PDA

View Full Version : The PokeRus FAQ

Pages : [1] 2

Dratini927
26th March 2006, 9:24 PM
Well, lately I have seen a lot of threads talking about PokeRus, so I decided to create a FAQ thread about PokeRus. Below are commonly asked questions about PokeRus that the main site may not go over. If you have a question about PokeRus, it may be answered here, and if you still don't understand something, then post it in here, and it should be answered. :)

What is PokeRus?
- PokeRus is a "virus" that enhances stats to your Pokemon and allows EV's to be doubled in battle. It's the same as Macho Brace, but without the lowering of Speed.

How do I get PokeRus?
- PokeRus is obtained from wild Pokemon in the game. You do not need to catch a Pokemon to obtain PokeRus. Instead, all that needs to be done is a move that makes Contact (i.e. mostly physical attacks and moves such as Bite, Crunch, Spark) to a Pokemon that has it, and there's a chance that it will go onto the your Pokemon that hit the infected wild Pokemon. You will know when you have PokeRus if you look in the Status condition area of a Pokemon and it says "PKRS".

How do I spread PokeRus over to my other Pokemon?
- PokeRus can only be spread on Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, because those games have are clock-based. If you have an infected Pokemon on Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum or XD, you cannot spread it. Spreading it means having the infected Pokemon in your party with your other Pokemon. In time, the infected Pokemon will spread PokeRus over to your other Pokemon.

How long does PokeRus last?
- PokeRus doesn't last very long in Ruby/Sapphire/Emearld. If the infected Pokemon is in your party, PokeRus lasts, depending on the Pokémon (it's preset), 1 to 3 days. A "day" is counted as passing by for an infected poke which is in your party at midnight.

How do I keep PokeRus?
- It's very easy to make sure that you always have PokeRus on your game. All you have to do is keep the infected Pokemon in your Box. If you're on Fire Red or Leaf Green, you do not have to worry at all, as PokeRus will never leave because the game is not clock-based.

I see a dot next to where it used to say PKRS, what happened?
- If you see a dot in the Status area, that means the Pokemon has lost the PokeRus virus and can never get it again. PokeRus tends to leave quickly, so be sure to get your training in quickly if you want the added effects of the virus to help your Pokemon's stats. Even after your Pokemon loses the PokeRus status, and gets the dot, it will still gain the double EV values always.

And that's about it. If there are any other questions that I do not have answered in here, ask them here and I'll add them to this post. :)

gregjammer
26th March 2006, 10:31 PM
There's more, Dratini927, if that's ok w/ you, and it's all in this quote, originally posted in the XD FAQ to try and clear up the issue involving whether or not you can evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon by Gamecube clock:

I have found out that you can ONLY evolve 1 Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon in XD w/o the aid of trading to the GBA games in order to do so.

Why? Because there are no time-based events in XD...

Proof: My Typhlosion's was infected w/ Pokerus in the GBA back when it was in EV-training, before I found out today, when my Typhlosion was in XD, and reached level 100 there, that the Pokerus won't wear off as long as the pokemon that's infected by it stays in XD, no matter how much time passed on the Gamecube's clock, but when it gets back to the GBA, then the GBA notices how much time has passed, and then the pokemon snaps out of the pokerus... If the pokerus had worn off before it was transferred to GBA, then would Eevee evolve into Espeon/Umbreon at max tameness + level up in XD??? Yes, it will... But no, Pokerus didn't wear off until GBA transfer...

So, if that quote's true, then Pokerus can't spread to other pokemon on Colosseum/XD, because those two games aren't clock-based... Same goes for Fr/Lg, since they're also not clock-based...

And if that's o.k. w/ you, feel free to add it to the question "How do I spread Pokerus over to my other pokemon?"...

Demonic
26th March 2006, 10:41 PM
if i have a pokemon in my party that i train with pokerus then put it in my pc will it lose it ? alos can i put my pokemon into XD and train it there with teh same effets witut it losing pokerus cheers : demon :

Whompithian
30th March 2006, 10:33 AM
if i have a pokemon in my party that i train with pokerus then put it in my pc will it lose it ? alos can i put my pokemon into XD and train it there with teh same effets witut it losing pokerus cheers : demon :
The counter for Pokerus ticks down at midnight (game time) for any Pokemon in your party (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). Any Pokemon in your box when the clock rolls past midnight, in FireRed/LeafGreen, or in Colosseum/XD will not have its Pokemon duration counted down. As long as your Pokemon is back in the box - and the game saved - during the midnight rollover to a new day your Pokemon can keep the Pokerus for the life of your game no matter how much actual time it spends out training.

Training a Pokemon with Pokerus in XD will work, but this gets tricky since the benefit (the only benefit) of Pokerus is that it doubles the number of Effort Points you earn from the Pokemon you defeat. It is much easier to work out a good EV spread fighting select Pokemon in the handheld games than it is fighting the trainers in Gale of Darkness.

Noritzu
3rd April 2006, 10:54 PM
Just to clarify somthing I have noticed. The Pokerus is spread by movement. You simply cant sit them in your party and wait for it to spread. Though it takes a very short amout of running around to spread it.

Auraninja
4th April 2006, 12:31 AM
Don't forget, with the berry glitch, the Pokerus just doesn't go away.
Unless it takes so long, that I didn't even witness it going away. I doubt that though.

feebas_factor
9th April 2006, 12:16 AM
Is it bad for an egg to get pokerus because when it hatches, it will not be able to get pokerus again?

Also, how do I know when midnight is on my clock? (I think mine is screwed up somewhat). Is there some indicator in the game?

Comis Patronus
9th April 2006, 12:59 AM
Can you use a Pokemon with Pokerus in the Battle Frontier? If you could, can't this help against status conditions?(Sorry but I never obtained Pokerus).

MetalMario
9th April 2006, 1:58 AM
Pokérus isn't a "real" status condition. When a Pokérussed Pokémon gets a status condition, it no longer displays as having Pokérus (though it still has the effects and it still spreads). It goes back to displaying Pokérus once the other status is cured.

Edit: Drat, I see some errors in this FAQ:
1. To get Pokérus from an infected wild poke, use a contact move, not necessarily Physical. (Tackle and Spark are examples of Contact moves, while Hyper Beam and Thunderbolt are not.)
2. Pokérus lasts, depending on the Pokémon (it's preset), 1 to 3 days. A "day" is counted as passing by for an infected poke which is in your party at midnight.
3. The effort doubling effect stays for Pokémon which have the Black Spot! The only thing you lose when a Pokémon goes on to the Black Spot stage is the ability to spread it from that Pokémon to others.

ShinyFufu
9th April 2006, 5:19 AM
So u ABSOLUTELY HAVE to use a contact move? Does bite/crunch count? And when u see a pokemon with pokerus, will it have it as a status condition, or will it look normal?

Jetx
10th April 2006, 4:04 PM
Hmm.... I have a question. Will the PKRS just appear or do we have to ask at a pokecenter?

Dreamcoat
10th April 2006, 4:05 PM
It'll just appear.

Jetx
10th April 2006, 6:19 PM
Ok, thanks.

DarkSpectrum
10th April 2006, 6:41 PM
So u ABSOLUTELY HAVE to use a contact move? Does bite/crunch count? And when u see a pokemon with pokerus, will it have it as a status condition, or will it look normal?
both bite and cruch are contact moves. and pokerus is NOT a status condition (that is reserved for poison paralyze sleep, etc.). Pokerus only appears on the status screen when u go into the pokemon menu.

Manene
12th April 2006, 3:09 AM
Actually (correct me if I'm wrong), I think it spreads in the Box, too. In my Sapphire, I have at least 1 Pokemon in each Box with Poke'Rus, and I started off with only about 1 or 2 Poke'Rus Pokemon total.

Dratini927
12th April 2006, 4:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that it only spreads while in your party only. Keeping it in the Box just makes sure that you will keep the virus. :p

Naraku_Diabolos
12th April 2006, 4:14 AM
Dratini, did you read what MetalMario added? He's right, that when the black dot appears on your Pokemon, it still receives the stat benefits of PKRS, it's just that it cannot spread it since it's not afflicted with the condition. It's like that on my Ruby. I still have my Tyranitar that gains Speed +4-7 whenever it faces a Golbat when it didn't have PKRS anymore. It has a Hardy nature too (traded it from my LeafGreen game).

