PDA

View Full Version : How come my Chansey isnt evolving?

SkimI3oarder
26th March 2006, 7:28 PM
I caught my Chansey with a friend ball, which raises the happiness to 200 and 220 is needed to evolved. I gave it a haircut 3 times (by the younger brother) and got 3 "Your chansey looks delighted"'s. So that should be 230 happiness points but my Chansey still hasnt evolved, what gives?

The lady in goldenrod said my chansey "Trusts me alot" and according to the FAQs thats supposed to mean there is alot of happiness points

Heres the link to the FAQ for happiness quota:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/file/pokemon_gs_happiness.txt

DFK
26th March 2006, 7:43 PM
Did you level up your Chansey after getting the happiness to 230? If not, you need to level up once to start the evolution.

emeraldellie
26th March 2006, 8:21 PM
Actually, I think she's supposed to say something like "Wow, it looks really happy! It must love you a lot." when it's ready to evolve.

SkimI3oarder
26th March 2006, 9:19 PM
Did you level up your Chansey after getting the happiness to 230? If not, you need to level up once to start the evolution.

Yes, ur right!

I just trained with my eevee (who ive also been trying to evolve) an i got an espeon, kick arse.

I saw that i got the espeon and now im gonna reset the game without saving, clone the eevee, level up one at night and one at day.

Shiny Heracross
26th March 2006, 9:21 PM
You have to level it up first.

BTW, how do I find out how many happiness points my Pokemon have and how many they need to evolve?

emeraldellie
27th March 2006, 12:01 AM
You have to level it up first.

BTW, how do I find out how many happiness points my Pokemon have and how many they need to evolve?
You can't tell the exact number. You have to talk to the lady in Goldenrod, and she will give you an estimate of where it's happiness level is.

SkimI3oarder
27th March 2006, 12:39 AM
I know this is kind of off-topic (but also sort of on-topic) how does my espeon learn Growth? Its listed on smogon but theres no explantion.

emeraldellie
27th March 2006, 1:19 AM
I know this is kind of off-topic (but also sort of on-topic) how does my espeon learn Growth? Its listed on smogon but theres no explantion.
Your Espeon can't learn Growth. The only way to get it was to get an Eevee with Growth from Pokemon Center New York.

Waffles
27th March 2006, 1:45 AM
Your Espeon can't learn Growth. The only way to get it was to get an Eevee with Growth from Pokemon Center New York.
Or get an ACKSHUN REEPLEY!!1

-Totodile-
27th March 2006, 11:41 PM
I saw that i got the espeon and now im gonna reset the game without saving, clone the eevee, level up one at night and one at day.

If you're going to clone the Eevee, the one in your box will lose some happiness points.

XxGreivousxX
27th March 2006, 11:54 PM

^ Hmph. I hope it screws up yo game ^^

[Kingdra]
28th March 2006, 4:18 AM
All you need is for your chansey to be in your party for a while and It'll evolve a the next level

The Organizer
29th March 2006, 1:30 PM
To evole it you have to have max happiness and then level it up.

Shiny Heracross
29th March 2006, 4:09 PM
There is no Action Replay for GSC. Ha!

DIZZI
29th March 2006, 4:46 PM
Yes, ur right!

I just trained with my eevee (who ive also been trying to evolve) an i got an espeon, kick arse.

yeah chansey needs to be at least level 40.

Rainbow★Latias
30th March 2006, 6:42 AM
yeah chansey needs to be at least level 40.
Nope, got mine at lv 31.

Nightdawn
30th March 2006, 6:57 AM
omg to evolve Chansey you need happines...lolXd
soothe bell is good for evolving
she/he need to belive in you as a trainer..try not to get her/HIM fainted in battles and use (return attack in battles) with soothe bell!
the evolving usely start at 30 and up

Serebii93
30th March 2006, 8:23 PM
Just give the Chansey a Rare Candy, and call it good.

Dragonking
30th March 2006, 10:42 PM
My chansey evolved at level 24

Miho
30th March 2006, 11:47 PM
My Chansey got a haircut every time I could get one for it, I gave it all sorts of items to make it happy, it didn't evolve till level 64. You have to be patient sometimes.

Waffles
1st April 2006, 5:12 AM
^ Hmph. I hope it screws up yo game ^^
And that why I have a guinea pig cart. Shark a monster, put it in Pokésta 2 (for bugfixes), then put it in my real game. Simple.

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
1st April 2006, 1:23 PM
The level for evolving doesn't matter. In rse I had an eevee evolve at lvl 12. It all depeneds how you fight. Also make sure when you train, not to let the pokemon faint or else.