PDA

View Full Version : One anti-PokeShipping argument I don't understand...

Roses Ablaze
26th March 2006, 4:49 PM
...is the idea that "Misty hates Ash, so she can't be in love with him!"

I'm sorry, since when did Misty *hate* Ash? They're friends in canon, and they've shown signs of liking each other, even if platonically, several times throughout the series. So why do people think that Misty is Satan's incarnate out to kill Ash? (I've even seen Misty and Ash compared to Hitler and the Jews) It just boggles me.

Shatoshi
26th March 2006, 5:05 PM
she dosent HATE him.....but evryone says they fight because they are in love.....but she is NEVER one to compliment him.....she just insults him....so that is why people say that^^

Cerberus
26th March 2006, 5:08 PM
Its a pretty poor arguement

CyberCubed
26th March 2006, 5:11 PM
It is a stupid argument, just ignore the people who say it.

Shatoshi
26th March 2006, 5:13 PM
true cy....but I had to explain it to all those people reading this without accounts^^

Jo-Jo
26th March 2006, 7:40 PM
Anyone who thinks that Misty hates Ash clearly watched the first five seasons of the show with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears. I don't think that any of the intelligent anti-Pokeshippers use that argument.

Sika
26th March 2006, 7:57 PM
I don't understand it either.

When CyberCubed and Jo-Jo agree in something it has to be the truth.

Anyone who paid attention to the animé knows that obviously Misty doesn't hate Ash.

CyberCubed
26th March 2006, 8:23 PM
When CyberCubed and Jo-Jo agree in something it has to be the truth.

Quoted for humour. ~

intergalactic platypus
26th March 2006, 9:27 PM
It also bothers me when people say all Misty ever does is insult Ash. They clearly only watched the beginning of season 1, and then tried to ignore the rest of the series. Misty is tempermental with Ash and gets frustrated with him a lot, but she doesn't constantly ***** him out and insult him. They spend a lot of time being good friends too

Cap D. Blue
26th March 2006, 9:33 PM
Ash has said that Misty is his best friend. Friends can fight, too. I argue with my best friends all the time.

Besides, it's like the Nurse Joy said years ago: "When two people fight, it shows how much they really care about each other." Or something like that. XP

~Mist~
26th March 2006, 9:35 PM
Wow, that is the weakest arguement against Pokeshipping. Shows where intelligence comes from, no?

she dosent HATE him.....but evryone says they fight because they are in love.....but she is NEVER one to compliment him.....she just insults him....so that is why people say that^^

Never compliments him? True, Misty may insult Ash several times, but you can't say never. That's an exaggeration right there, don't you think? We've seen Misty compliment Ash's skills very often, if you listen to what she says. Try seeing the seasons again, and perhaps you'll catch my drift.

STJ
26th March 2006, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't say that it's a strong argument.... I'm sure Anti-Pokeshippers have much, much more intelligent and valid arguments against Pokeshipping

I don't belive that Misty 'hates' Ash

Having said that, the "When two people fight, it shows how much they really care about each other" arguement bores me to tears

Jo-Jo
26th March 2006, 10:07 PM
It has been quoted several times in the show, however, so it evidently doesn't bore the writers to tears. :p

Lil Brother
26th March 2006, 10:51 PM
They clearly only watched the beginning of season 1, and then tried to ignore the rest of the series.Yes, as in only the first two episodes. XD Misty doesn't hate Ash, they made it clear in the third episode when she begun to follow him for five seasons, with the bike as an excuse.

Magus
27th March 2006, 12:17 AM
Yes, as in only the first two episodes. XD Misty doesn't hate Ash, they made it clear in the third episode when she begun to follow him for five seasons, with the bike as an excuse.
A bike that she forgets about several times, until something comes up to remind her.

~Ghostwriter~
27th March 2006, 1:00 AM
This is probably the silliest argument I've heard...it doesn't even have any ground to stand on.

Originally posted by Jo-Jo:
Anyone who thinks that Misty hates Ash clearly watched the first five seasons of the show with their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.

Yeah. Anyone who's paid attention could vouch that while yes, Misty does insult Ash, she compliments and thinks highly of him. She was sad to leave in Gotta Catch Ya Later, and she cheered him on in the Hoenn League, even though she wasn't there in person. In the Mirage Kingdom episodes, she was going to have them as her guests. If she 'hated' Ash, she likely wouldn't have done so.

Yggdrasill-sama
27th March 2006, 1:53 AM
Wow. Though I may hate Pokeshipping, that's such a pitiful argument against it >_>

Lux
27th March 2006, 3:31 AM
...is the idea that "Misty hates Ash, so she can't be in love with him!"

¬¬

Oh, my. Where did you see that crap, Roses Ablaze? I haven't seen anything anti-shipping that stupid for ages. I'm sure it was not around here in serebiiforums. So... don't let it bother you. It's just... crap.

Hakajin
27th March 2006, 5:23 AM
Well, I have. It wasn't too long ago.

I think that some people just don't understand it. They know that Misty at least wants Ash to succeed, but that a real friend wouldn't be mean like that. I think.

But that argument really frustrates me, it's so difficult to explain it out to someone. It's really something you either get or you don't.

But really, this belongs in another thread . . .

Kiori
28th March 2006, 3:53 AM
Hakajin, that's quite true. There's at least one member who joins this forum and claims something like that every year - in any kind of way -, so I'm not too surprise.

The only way I would see why those people say that Misty must hate Ash for she can't be in love with him is because of the exaggerated temper of Misty's that a lot of people put into Misty's character . . . directed to Ash. I would certainly love to debate how Misty is not always tempermental, but that belong elsewhere. :p