I remember when PKRS was first introduced in G/S/C. I pitched such a fit with myself that I called a Nintendo Rep over the phone and asked him if my game had a virus lmao

EDIT: Damnit, I saw that what MetalMario said on his post, you added it to the main one, Dratini >_<

Dratini927
12th April 2006, 11:52 PM
That's ok. :p I know I do look like a moron half the time, but don't worry....It's only half the time. 8D

Atoyont
13th April 2006, 12:03 AM
Can you use a Pokemon with Pokerus in the Battle Frontier? If you could, can't this help against status conditions?(Sorry but I never obtained Pokerus).
Yes, you can use a Pokemon with the PokeRus in the Battle Frontier.

Dratini927, it's obvious that you're not a moron, considering you're a mod. :p

Demonic
13th April 2006, 5:22 PM
ohhh i want pokerus so what would be best for treeko/govoile/sceptile when i get pokerus what shuld i uber ubr train him against (pokemon wise such as zigzagoon) so i kno what to kill when i get it lol thx

MetalMario
18th April 2006, 2:29 AM
This probably should be in the EVs thread.

Some wild Pokémon which raise Special Attack are Gastly, Spinda, and Slugma. Some wild Pokémon which raise Speed are Rattata, Pidgey, Zigzagoon, Electrike, and Wingull.

*$hinydragonite*
1st May 2006, 1:37 AM
Does PKRS also work to double EVs when you use a vitamin (I know it's ten per vitamin), or does it half the amount you can use(say if it has no EVs in the stat, and I know that the max you can use on a pokemon with no Evs in that stat is 10), lowering it to five max?

Volteon
1st May 2006, 1:45 AM
PokéRus just doubles Battle Effort points, not vitamins.

K? :)

*$hinydragonite*
1st May 2006, 1:52 AM
PokéRus just doubles Battle Effort points, not vitamins.

K? :)
Thx, Volteon. I just needed that cleared up. :)

ShinyFufu
13th May 2006, 3:51 PM
So, if I have a pokemon that has pokerus, can't i keep it forever by depositing it in the box right before midnight? THat way, I could EV train it for a VERY long time, and it would never get the Black Spot Condition!

xPokerusx
14th May 2006, 3:11 AM
No melee master you would lose it the as soon as you take it out the next day.Try putting it in firered and you will never lose it (but it doesnt spread).

Whompithian
14th May 2006, 11:04 PM
So, if I have a pokemon that has pokerus, can't i keep it forever by depositing it in the box right before midnight? THat way, I could EV train it for a VERY long time, and it would never get the Black Spot Condition!
Yes, that's correct. The counter for Pokerus only ticks down for Pokemon that are actually in your party at midnight. Any Pokemon in the box at that time keeps its Pokerus no matter how often you otherwise have it out. I have a Wurmple and a Zigzagoon that have had Pokerus for over a year, and I take the Wurmple out at least once a week. I use the Zigzagoon whenever I want to give another Pokemon Pokerus, so it's sometimes out of the PC for several hours at a time, but I always put it back in before midnight.

EmbersBackUpSinger
14th May 2006, 11:07 PM
thank you about this information! I really never knew about it

MetalMario
14th May 2006, 11:11 PM
Let me remind you that Pokémon with the Black Spot still receive all EV benefits; they're just no longer able to spread it to their brethren.

Edit: I just traded Pokérus over to my Emerald and remembered not to skim by the message this time. For all curious, the Pokérus message at the Pokémon Center is as follows:

Your POKéMON may be infected with
POKéRUS.

Little is known about the POKéRUS
except that they are microscopic life-
forms that attach to POKéMON.

While infected, POKéMON are said to
grow exceptionally well.
She says it right after your Pokémon are healed. It has a bit of misinformation in it, actually: she suggests that the EV benefits go away when your Pokémon gets the Black Spot, but this is false.

killerjaw01
21st May 2006, 6:43 PM
The other day I traded some pokemon over from Ruby which had Pokerus to Emerald. I put them in the PC to keep the infection. Took them out today, they still had the Pokerus, so I thought I'd use that to infect some of my pokemon without the 'rus. But after a few minutes of play the infection cleared and the dot was left, so I could not infect any more.

Why did it disappear so suddenly? It's not as if I was playing at midnight or anything, this was at 2 in the afternoon (and my clock on Emerald is set to the right time as well). Does the trading of the infected pokemon affect the time of infection? I think a similar sort of thing happened to my friend, I traded some pokemon over and they lost their infectiveness immediately.

Syther
31st May 2006, 7:55 PM
The other day I traded some pokemon over from Ruby which had Pokerus to Emerald. I put them in the PC to keep the infection. Took them out today, they still had the Pokerus, so I thought I'd use that to infect some of my pokemon without the 'rus. But after a few minutes of play the infection cleared and the dot was left, so I could not infect any more.

Why did it disappear so suddenly? It's not as if I was playing at midnight or anything, this was at 2 in the afternoon (and my clock on Emerald is set to the right time as well). Does the trading of the infected pokemon affect the time of infection? I think a similar sort of thing happened to my friend, I traded some pokemon over and they lost their infectiveness immediately.
I'd like to know about this as well.

Zera
31st May 2006, 8:55 PM

the time that the infection last is random. it could be hours days weeks, months. If you had 2 pokemon that were infected, you should have kept one in the PC, while you tried to infect the others, better safe than sorry, but its a bit late for that now. hopefully you have a few more infected pokemon on your ruby.

killerjaw01
31st May 2006, 10:25 PM
yeah I have got loads on Ruby, but like I said, a few minutes after I had taken them out of the Box with the infection still enabled, they lost it. I was slightly disappointed because I wanted to infect some more of my party, but I am not completely bothered about it, I was just wondering if trading affects the time of the infection.

Zera
31st May 2006, 11:55 PM
As far as anyone knows, trading doesnt effect the infection what so ever. i personally traded an infected oddish over to my emerald and used it to infect countless kecleons, and its still got it, safely in the PC.

$%^Shiney Pokemon !@#
1st June 2006, 5:58 AM
If you use the Macho brace and have pokerus is the most EPs you can get from 1 pokemon 4 or the amount of ep's they normally give u x2 for the brace and x 2 again for pokerus?

Zera
1st June 2006, 6:08 AM
Yes, you can use the pokerus and the macho brace together to quadruple your EV gain.

$%^Shiney Pokemon !@#
1st June 2006, 12:47 PM
So if u make a secret base team you can get up to 72 with that combo?

WhiteWizard42
1st June 2006, 1:35 PM
yes. 3 EVs per pokemon, 6 pokemon, double for macho brace, double for pokerus.

3*6*2*2 = 72

ShinyFufu
2nd June 2006, 12:09 AM
So if I see a pokemon with PokeRus in the wild, I can get it by using a contact move, right? But do I have to KO it with the contact move? Like, can I use the contact move, then run away and go to the pokemon center, and I will still get PokeRus. And, what if I use a physical contact move and catch it? Will the pokemon I captured have to be in my party when I go to the Pokemon Center to see if I have PokeRus?

Zera
2nd June 2006, 12:48 AM
I'm pritty sure you dont have to KO it, and i'm pritty sure that there is a percentage involved in the contact moves actualy infection rate, if you know what i'm trying to say, lol.

EDIT: and i like the little props thing there, ;)

[Kingdra]
8th June 2006, 6:12 AM
Umm I saw how you said physical moves like crunch,bite,spark but, they are all special

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
8th June 2006, 7:47 AM
I know, but we're talking about PHYSICAL MOVES not attacks and special attacks!

WhiteWizard42
8th June 2006, 4:39 PM
contact moves - your pokemon touches the opponent. (bite, spark, wing attack, cross chop, etc.)
non-contact moves - your pokemon does not touch the opponent. (rock slide, flamethrower, bonemerang, thunder, and so on.)

use a contact move to contract pokerus.

