PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Shiny Heracross
26th March 2006, 7:08 PM
Is it true that if you breed a shiny Pokemon in the daycare, the chances that the baby will be a shiny go up? If so, what are the odds?

POKErUsAm
26th March 2006, 7:13 PM
i think the odds are included but still are very slim. but i could be wrong -_-;

liquinn
26th March 2006, 7:23 PM
First You'll need a breedable Shiny to start with :D

Moonlight.
26th March 2006, 7:32 PM
IIRC, the chance of the baby also being shiny is 1/64.

Odori
26th March 2006, 7:33 PM
The odds of having a shiny parent with a non-shiny parent producing a shiny offspring are approxemently 1/64. Contrary to 3rd gen, which has no greater chance if the parent is shiny. I believe they changed this to avoid any glitch abuse.

Just incase you're wondering, two shinies cannot mate.

EDIT: Argh. You beat me to it, Kuratosu. XD

Shiny Heracross
26th March 2006, 10:26 PM
First You'll need a breedable Shiny to start with :D
I know that...

Anyway, thx guys. A 1/64 chance is great!

Flame Haze SnS
27th March 2006, 8:25 AM
Odd of getting shiny from one shiny and non-shiny parents is 1/64? That seems very much easier than one's in 3rd generation (R/S/E), which is 1/8---.

Shiny Heracross
27th March 2006, 8:43 AM
Odd of getting shiny from one shiny and non-shiny parents is 1/64? That seems very much easier than one's in 3rd generation (R/S/E), which is 1/8---.
It's 1/8192. It used to be rumored as 1/655361, which is plain ridiculous, until someone found out what it really was.

The Organizer
29th March 2006, 3:57 PM
I beleave the odds are 1/64 if the parent is a shiny.

Deoxys Strain
29th March 2006, 10:59 PM
i wonder if you breed 2 shiny pokemon would the offspring chance be 1/32?

Shiny Heracross
29th March 2006, 11:36 PM
i wonder if you breed 2 shiny pokemon would the offspring chance be 1/32?
A guy that posted before in this thread that two shinies can't breed or something. I wonder why.

emeraldellie
30th March 2006, 12:13 AM
A guy that posted before in this thread that two shinies can't breed or something. I wonder why.
In GSC Generation, the game counted two Pokemon as "related" if their IV's were too similar, and wouldn't let them breed. All shinies have similar IV's, so the game thinks their related.

pugman3000
30th March 2006, 12:36 AM
I've used this method to breed shinies by using a shiny ditto, but I'm lazy and got bored with it. I got about four shinies before I finally stopped.

Dunsparce
7th April 2006, 2:09 AM
It's only 1/64 only when you breed a Shiny Ditto with something. ONLY Shiny Ditto. I've tested it and it's true.

Shiny Heracross
7th April 2006, 2:48 AM
In GSC Generation, the game counted two Pokemon as "related" if their IV's were too similar, and wouldn't let them breed. All shinies have similar IV's, so the game thinks their related.
Hm, makes the game more realistic. Related people don't normally breed.

Anyway, Dunsparce, does that mean that the chances won't be 1/64 if I bred my shiny Gyarados with something? If so, what would the chances be?

Dunsparce
7th April 2006, 3:03 AM
Hm, makes the game more realistic. Related people don't normally breed.

Anyway, Dunsparce, does that mean that the chances won't be 1/64 if I bred my shiny Gyarados with something? If so, what would the chances be?

It would be the same chances as breeding two normal Pokemon.

emeraldellie
7th April 2006, 4:08 AM
It would be the same chances as breeding two normal Pokemon.
How do you know that you didn't just get bad luck? It wouldn't make sense if it was only for Ditto, because IV's can get passed down when normal Pokemon breed.

.TraX.
7th April 2006, 7:27 AM
If the female is shiny the offspring has a 1/64 chance of being a shiny.

The 'mother' passes down IV's, the 'father' passes moves, that is why it works this way.

Comis Patronus
7th April 2006, 7:35 AM
Haven't you guys read on the website or tried it? It's still 1/8192 as Spheal 2 said.(oh yeah the 1/8192 also counts on battles against trainers so you better be careful since it happened to me.....................)

.TraX.
7th April 2006, 7:40 AM
Haven't you guys read on the website or tried it? It's still 1/8192 as Spheal 2 said.(oh yeah the 1/8192 also counts on battles against trainers so you better be careful since it happened to me.....................)

That's for Ru/Sa.

This is GSC.

Please accept there may be differences between games.

Sidenote: Reading the stickied post might help in future.

Comis Patronus
7th April 2006, 7:54 AM
Sorry didn't read it but they did still say that there is still a normal chance unless it's the egg that has a 50% chance of being a shiny.............