PDA

View Full Version : how do i win against koga?

mega mew
26th March 2006, 5:13 AM
how do i defeat koga with: pikachu-level30-thundershock-THUNDERbolt-slam-quick attack-butterfree-level25-confusion-teleport-whirlwhind-sleep powder-pidgeotto-level22-fly-gust-whirlwhind-quick attack-charmeleon-level27-scratch-cut-rage-ember-wartotle-level22-bubble-ice beam-water gun-skull bash. i've tried 12 times & still no luck!;266;

Raichu-chan
26th March 2006, 5:54 AM
Uh. Have you beat all of the trainers on Cycling Road and the routes around Fuchsia? It looks to me like you need to level up. It would also help if you dropped that Butterfree for an Eeveelution, preferably Flareon in this case.

Guy
26th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Dude, do you ever train? Go back and fight some trainers.

muckers
26th March 2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah, those Pokemon are pretty under-levelled. I forget what Koga's highest level Pokemon is, but train all your team to at least an equal level and it'll be breeze.

You'll have some decent 'mon then as well. Seriously, the two 'starters' you have in your team should both be in their third and final evolutionary form by now.

Guy
26th March 2006, 12:24 PM
His highest level Pokemon is Lv.43

Clockworkz
26th March 2006, 10:40 PM
Well, you have pretty crappy Pokemon o_o
Go find a Doduo/Dodrio, and ditch the Pidgeot.

Heh; I remember thrashing Koga with my level 49 Dragonair, L48 Alakazam, L49 Tauros, L48 Lapras, L47 Gengar and L48 Dugtrio. Good times.

Caterpie Master
27th March 2006, 2:39 PM
wow, you indeed haven't got good pokemon.
Get at least a Psycho one, that'll help. One that's resistent against poison, like rock, is also good.

RaZoR LeAf
27th March 2006, 3:24 PM
Uh, since when has anyone got to train 'good pokemon' over pokemon they WANT to train. If someone wants to use a Pidgeot, then they can, there's no law stating they must use a better pokemon.

Pikachu - 30
Thunder ??, Slam, Quick Attack
Butterfree - 25
Confusion, Teleport, Sleep Powder, Whirlwind
Pidgeotto - 22
Fly, Gust, Whirlwind, Quick Attack
Charmeleon - 27
Scratch, Rage, Ember, Cut
Wartortle - 22
Bubble, ice Beam, Water Gun, Skull Bash

Right, now I can actually read your team better (spaces and full stops, they're the future when you are writing. Consider looking into how they work).

You are greatly under-levelled, try to get your entire team to at least level 35. Then, you can concentrate on giving them better moves.

I assume you are playing Yellow, since you have all the starters in one game. In which case, Pikachu should have Thunder Bolt. It should also have Thunder wave (level 8, or it's TM45). You should consider Double Team also.

With Butterfree, you have two utterly useless mvoes, Teleport and Whirlwind. Neither do anything in battle, making Butterfree a waste of space. Fortunately, they are not HMs, so you can get rid of them. Butterfree learns Psybeam at level 31, so if you want to keep the Psychic TM for a future pokemon, this will have to do. I suggest buying Reflect from Celadon and teaching it this too.

Buy Reflect for Pidgeotto too, it evolves at level 36, so do that. It will also learn Wing ttack at 31, so get rid of Whirlwind again. Consider Double Team once more, this time in replacement of Gust.

I suggest Dig on Charmeleon (over rage, that's a horrid attack). By then it will have learnt Slash too. It evolves at Level 36, so you may as well do that too.

Lastly, Wartortle evolves at 36, so you should by then have 3 fully evolved pokemon on your team. It will learn Withdraw at level 31, which would be far more useful than Bubble at this stage. Before you fight Koga, get Surf from the Safari Zone, and Strength too. teach both of these to Blastoise, giving it a powerful Water attack, and a solid Normal attack too.

Then, when your team are all at the same high level, try fighting Koga again. Stock up on Potions, Revives and Antidotes. If you're still having problems, level up more by retracing your path and fighting every trainer you missed, then clear out Silph Co of the Rockets.

Psychic
28th March 2006, 3:01 AM
Well, firstly, your Pokémon need some serious training if you want to beat Koga- their levels are much too low to face him. If you have enough money (Trainers exist for a reason) go buy some useful healing items, as Dan said- Koga likes to Poison, Confuse, Paralize, and put your Pokémon to sleep, so you'll want to eliminate stat conditions as soon as you can in any battle.
His main strategy is to wait you out with stat conditions and Double Team, so you need to strike hard and fast.

Koga's team is all Poison/Bug types, so you'll do well using Psychic, Fire and Ice attacks. Butterfree, Charmeleon and Wartortle are ideal for this battle, they just need training. Even Pikachu will come in handy when he brings out part Flying types, so up its level as well.

~Psychic

The Organizer
29th March 2006, 4:11 PM
You dont beat him, because you cant with that team, either train till your fingers are boney or start a new game.

Shining Charizard64
6th April 2006, 3:07 AM
Its easy man, go back and catch a dugtrio or Kadabra

dugtrio with dig owns all but muk and it 2 hit KO's muk anyways. Weezing will most likely use Explosion when you're under ground( it has for me like 10 times in a row).

Kadabra with psychic will destroy him.

Aptenodytes
17th April 2006, 5:50 AM
Catch 5 psychic Pokemon and make them have decent levels with Psychic, Psybeam, or Confusion. It's really now that hard to beat him, even if you only have one decent psychic Pokemon.

AJ Flibble
17th April 2006, 11:23 AM
Just go back and train really, and teach Dig (or Earthquake, found in Silph) to someone and let rip. He should be pretty easy.

Charizard86
17th April 2006, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure a freshly caught Dugrtio from the cave could wipe out Koga anyway but Drowzee can also be useful as it'sa easier to catch than Abra and, although not as powerful in the long term, it has a big advantage over most pokemon in the R/B/Y series due to it's lack of weaknesses.

SeanLuigi
17th April 2006, 2:13 PM
Let Dugtrio be somewhere at 30 or 40 keep on using Dig.Or maybe a Hunter since Koga uses Explode when using his Weezing.X_X!Major damage unless if it miss or its is unaffected.XD!

ribonucleic
25th April 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolve your charmeleon into Charizard. I didn't evolve my charmander until it learnt flamethrower and thus Koga was easy to beat. Aso for backup evolve your pidgeotto

Blaziken Ruler
3rd May 2006, 11:42 AM
Train You Charmeleon till Level 40.Using Pidgeot wont be a bad idea.

final answer
11th May 2006, 5:12 AM
Here's what you need to do:
1.Level up. It does matter what your level is.
2.Get at least two fire pokemon, that just one. Or, get a pyshic pokemon, you can get a Mr. Mime from some guy, I think he's in a Vermillion or some where around there.