[Kingdra]
8th June 2006, 11:46 PM
Does pokerus macho brace work?

ShinyFufu
8th June 2006, 11:50 PM
Will I still get PokeRus if I attack a pokemon with a contact move, but I don't catch it? Assuming I know for sure, theoreticallly, I could just attack it, then run away, I would have PokeRus, correct? And what if I attacked the pokemon first, then i caught pokemon? Would that pokemon have to be in my party when I healed for me to get PokeRus?

WhiteWizard42
8th June 2006, 11:53 PM
your pokemon catches pokerus as soon as it makes contact with the wild pokemon. if you hit it and run away, you still have it. if you hit it and catch it, the pokemon that you caught and the pokemon that touched it will both have pokerus.

... i just thought of something. you can catch pokerus by battling in a secret base, if the other person's party has it. lol.

[Kingdra]
8th June 2006, 11:53 PM
No, you don't need to catch it

Zera
9th June 2006, 12:09 AM
... i just thought of something. you can catch pokerus by battling in a secret base, if the other person's party has it. lol.

it would stand to reason that if you use contact moves on it, you could catch it. you should like, test it out, get some confermation, and le the pokerus spreading begin!

WhiteWizard42
9th June 2006, 12:18 AM
i would, but all of my R/S/E games already have pokerus. could somebody else test it?

noobers
9th June 2006, 12:25 AM
i would, but all of my R/S/E games already have pokerus. could somebody else test it?

Wish I could,but I never caught Pokerus.I think if the Secret Base trainer has it,it'll keep it forever.Question: If I find a wild Pokemon with Pokerus,is there any way I could tell it has Pokerus?

~chandler I

WhiteWizard42
9th June 2006, 12:29 AM
nope. just use a contact move on every wild pokemon you meet.

noobers
9th June 2006, 1:25 AM
Okay,thanks!

~chandler I

cesarambriz
9th June 2006, 1:33 AM
OK SO i have A Adamnt ZAngoose with pokerus how can i train it to get the maximum stats?

WhiteWizard42
9th June 2006, 2:01 AM
give it a macho brace and have it KO 63 zubat/zigzagoon/linoone/wingull/electrike/manectric (for speed) and 63 shuppet/poochyena/mightyena (for attack).

mightyena, linoone, and manectric count as 2 KOs each.

Champion Jared 14
9th June 2006, 3:20 AM
I thought getting pokerus was supposed to be rarer than getting a shiny, but on my emerald, I've already gotten it, but not one shiny on it. Ain't that just strange?

noobers
9th June 2006, 4:32 AM
What are the chances of getting Pokerus,anyways?

~chandler I

[Kingdra]
9th June 2006, 4:32 PM
Soo Does Macho Brace and pokerus work?

WhiteWizard42
9th June 2006, 4:35 PM
yes. pokerus doubles EVs, and the macho brace doubles it again, for a total of 4 times the usual EVs. beating a gardevoir with pokerus and a macho brace gives you 12 SAtk EVs.

Zera
9th June 2006, 4:54 PM
I thought getting pokerus was supposed to be rarer than getting a shiny, but on my emerald, I've already gotten it, but not one shiny on it. Ain't that just strange?

the rarity is all based on probubility. just like encountering 8000 pokemon doesnt mean you'll encounter a shiny on #8000[or w/e the shiny rate is] its the same for the pokerus. Its highly unlikely that you'll encounter 3 shinys in a row, but its not impossible. just like its possible to get the pokerus while yu haven encountered any shinys, :D

hope i helpeded!

WhiteWizard42
9th June 2006, 5:05 PM
what's the actual probability of catching pokerus? seems like it's not anywhere in the FAQ.

Zera
9th June 2006, 5:26 PM
Dunno, i've never seen hard numbers for it, and i've wondered where ppl get the notion that its rarer than a shiny.

4 8 15 16 23 42
9th June 2006, 10:03 PM
What exactly are the chances of getting pokerus? I've had my sappire for at least two years and never gotton it i also have emerald but never got it!

Sceptile95
10th June 2006, 12:54 AM
so thats what it is

ShinyFufu
15th June 2006, 3:40 PM
At Bulbapedia, they said that in G/S/C the chances were something like 1/21,845 and that they are still the same, but I am not too sure that it is correct. People have been telling me that if you are a member there, you can edit there information freely, which leads me to believe that it is either inaccurate, or just a plain lie. But they are also the only site to give out an exact probability on that so I don't now what to believe...

Slim
16th June 2006, 1:32 AM
That seems right; I can't remember where, but I remember reading that the probability is 3/65535. If so, then that would be right.

Sharpedo Boy
26th June 2006, 9:21 PM
Are Pokemon with pokerus rarer than a shiny?

Slim
27th June 2006, 2:15 AM
Yes.
Pokerus Probability: 3/65535
Shiny Probability: 8/65535

Sharpedo Boy
27th June 2006, 9:27 AM
Imange catching a feebas lv100,shiny with pokerus.

AkariKanzaki
2nd July 2006, 4:25 AM
I caught Pokerus back at the beginning of playing Ruby. I didn't understand what it was when I got it so I consider myself truly lucky that I put some of those Pokemon in boxes and left them there, hence "freezing" them in Pokerus status and not realizing I had done that until later. No one I know has caught Pokerus themselves, though they have it now thanks to me giving it to them.

I have seen only 1 shiny ever and again, that was toward the beginning of me playing Ruby. I haven't seen one since. Yet I hear about people on Serebii with several supposedly legit shinies. It feels like I should've seen another shiny by now with how many hours I've put in my 5 GBA games. I think this is a little strange... though I guess with the numbers so low for both shiny and Pokerus, it's a bit expected.

MagTrick
2nd July 2006, 5:24 AM
i only got pokerus 2 months ago and i never and i never got any since then

Canis Lupus
2nd July 2006, 9:24 PM
Yes.
Pokerus Probability: 3/65535
Shiny Probability: 8/65535

Ouch. I got Pokerus on a previous game of Emerald but I restarted it.

POKErUsAm
2nd July 2006, 9:30 PM
What is PokeRus?
- PokeRus is a "virus" that enhances stats to your Pokemon and allows EV's to be doubled in battle. It's the same as Macho Brace, but without the lowering of Speed.
I am glad you put "" around virus because viruses don't really ever have a positive effect.
I have gotten pokerus before and I knew what it was thank God. I spread it through my team and still have it today by keeping it in my box.

4 8 15 16 23 42
9th July 2006, 9:25 PM
So for every eight shinies you see you should see three pokeruses but i't not a certain chance?

Champion Jared 14
16th July 2006, 3:52 AM
So for every eight shinies you see you should see three pokeruses but i't not a certain chance?Uh, it seems like that should be the other way around, or change something. It doesn't make sense to me. I think that more shinies should come than pokerus pokemon. But pokerus on my emerald has proved to be much common for me.

GhostMaker
16th July 2006, 7:51 PM
I have a question.

I want to spread PokéRus to my party on LeafGreen. PokéRus doesn't spread on that game so I decided to trade my Party to Ruby. The thing is that the pokémon with PokéRus won't spread it to the Pokés I traded.

So my question is: Is that supposed to happen? Or does it jsut take a very long time before they actually gets infected?

EDIT: It just took foever. >_>

Slim
17th July 2006, 12:18 AM
So for every eight shinies you see you should see three pokeruses but i't not a certain chance?

Yeah, that's right. Statistically speaking anyway, there would be 8 shinies for every 3 Pokeruses.

~Sirnight~
18th July 2006, 8:42 PM
I have a question of the Poke'Rus. Now, I know when you have the poke'Rus, it says Poke'Rus in the status box when you look at it's summary. But when the Poke'Rus goes away, I know there is a small black dot in it's place on the summary page. Now what I want to ask is: Do you still get the effects of the Pok'Rus while the dot is only there?

WhiteWizard42
18th July 2006, 8:48 PM
yes. the EV boost is still in effect, even when the pokemon no longer has pokerus (when the black dot is there).

