Balls. If when you say “Buena’s Number” you mean her phone number, then you are mistaken: She has none. The only things you can get with the points on your Blue Card are items. Since you have thirty points stored up, I recommend getting lots of Rare Candy. Sorry if you are disappointed, but whoever/whatever told you about Buena’s Number was not reliable.
;001;

Maxim
25th March 2006, 7:22 PM
But I've seen this in a bunch of completely different sites.

Naraku_Diabolos
25th March 2006, 9:03 PM
Yes, you CAN get Buena's number. I have it on my Crystal, which has over 900 hours of gameplay -_- 251 Pokemon and all.

EDIT: You also need an empty slot on the PokeGear in order to receive it.

Gulzar
25th March 2006, 10:03 PM
I am curious, Naraku_Diabolos. How did you get Buena's Number and what does it do?
;001;

Spock
25th March 2006, 10:50 PM
I got 30 points and I believe I talked to the girl whom you can exange items for points with. Or Buena >.<

Gulzar
26th March 2006, 3:42 AM
Hmm… I just was playing my Crystal version and I tried out what had been suggested. The time was 6:30PM, my character had 30 points accumulated, and I talked to both Buena and the lady that cashes in your points for prizes. I also had a free phone number slot in my Pokegear. Buena said “Your BLUE CARD’s full. / Trade it in for a fabulous prize!” I then spoke with the lady that cashes in the points for items, and she just did her regular routine: “You can cash in your points / for a lovely prize of your choice! / Which prize would you like?” Then the list of items comes up, listing Ultra Ball for 2 points to HP UP for 5 points. There is no “Buena’s number” offered.
~Imperial Stormtrooper~: You probably forgot what you did. It happens to the best of us. :)
Naraku_Diabolos: Hmm… I am always the last to accuse someone of lying, so I’ll assume you forgot what you did.
I have the benefit of knowing many people who post on this forum, so I usually know if someone is making something up.
A reminder: Credibility is vital, especially on a forum. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I just want to share my experience with others.
I hope this clears things up.
;001;

Naraku_Diabolos
26th March 2006, 8:19 PM
Go to: http://www.gamewinners.com/game_boy_color/PokemonCrystal.htm

Search for Buena: Phone Number:

To get Buena's phone number, you need to get 30 points on your Blue Card.

Yes, I am very aware that the website DOES have some stupid codes that DO NOT WORK, but the Buena's phone number does work. I have it on my Crystal.

Gulzar
26th March 2006, 10:44 PM
Hmm… It seems that no one knows what Buena’s number does…
If someone really has the number, please describe exactly how it was received and what it does. Until then it should be assumed that Buena’s number doesn’t exist.
;001;

Spock
27th March 2006, 10:46 PM
Gulzar: I didn't forget. I am talking to the infamous Buena right now, man! I'll send pics once I can develop my photos.

Serebii93
28th March 2006, 12:45 AM
Is this Buena only in Crystal? I've never heard of her...

emeraldellie
28th March 2006, 1:54 AM
Is this Buena only in Crystal? I've never heard of her...
Yes, Buena is only in Crystal.

I've been trying to find how to get her number, but haven't had any luck so far.

Kal-El
30th March 2006, 10:52 AM
Buena
Buena will give you her phone number if you stockpile 30 points on your
blue card, she calls to tell you things about people, such as Mary's
weight problems and how the host of the Lucky Number show has never won
on it and vows to continue until he does.

You can not call Buena while she is hosting her show (from 6:00 to 12:00
every night), if you do you get her answering machine.

Buena gives you nothing but occasional comic relief.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/file/pokemon_crystal_g.txt

Shiney_Hunter_Tauros_Rule
1st April 2006, 5:39 PM
I hope this is true as I havent sold a single point but I dont play crystal that often any more

Gulzar
3rd April 2006, 11:21 PM
Well, to begin with:
Sorry, sorry, and sorry!!!

I was surprised to see this thread a few weeks ago, and I just had to try something. Accumulating 30 points is quite an accomplishment, usually only achieved by using a GameShark. I therefore did not believe that anyone had truly accumulated 30 points on his or her own.
I ask you to accept my apology, because I have lied to you. I have Buena’s phone number. I know the programming of Pokémon GSC very well, and I was shocked to see the “bonus numbers.” Buena’s number is just one of them (I don’t remember the other ones offhand).
When you have 29 points and then you get one more from Buena, she says that she will give you her number if you want. Say yes if you have an open slot in your pokegear. The number is just for kicks (I have seen a few sites saying that you can call in to give Buena the password during her Password Show, but that isn’t true, as far as I know).
Here is a picture of Buena’s phone number in my pokegear.

Pokegear Phone numbers (http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gulzarofgrass/Buenasnumber.png)

Below is what I know about the number, and the text that Buena says (at least what I’ve heard her say):
The phone number reads as “BUENA: DISC JOCKEY”
This is what she says:

If it is between 6:00PM and 12:00AM, she says:

This is BUENA. I can’t come to / the phone right now. / If you want to chat, tune into / BUENA’s PASSWORD on the radio and / give me a call after midnight! /

She starts off with this after midnight:

Hi, this is BUENA… Oh! Hi, (character’s name)! / I just got off work. / Let me tell you, I’m exhausted! /

She starts with this in the morning:

Hi, this is BUENA… / Oh! Good morning, (character’s name)! / I’m kind of foggy in the morning… /

She says this in the afternoon:

Hi, this is BUENA… Oh! Hi, (character’s name)! / Do you tune into BUENA’s show? /

This is what she says after the regular intro. There are three options that I have seen:

Hey, (character’s name). You Use your POKéGEAR / to listen to the radio, right? / I heard that you can even display / town maps with POKéGEAR. / I have a bad sense of direction, so / POKéGEAR would be handy… / Anyway, thanks for calling! Later!

I’m thinking of going to the GAME / CORNER tomorrow. It’s been a while. / You see, I have my favorite machine… / It pays out a lot, I kid you not! / Huh? Nuh-uh, it’s my secret! / You have to find it yourself! / Catch you later! /

Is it sunny outside today? / When you’re cooped up in the RADIO / TOWER as much as I am, you lose touch / with the outside. It can be boring. / Please call again! /

That’s all I've seen (there might be more).

Again, the reason that I have lied like this was to see if anyone really has the number. It’s hard to believe that anyone would save up that many points. Since no one has explained what the number does or given any screenshots, I assume I am the only one who has Buena’s phone number. Either that or people don’t know how to reply to someone when they question their credibility :(.
Sorry if I have insulted anyone that really has the number.
Also please don’t hate me :)!
;001;