Ampharos_Spark
23rd July 2006, 7:32 PM

thats kind of weird becasue I have had 4 pokemon with pokerus caught(they're in my box) in verry short Intervals and only 1 shiny appear after like 2 years

Freakshow
5th August 2006, 9:52 PM
Bah. I have Pokerus but no shinies

I want to spread PokéRus to my party on LeafGreen. PokéRus doesn't spread on that game so I decided to trade my Party to Ruby. The thing is that the pokémon with PokéRus won't spread it to the Pokés I traded.
Pokerus doesn't spread on FRLG/XD/Colo due to the abscence of time

Kyrix
9th August 2006, 10:36 PM
I have a question that is kinda noobish...
what would be the best thing to do to find pokerus? I swear I have found 2 shinies looking for pokerus! It just sickens me. (I'm not complaining it is just so annoying!)

Somebody
9th August 2006, 10:39 PM
I have a question that is kinda noobish...
what would be the best thing to do to find pokerus? I swear I have found 2 shinies looking for pokerus! It just sickens me. (I'm not complaining it is just so annoying!)
Just have a pokemon with a contact move(Bite, Crunch, Scratch, etc) and when you find a pokemon, use said contact move on it, and if it has pokerus, you should be infected. Thats your best of way of trying to get pokerus. It's a waste of time though imo, pokerus is rarer than a shiny.

Legend Chaser
10th August 2006, 5:49 AM
Is Rustox real, its said that he has
pokerus forever. He must be rarer than all shinies on all games combined.

WhiteWizard42
10th August 2006, 5:59 AM
Is Rustox real, its said that he has
pokerus forever. He must be rarer than all shinies on all games combined.

what is rustox supposed to be? there's no pokemon in the game naned that, and pokerus is completely random, there's no one pokemon it's "always" on.

there is a pokemon named dustox, but it's ridiculously common and you can have one before you beat the first gym.

Metagross
28th August 2006, 4:45 PM
I find Pokerus easy but shinies i have never found one.

TogeticTheRuler
1st September 2006, 6:18 PM
What are the chances of finding a pokerus?

WhiteWizard42
1st September 2006, 9:40 PM
chances of any given wild pokemon having it are 3/65536.

ř®ΑпGЗ ♠
2nd September 2006, 4:54 AM
Do you have to defeat the E4 to ke PokeRus?

dpfinest
2nd September 2006, 5:19 AM
chances of any given wild pokemon having it are 3/65536.

really? cause ive gotten pokerus is 3 seperate games...

and ive only caught 2shinys

WhiteWizard42
2nd September 2006, 1:47 PM
Do you have to defeat the E4 to ke PokeRus?

no.

10chars

Ho-oh Master
9th September 2006, 10:31 PM
Instead of making a new topic I'll just post.

What are the odds of meeting a pokemon with pokerus? and if you attack it with a physical attack will you get it no matter what or are there odds?

is it better to go on route 117 and catch wild pokemon or fight wild pokemon?

thanks

Shiny Ho-Oh
10th September 2006, 12:37 AM
I once got pokerus. Yay for me. I was trying to complete my Hoeen Dex. I ran into a gulpin and i caught it. The I was training it to evolve. Then it fainted. I went to The pokemlon center and the lady said that I had Pokerus. It spread through my party and all my pokemon were Pokerused! My Latias, Shiny Kingdra, Charizard etc.Hip Hip Horray!

WhiteWizard42
10th September 2006, 6:48 AM
Instead of making a new topic I'll just post.

What are the odds of meeting a pokemon with pokerus? and if you attack it with a physical attack will you get it no matter what or are there odds?

is it better to go on route 117 and catch wild pokemon or fight wild pokemon?

thanks

3/65536, and you'll always catch it if you use a contact move on it.

fighting (not catching) is the fastest way.

Ho-oh Master
10th September 2006, 7:48 AM
O.O

wth, you gotta be kidding me? thats more rare then a shiny >.> is it harder it get then a shiny?

do you think its worth my time looking for it?

Whompithian
10th September 2006, 8:50 AM
O.O

wth, you gotta be kidding me? thats more rare then a shiny >.> is it harder it get then a shiny?

do you think its worth my time looking for it?
You're likely to spend more time searching for Pokerus than will be saved during Effort Training with Pokerus. It's better to just play the game normally rather than actively searching. Just make sure that the Pokemon at the head of your Party has a couple of contact moves it can use to KO any wild Pokemon you encounter. Play the game normally and be sure to check the status screen of your Pokemon before you turn off your game (that step is important; I had Pokerus on a Metagross in my PC for almost 8 months without realizing it). If you do get Pokerus, infect a Pokemon that you can just leave in the PC and worry about infecting any other Pokemon the next day (or, if you're too excited, infect away). If you never end up getting Pokerus, then things will be as they are now, so you haven't lost anything.

blazingjirachi
10th September 2006, 6:12 PM
i found two pokemon with it in 5 minutes yet i have never found a shiny i now constantly store a pkemon with it in my pc so i will alwayds have bit but will probably never have a shiny

darkjigglypuff
13th September 2006, 12:30 AM
What is the chance of coming across an infected pokemon? like how finding a shiny is about 1/8012?

WhiteWizard42
13th September 2006, 12:42 AM
i answered that just 3 posts ago, in post #93.

3/65536, almost 3 times as rare as a shiny.

darkjigglypuff
13th September 2006, 12:50 AM
i answered that just 3 posts ago, in post #93.

3/65536, almost 3 times as rare as a shiny.

....It's not worth it -_-;.....

WhiteWizard42
13th September 2006, 1:16 AM
true. if you actively looked for it until you found it, chances would be that the time spent looking for it would outweigh any benefits in EV training you might get.

EDIT: post 100, cool.

PsyDragon Trainer
17th September 2006, 1:05 PM
hahaha, lol. I NEVER had seen a shiny in R/S/E, but I HAVE pkrs! (I have it a long time:D)

shooting star
22nd September 2006, 7:05 PM
Thanks for all the information! I gotten pokerus yesterday.

miken park
30th September 2006, 3:40 AM
If you have lost pokerus (after it goes away), does the EV boost still effect it?

WhiteWizard42
30th September 2006, 4:40 PM
all pokemon that have pokerus, or have had it at some point, get the EV boost.

Shiny Crobat
30th September 2006, 4:49 PM
POkerus is very handy

Mirai Mirai
2nd October 2006, 7:59 PM
I've been hatching Pichus all day, trying to get a decent nature.

The first Pichu that hatched had PokeRus. I thought you could only get Pokerus from making a (physical?) contact in a battle. But I never heard of a Pokemon hatching out of an egg, and having Pokerus.

Note: My other five Pokemon, I had at the time, had Pokerus months ago.

Emuritto
3rd October 2006, 4:30 PM
When you meet a wild pokemon that has Pokerus will it show PKRS on its status condition?????

Whompithian
3rd October 2006, 10:31 PM
When you meet a wild pokemon that has Pokerus will it show PKRS on its status condition?????
No. You just have to hit the little beggar and see if you get Pokerus from it.

Dratini927
7th October 2006, 10:01 PM
Now that we have the 3rd Generation Forum, this would be better suited in there, and it will probably get noticed more. :p

*Moves*

AngelLatias
7th October 2006, 10:41 PM
I got Pokerus exactly one month after I started my game on Sapphire and I was in the Victory road place. I couldn't get it in the other games so I traded and spread it. Ruzzy, yes I think it still has the boosting effect when it goes away. ^^

pokebreeder
8th October 2006, 5:20 AM
how does it spread? do you just walk around with a pokemon with it? i mean if you have a pokemon that has it answer fast cuz i only got 2 pokerus infectees left

edit: make that three

Whompithian
8th October 2006, 9:53 AM
how does it spread? do you just walk around with a pokemon with it? i mean if you have a pokemon that has it answer fast cuz i only got 2 pokerus infectees left

edit: make that three
I only notice Pokerus spread after I battle a Pokemon. Just run around in the grass battling wild Pokemon. After each battle, check the status screen of the Pokemon you are trying to infect.

Darkmaster Rannon
8th October 2006, 3:49 PM
I couldnt find any shineys, Pokerussed or Good EV Pokemon even after I beat my Saphhire and completed the Dex!

but then I restart and right after helping Wally Catch a Wingull with Pokerus! or did it get Pokerus from battling that one guys Taillow? anyway its awesome!

~Bent~
8th October 2006, 4:19 PM
Everyone says that Pokerus is obtained through the use of contact moves. Is that a sure statement?

I've gotten Pokerus twice -- once in Crystal (somewhere in Silver Cave, though I've long since restarted that file) and once in Sapphire. Seeing as contact moves don't exist in the second gen, how would it work? Physical attacks? That's possible, I suppose.

The thing is, in Sapphire, I got mine while EV training a Regice in Petalburg Woods. And Regice only had special attacks -- that is, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (besides Toxic and Rest). None of those is a physical attack or a contact move, and I didn't catch any of the Pokemon while I was EV training. I know it was obtained during that short time in Petalburg Woods, because I only had 25 PP total for Regice's attacks and I had to keep going back to the Pokemon Center to heal.

As for spreading without a clock (i.e., FR/LG), anyone here tried it? Based on my experience, Pokerus spreads after battles only. Thus, if Pokemon 1 is first in party and has Pokerus:

1*

After a battle, there is a chance of it spreading Pokerus to the Pokemon adjacent. It doesn't spread after every battle, but about every other one. Thus, if it spreads:

1*
2*

And if we switch Pokemon 1 with Pokemon 5:

5*
2*
3*
4*
1*
6*

Thus, it appears that Pokerus, once you have it, is solely spread through battling. I don't see what the clock has to do with that. In fact, I've heard from other sources that if you trade a PokeRus'd Pokemon to FR/LG, you can spread it and it lasts forever due to the lack of a clock. So, would someone with a PokeRus'd pogey on FR/LG test and post the results?

Br26
8th October 2006, 8:26 PM
ah, so THATS what that dot means. since i trade a lot, a lot of my pokemon have caught pokerus, and i guess thats what it means when i saw those dots..

Av0idTheL1ght
8th October 2006, 9:24 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else posted this information:

I got Pokerus once by trading my Eevee from LG to Emerald, I put on a Exp Share, and went through the Pokemon league. Somehow by the time it got back to my LG, it had Pokerus. I never had it attack a wild Pokemon though.

pokebreeder
8th October 2006, 9:55 PM
Everyone says that Pokerus is obtained through the use of contact moves. Is that a sure statement?

I've gotten Pokerus twice -- once in Crystal (somewhere in Silver Cave, though I've long since restarted that file) and once in Sapphire. Seeing as contact moves don't exist in the second gen, how would it work? Physical attacks? That's possible, I suppose.

The thing is, in Sapphire, I got mine while EV training a Regice in Petalburg Woods. And Regice only had special attacks -- that is, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt (besides Toxic and Rest). None of those is a physical attack or a contact move, and I didn't catch any of the Pokemon while I was EV training. I know it was obtained during that short time in Petalburg Woods, because I only had 25 PP total for Regice's attacks and I had to keep going back to the Pokemon Center to heal.

As for spreading without a clock (i.e., FR/LG), anyone here tried it? Based on my experience, Pokerus spreads after battles only. Thus, if Pokemon 1 is first in party and has Pokerus:

1*

After a battle, there is a chance of it spreading Pokerus to the Pokemon adjacent. It doesn't spread after every battle, but about every other one. Thus, if it spreads:

1*
2*

5*
2*
3*
4*
1*
6*

Thus, it appears that Pokerus, once you have it, is solely spread through battling. I don't see what the clock has to do with that. In fact, I've heard from other sources that if you trade a PokeRus'd Pokemon to FR/LG, you can spread it and it lasts forever due to the lack of a clock. So, would someone with a PokeRus'd pogey on FR/LG test and post the results?

maybe you got physically attacked by one of the pokes you were ev training against but i doubt it

does your theory work in emerald also?

DarkBlast47
9th October 2006, 1:16 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked already, did a search and didn't really find anything so here's my question:

Say you have a pokemon with Pokerus and you(Trainer A) mix records with some one(Trainer B) with that pokemon on your team, If Trainer B goes into your secret base and fights that pokemon and smacks it around with some physical type moves, would their pokemon end up getting pokerus aswell?

I have never gotten Pokerus so I can't test it, just curious. Again I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

pikachu65
9th October 2006, 3:17 AM
I think it will get it. I am not 100% sure though.

Dratini927
9th October 2006, 3:25 AM
I'm going to merge this with the PokeRus FAQ in the 3rd Gen. General section, as this is where it should be.

*Merges*

ThegameHHH
9th October 2006, 3:36 AM
Does this include earthquake?

DarkBlast47
9th October 2006, 3:49 AM
I don't think so, ThegameHHH, mainly because it says physical contact moves, and earthquake is more of a pounding/slamming on the ground kind of effect, the user doesn't actually make contact with the infected pokemon, but I'm no expert and I've never gotten it before so meh.

Reason I ask about spreading Pokerus using the records is because even if you some how manage to forget to leave an infected pokemon in the box, or you forget who it is/release it on accident, you've always got that mixed record there to fight to re-aqcuire it.

davidone10
9th October 2006, 3:08 PM
If you battle a secret base pokemon with pokerus, will your pokemon get pokerus?

Quagsire from space
10th October 2006, 7:02 PM
My Kyogre got pokeRus today... :)

If I put the infected pokemon in the pc,will it spread to the other pokemons in the same box?

Whompithian
11th October 2006, 6:48 AM
My Kyogre got pokeRus today... :)

If I put the infected pokemon in the pc,will it spread to the other pokemons in the same box?
No. Pokerus can only spread within your party. But, the Pokemon in the PC will never lose its contagious Pokerus for as long as it is in there. You can even take it out - as long as it isn't in your party when the clock rolls past midnight - and it will still have Pokerus.

~Bent~
11th October 2006, 2:33 PM
I'll repeat this question, as it seems it got forgotten after the merge...

1*

1*
2*

5*
2*
3*
4*
1*
6*

Alzi
11th October 2006, 3:14 PM
I use to have pokerus ......i never knew what it was then after a couple of days my pokemon had a dot in it's sumery page i thought somthing was rong with my game so i started a new game...this was ages ago lol and now i wish i had it agen

Darkmaster Rannon
12th October 2006, 12:30 AM
I'll repeat this question, as it seems it got forgotten after the merge...

1*

1*
2*

5*
2*
3*
4*
1*
6*

I'd do it but can't find my link cable so its kinda hard to...

Br26
12th October 2006, 12:33 PM
So if I trade a Pokemon with PokeRus to the DS, will the Pokemon retain the Pokerus?

I have a lot of Pokemon with Pokerus..I got it randomly one time, and I traded it across games and its infected a lot of my Pokemon, lol. Right now they are in FR/LG..it cant go away since theres no clock, right?

Puubje
12th October 2006, 3:48 PM
Maybe a stupid question but my whole party has had pokerus but only zapdos;145; received higher stats while leveling up... attack and hp +7 and +8... but since he lost it, his stats didnt come higher then +2 and +3 and sometimes +4.. so i think it's nonsense that the black spot means that your pokemon still receives higher stats.. it only means that the pokemon HAD pokerus and won't be infected anymore..

Darkmaster Rannon
13th October 2006, 12:37 AM
Maybe a stupid question but my whole party has had pokerus but only zapdos;145; received higher stats while leveling up... attack and hp +7 and +8... but since he lost it, his stats didnt come higher then +2 and +3 and sometimes +4.. so i think it's nonsense that the black spot means that your pokemon still receives higher stats.. it only means that the pokemon HAD pokerus and won't be infected anymore..

its because the EVs have maxed and the stats go up like normal!
so there you go!

radar
13th October 2006, 1:08 AM
;026; i would like to know some stuff on the pokerus....if i give a pkmn the virus can i keep it with it forever if i put it in a pc before midnight?
2. i was traded a pkmn with the virus but it lost it five mins later, well before midnight....did i do something wrong?
3.dose a day pass ONLY at midnight in the game or dose a pkmn with the virus lose the virus after a total of 24 hours going by with it still infected?

thanks
-radar-

Black Widow
13th October 2006, 1:15 AM
Can't you catch a pokemon that's infected? I remember finding an Abra with it once on Saphire.

Whompithian
13th October 2006, 5:47 AM
So if I trade a Pokemon with PokeRus to the DS, will the Pokemon retain the Pokerus?

I have a lot of Pokemon with Pokerus..I got it randomly one time, and I traded it across games and its infected a lot of my Pokemon, lol. Right now they are in FR/LG..it cant go away since theres no clock, right?
I'm not sure what you're asking in your first question. You can't actually trade to a DS...you just put the game cartridge in a DS instead of a GBA. Since the internal clock that controls Pokerus is inside the game pak - not the GBA - puting the game in a different system won't stop Pokerus from disappearing naturally.

While it's true that Pokerus doesn't go away in FireRed/LeafGreen, it also won't spread in those games. You're better off leaving contagious Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald where the virus can spread.

i would like to know some stuff on the pokerus....if i give a pkmn the virus can i keep it with it forever if i put it in a pc before midnight?
2. i was traded a pkmn with the virus but it lost it five mins later, well before midnight....did i do something wrong?
3.dose a day pass ONLY at midnight in the game or dose a pkmn with the virus lose the virus after a total of 24 hours going by with it still infected?

thanks
-radar-
1. Yes, as long as you remember to save the game after putting it in the box.

2. There's nothing really you could have done. Are you sure that the Pokemon still had Pokerus when you performed the trade? Are you sure that the in-game time wasn't anywhere near midnight? Whatever the cause, you will just have to obtain Pokerus anew.

3. Yes, the counter on Pokerus only ticks down at midnight. You can keep your Pokemon in your party 23 hours and 59 minutes out of the day, deposit it in the box, wait for midnight to roll over then pull the Pokemon back out for as many days as you like and the Pokemon will never lose the fully contagious Pokerus. Many people, myself included, have one or more infected Pokemon that stays in the PC until it is needed to spread Pokerus to another Pokemon.

Alzi
19th October 2006, 11:24 AM
Can't you catch a pokemon that's infected? I remember finding an Abra with it once on Saphire.

i think you can....i used to have it on my ruby but then restarted my game because i thought it was somthing bad

whiscashuckle
23rd October 2006, 12:22 PM
How rare is it to get pokerus? I got pokerus on my gold twice in one year but i've never got it on any other games. Is it harder to get it on the other games or something?

Alzi
23rd October 2006, 12:26 PM
How rare is it to get pokerus? I got pokerus on my gold twice in one year but i've never got it on any other games. Is it harder to get it on the other games or something?

well it's usally just your luck

K3v1n
25th October 2006, 2:55 AM
What will hapen if kill a pokemon with pokerus using explosion killing your last Pokemon???

WhiteWizard42
25th October 2006, 3:57 AM
explosion isn't a contact move, it will never contract pokerus from a wild pogey.

radar
25th October 2006, 10:43 PM
i just got done working with the pokerus and you CAN ONLY HAVE IT ON A PKMN FOR A FEW HOURS....i was told that if i put said pkmn in the pc before midnight that it could has the pokerus forever but that its a lie....at lest in pokemon ruby-saphire and emarold i DONT know about pokemon leaf green or fire red yet.....this is just a fyi for everyone so if it sounds fishy....test it out yourself and inform everyone if it is....

-radar-

Whompithian
26th October 2006, 3:35 AM
i just got done working with the pokerus and you CAN ONLY HAVE IT ON A PKMN FOR A FEW HOURS....i was told that if i put said pkmn in the pc before midnight that it could has the pokerus forever but that its a lie....at lest in pokemon ruby-saphire and emarold i DONT know about pokemon leaf green or fire red yet.....this is just a fyi for everyone so if it sounds fishy....test it out yourself and inform everyone if it is....

-radar-
You need to have a better control environment for a test like that. You can't make an accurate claim based on one incident.

I have two Pokemon in Sapphire that have had Pokerus for over 2 years. I only pull them out in the middle of the day (according to the game's clock, not my own watch) and only long enough to infect other Pokemon before returning them to the PC. If I don't finish Effort Training the newly infected Pokemon, I place it in the PC before midnight, where I have yet to have one lose Pokerus. When I wan't to get rid of the Pokerus, I pull the Pokemon out of the PC and leave it in my party each night until it goes away (usually takes two nights).

Here are some things to remember about time passing in Ruby/Sapphire:

1) The clock is not necessarily set to the real time. If you were in another time zone or you set your clock during Daylight Savings Time, then midnight may occur in your game at a different time than you expect.

2) The clock is not very precise. My Sapphire clock has gained about 40 minutes and my Emerald game has lost about 15.

3) IMPORTANT: the clock runs whether or not your game is powered on. If one of your Pokemon gets Pokerus and you immediately save the game and turn it off, then you turn it back on in two days, your Pokemon won't have Pokerus any more, even though it was only infected for a couple of seconds. What matters for the Pokerus counter is the rollover to midnight, which the game keeps track of using an internal battery that keeps the game clock going even when your game pak is removed from your GBA.

Super Penguin
26th October 2006, 3:55 AM
....at lest in pokemon ruby-saphire and emarold i DONT know about pokemon leaf green or fire red yet.....

-radar-

You can't get the Pokerus in Fire red or leaf Green. The feature is time based, and since Fire and Leaf don't have clocks, they can't utilize the feature. However, this does not mean it disappears when you trade an infected pokemon over to Fire or Leaf. If you trade an infected monster to Fire or Leaf, the pokemon permanently keeps the condition, and it can't be lost since that is a time feature. However, this means that it can not be passed on either. This is the same for colosseum and XD.

radar
26th October 2006, 9:14 PM
You need to have a better control environment for a test like that. You can't make an accurate claim based on one incident.

I have two Pokemon in Sapphire that have had Pokerus for over 2 years. I only pull them out in the middle of the day (according to the game's clock, not my own watch) and only long enough to infect other Pokemon before returning them to the PC. If I don't finish Effort Training the newly infected Pokemon, I place it in the PC before midnight, where I have yet to have one lose Pokerus. When I wan't to get rid of the Pokerus, I pull the Pokemon out of the PC and leave it in my party each night until it goes away (usually takes two nights).

Here are some things to remember about time passing in Ruby/Sapphire:

1) The clock is not necessarily set to the real time. If you were in another time zone or you set your clock during Daylight Savings Time, then midnight may occur in your game at a different time than you expect.

2) The clock is not very precise. My Sapphire clock has gained about 40 minutes and my Emerald game has lost about 15.

3) IMPORTANT: the clock runs whether or not your game is powered on. If one of your Pokemon gets Pokerus and you immediately save the game and turn it off, then you turn it back on in two days, your Pokemon won't have Pokerus any more, even though it was only infected for a couple of seconds. What matters for the Pokerus counter is the rollover to midnight, which the game keeps track of using an internal battery that keeps the game clock going even when your game pak is removed from your GBA.

i just finshed with my tests in ruby/emerold and saphire and breloom, mewtwo, milotic, swampert, shuckle, flygon, alakazam, azumarill, arcanine, pinsir & eevee can only have the pokerus for a few hours....if your telling me i pent 2 weeks and that eleven pokemon are wrong then....i dont know what to say....but i did check my in game clock to see if it was on time and it was spot-on...but i'm going to start working on red and green later....in the next day or two...;026;

Goldliop
30th October 2006, 9:23 PM
waittaminute... how do you get the pokerus to spread to your other pokemon?

radar
30th October 2006, 10:38 PM
waittaminute... how do you get the pokerus to spread to your other pokemon?

in ruby, emerold and saphire you can spred the pokerus from one pkmn to anuther by walking around...
pkmn 1 has the virus and you need the pkmn you want to get it right next to pkmn1 who has the virus....

in leaf green and fire red you cant spred it....
;026;

Alzi
4th November 2006, 7:49 AM
just put the pokemon in your box then it will spread to other pokemon in your box

Mirai Mirai
7th November 2006, 5:06 PM
just put the pokemon in your box then it will spread to other pokemon in your box

Wrong.

Pokerus will not spread when the infected Pokemon is in the box. However, Pokerus will not go away if the said Pokemon is in the box.

The infected Pokemon will only spread the disease if is in the party.

Francesc
9th November 2006, 1:51 PM
Wrong.

Pokerus will not spread when the infected Pokemon is in the box. However, Pokerus will not go away if the said Pokemon is in the box.

Yep :) . Too bad after the pokerus goes off, the affected pokemon is inmune to it...:(

?!?lounasta?!?
11th November 2006, 2:50 PM
how rare is pokeruss and if i put pokemon with pokeruss to computer will the other pokemons be in the pokeruss too???

RoboRaph
12th November 2006, 12:05 AM
Yes.
Pokerus Probability: 3/65536
Shiny Probability: 8/65536

A minor correction lol, remember zero is counted so the number is one higher when stating the probability.

Anyway someone traded me a Charmander with Pokérus today at the MK event, I put it in the PC right away.

Alzi
12th November 2006, 4:39 AM
Wrong.

Thats why i had the black dot in my old saved file of ruby...it never spread so it just went away

ty_kwon_dork
14th November 2006, 12:07 AM
Poke Rus roks i had it for almost 2 weeks straight and my pokemon leveled up so fast it was scary

RoboRaph
15th November 2006, 12:17 PM
Poke Rus roks i had it for almost 2 weeks straight and my pokemon leveled up so fast it was scary

It will not affect the speed you gain levels, only the Lucky Egg or traded Pokémon will do that, but Pokérus will double the EVs you gain, increasing your stats on level-up, until you reach the EV cap.

I only notice Pokerus spread after I battle a Pokemon. Just run around in the grass battling wild Pokemon. After each battle, check the status screen of the Pokemon you are trying to infect.

That was my experience as well.. it wouldn't spread if I just ran around, only after a battle, some of the time. This leads me to believe that it might spread on FR/LG/XD/Colo, so I will try trading to those games to test it. If it still doesn't work, it won't be because of not having a clock, unless it's based on time AND battles.

K3v1n
19th November 2006, 1:30 AM
Would you try to clone it and send it to colo.?

Pokedexcompleter
20th November 2006, 11:47 PM
i got pkrs from a trade on a shuppet but i didnt no how 2 spread it and it dissapeared

Deoxys Breeder
25th November 2006, 7:51 AM
I got a bad egg but I never used the pokerus to an advantage
I heard fake rumors that it's bad for your pokemon
I quarintened it only a seedot and a sweeblu are infected
I work my pokemon via exp-share I never use the pokerus

MacX
27th November 2006, 12:27 AM
HORRAY! I got someone to give me a Pokevirus Ditto! XD

Commander Blitzkrieg
27th November 2006, 1:46 AM
I have a Cacturne with PokeRus.

latiaswindblast
27th November 2006, 7:41 PM
I had it in ruby... my starter mudkip had it...

PokeShinyMaster
27th November 2006, 7:50 PM
I don't if someone has already asked this but what are the odds of finding a pokemon with pokerus? I've already read some odds which are kinda weird.

One was 1/65536 and the other was 1/24576 I think.

WhiteWizard42
27th November 2006, 9:32 PM
the actual odds are 3/65536.

Raikou77
5th December 2006, 11:27 PM

Wow that's rarer than finding a shiny(1/8192 i think)

Tentacruel73
9th December 2006, 2:39 AM
Is Pokerus considered a condition status and can you still get a condition status.

WhiteWizard42
9th December 2006, 2:49 AM
it isn't a status condition, as shown by the fact that it stays after you use the pokemon center.

you can still get a status condition when you have pokerus.

Cole16
10th December 2006, 5:04 AM
Is the pokemon with the virus at any location or is it in a certain spot?

Raikou77
10th December 2006, 4:22 PM
Is the pokemon with the virus at any location or is it in a certain spot?

No, any wild pokemon can have it you just have to be lucky to battle one with it then it'll spread to ur pokemon.

luckyporygon
12th December 2006, 4:25 AM
What Are The Chances Of Getting Pokerus

PokeShinyMaster
12th December 2006, 4:45 AM
What Are The Chances Of Getting Pokerus

That was in the same page. o.o

luckyporygon
12th December 2006, 6:34 AM
That was in the same page. o.o

oh sorry im retarded and cool

Felidire
13th December 2006, 9:58 AM
Just realized my whole party is infected..
I was just running the league over and over in the past few days, the only move I used that makes physical contact is fly. Which means I must have picked it up off of either dusclops, ludicolo, cacturne, or milotic.
Not from a wild pokemon.

I was sort of surprised..

Sceptile_rules06
15th December 2006, 7:18 PM
ha aha ha my internal battery has gone so that means my pokerus can never go ha ha ha ha

Felidire
16th December 2006, 5:17 AM
ha aha ha my internal battery has gone so that means my pokerus can never go ha ha ha ha
Also means you can't get my 2 favourite poke's ;_;

Pokemonger49777
16th December 2006, 3:59 PM
GOD ****IN DAMMIT!! The internal battery on my emerald is dead, so even if I got pkrs, it wouldn't spread. Where can I get a new battery put in?

Black Widow
16th December 2006, 6:00 PM
I wouldn't bother buying a new battery. I tried that with my Ruby and just messed it up. You're better off getting a new Emerald and transfering everything over, tbh.

WhiteWizard42
16th December 2006, 6:01 PM
GOD ****IN DAMMIT!! The internal battery on my emerald is dead, so even if I got pkrs, it wouldn't spread. Where can I get a new battery put in?

not true. pokerus's spreading isn't based on time, it happens after pokemon battles. it's only the wearing-off that's time-dependent.

Black Widow
16th December 2006, 7:04 PM
So the Pokerus wouldn't ever go away?

Sceptile_rules06
16th December 2006, 7:06 PM
well pokerus goes after TIME so if your internal battery is gone.........

ShadowTiger
25th December 2006, 10:13 PM
I thought you got pokerus just by simply entering into battle with a pokemon, say it isn't so.

DarkPsychoBoost
28th December 2006, 7:27 PM
My Pokemon got pokerus once while i was playing pokemon emerald. I got it after my second battle with Winona. I didnt know about EV's or anything so i lost it...................

ThomasN64
30th December 2006, 3:44 PM
Dratini927: I see a dot next to where it used to say PKRS, what happened?
- If you see a dot in the Status area, that means the Pokemon has lost the PokeRus virus and can never get it again. PokeRus tends to leave quickly, so be sure to get your training in quickly if you want the added effects of the virus to help your Pokemon's stats. Even after your Pokemon loses the PokeRus status, and gets the dot, it will still gain the double EV values always.

Quikly trade it to a Firered/Leafgreen and tran it not only with PKRS but with duoble exp.

PsyDragon Trainer
3rd January 2007, 1:38 PM
Just realized my whole party is infected..
I was just running the league over and over in the past few days, the only move I used that makes physical contact is fly. Which means I must have picked it up off of either dusclops, ludicolo, cacturne, or milotic.
Not from a wild pokemon.

I was sort of surprised..
Same thing happened to me, I got it through the E4, because that was the only thing I fighted, probably with the Crunch move from my Raikou.

donovantxeevee
4th January 2007, 6:53 AM
ive caught pokerus on NEW YEARS eve on my solorock while looking for chimeco ive had for about three days and have been storing the pokemon in my box until i am ready to ev train which takes really long and is really boring

rippersteveM5
16th January 2007, 6:01 AM
well, my friend got traded a pokemon with pokerus (i think) and he infected his whole PC(on purpose)

The_master_trainer
18th January 2007, 8:17 PM
I got mine from the Battle frontier.

AJslashSD
23rd January 2007, 6:01 AM
I first caught pokerus with my Gulpin around route 110. I was a noob back then and had no idea what it does. I thought it was a bad thing. So you know what I did? I released my infected Gulpin and Sceptile! Awahhhh!!! Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!

Clash
24th January 2007, 7:02 AM
What are the chances of getting Pokerus? eg. 1/2893 chance

warnerbroman
30th January 2007, 12:55 AM
I got pokerus today
but no shiny

kirkeastment
30th January 2007, 1:01 AM

unbelievable i've got 5 shinies but i've never had pkrs not since the days of G/S/C

warnerbroman
30th January 2007, 1:27 AM
unbelievable i've got 5 shinies but i've never had pkrs not since the days of G/S/C

for some reason that makes me feel really good

now I am spreading it

also I got this on my sapphire and they say that the clock based events won't occur so I my have it forever if this is true

I have a factory

but just in case

If I deposit a infected pokemon

and it pkrus is gone

and I WITHDRAW will it still spread?

Timberland
30th January 2007, 2:43 AM
"also I got this on my sapphire and they say that the clock based events won't occur so I my have it forever if this is true"

You are my hero. Does it still spread if the clocked base events don't work?
I believe they have to be in the party with the said pokerus pokemon. Also it's good to see that someone elses clock doesn't work. How did it happen to yours?

warnerbroman
30th January 2007, 3:04 AM
"also I got this on my sapphire and they say that the clock based events won't occur so I my have it forever if this is true"

You are my hero. Does it still spread if the clocked base events don't work?
I believe they have to be in the party with the said pokerus pokemon. Also it's good to see that someone elses clock doesn't work. How did it happen to yours?
batterie died

I discover the virus shiny hunting this mourning so I am wondering will the virus stay if the clock stopped we will see

funny the shiny cacnea and this virus revived my sapphire

I t has been 24hrs and the virus is still here awsome

Timberland
31st January 2007, 4:59 PM
Its a three day thing I believe so if it doesnt leave in 2 more days then its good.

warnerbroman
1st February 2007, 12:59 AM
Its a three day thing I believe so if it doesnt leave in 2 more days then its good.
then I will wait tomorrow

Gin_no_Soyokaze
18th February 2007, 7:58 PM
When I first got Ruby, I contracted Pokerus from some zigzagoons I was battling. I freaked out when Nurse Joy told me about it and I restarted my game. Now that I know what it does I feel so stupid.

shinydarkrai
27th February 2007, 7:27 PM
does putting a pokemon in the box reset the count?

Taylor Ray
3rd March 2007, 3:59 PM
Reset the count of what, days. No, It helps you because it can't go away while in the PC.

Raikou77
4th March 2007, 7:20 AM
When I was SR'ing for my Regice, 2 of them I caught had pkRS. Isn't that really rare? My Dugtrio(w/ pkRS) was in my party, does that effect the chances of catching a pokemon w/ pkRS? Or was it just pure luck?

warnerbroman
5th March 2007, 4:11 AM
When I was SR'ing for my Regice, 2 of them I caught had pkRS. Isn't that really rare? My Dugtrio(w/ pkRS) was in my party, does that effect the chances of catching a pokemon w/ pkRS? Or was it just pure luck?
pure luck my friend

warnerbroman
5th March 2007, 4:12 AM
pure luck my friend

Raikou77
5th March 2007, 4:16 AM
W:oW, I could've gotten so many shinies instead of that. I already had pkRS anyway. (Earlier when I caught my Relicanth for unlocking the Regis, it happened to have pkRS too)

BAM
6th March 2007, 3:31 AM
Wait, so even after the pokerus goes away,the pokemon that was infected still gets double Evs?

Mirai Mirai
7th March 2007, 4:59 PM
Wait, so even after the pokerus goes away,the pokemon that was infected still gets double Evs?

In short? Yeah.

Mew3
7th March 2007, 5:18 PM
^Only if the Pokemon gets the dit in it's summary screen.

BAM
8th March 2007, 4:14 AM
Ok, Thanks.

Benjamin
11th March 2007, 3:18 AM
Does the PokeRus still double EVs if they are gained from vitamins such as Protein, Carbos, Zinc, etc?

WhiteWizard42
11th March 2007, 5:56 AM
no, pokerus and macho brace only double EVs earned in battle.

Kurashima
11th March 2007, 5:59 AM
good thing i found this thread, i've been trying to spread the pokerus from an infected pkmn into my LG party for more than two weeks...

BAM
11th March 2007, 6:34 AM
The pokerus doesent spread in Lg or Fr. It has to be in R/S/E.

Mirai Mirai
12th March 2007, 2:00 PM
good thing i found this thread, i've been trying to spread the pokerus from an infected pkmn into my LG party for more than two weeks...

Won't work. FR/LG doesn't have a clock system unlike R/S/E.

CyberSapphire
15th March 2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the advice,now I know to keep the Pokemon in storage

Wynaut?
15th March 2007, 1:15 PM
What's more common - the Pokérus or Shiny Pokémon?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm just curious :)

WhiteWizard42
15th March 2007, 7:36 PM
pokerus is rarer than a shiny pokemon.

the odds of any random wild pokemon having pokerus is 3/65536, and of it being shiny is 8/65536.

shinies are almost 3x as common.

payne
16th March 2007, 7:11 AM
yay i got the pokerus on my shiny lombre. what happens after that

warnerbroman
17th March 2007, 10:04 PM
yay i got the pokerus on my shiny lombre. what happens after that

DO NOT LOSE IT!!!

Mon_Goose
17th March 2007, 11:09 PM
My friend was lucky enough to get a pokemon with Pokerus on their game! In my old game, I got Pokerus from a friend who got it from her first wild Pokemon, believe it or not (either that or the first wild pokemon got it later). But, sadly, I had to erase that game, Jirachi and all.

Anyhow, he got it from a wild Pokemon, and just one pokemon was left with it (the rest got over it). I kept the Pokerus pokemon in a box, and told him not to bring it out no matter what. I can only hope that a pokemon there still has it.

Mikaruge84
19th March 2007, 12:28 PM
I have pokerus on my ruby. Luckily like I was, I was leveling upp pokemon for battle frontier so my pokemons are really good now.

Mon_Goose
20th March 2007, 12:16 AM
I got the Pokemon a few days ago... But the Pokerus won't spread in my Emerald. I'll go read the FAQ to see if my answer's there.

Mew3
20th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Is your battery dry? Also try battling a bit.

Hunter-Z
20th March 2007, 12:31 AM
with the infected pokemon and have a pokemon that can catch it right behind it.

froggiepaul
20th March 2007, 12:57 PM
in all my years playing pokemon games i have never seen a shiny but i have gotten the pokerus in every game . i have never played right through a game without getting pokerus but still waiting to see a shiny..

at the moment i got it in my emerald and it spread when i was training my marshtomp

Mon_Goose
21st March 2007, 12:07 AM
Oops... I wasn't putting it in my party... but it's all better now!

Br26
28th March 2007, 10:34 AM
I got Pokerus from a Sapphire save, from then on most of my Pokemon caught it..a bunch of them are still effected :)

Arri
5th April 2007, 8:27 PM
Just got Pokerus this morning :D Wasn't expecting it, was just out shiny hunting

Inazuma
5th April 2007, 8:29 PM
Congrats.
Got Pokerus yesterday from EV training.

warnerbroman
5th April 2007, 8:44 PM
Congrats.
Got Pokerus yesterday from EV training.

congrats I still got thank to no time on sapph

sunny13
6th April 2007, 4:16 PM
My whole party got pokerus once, and it lasted just one day and they have never gotten it since. Are ther any pokemon that are more likly to have pokerus than others?

Taylor Ray
6th April 2007, 5:44 PM
No,Sunny, the chance is always the same.

4th Generation Master
13th April 2007, 4:47 PM
I was EV traing my team (Blaze/Umb/Esp/Ky/Gro/Ray) to prepare them for D/P and was so shocked when I went to the Pokemon Center and they all had Pokerus! My question is, if my clock has run dry on Emerald, does that mean I will never lose Pokerus?

Ali_q8
13th April 2007, 10:57 PM
i've read once in cheatcc.com that u can get the pokerus in route 107 *need surf *

is that true ?

Ali_q8
13th April 2007, 10:58 PM
i've read once in cheatcc.com that u can get the pokerus in route 107 *need surf *

is that true ?

Scepgatr
14th April 2007, 7:17 AM
Pokérus is rare thing. There is no way to increase the chances of obtaining it. Just keep fighting as many foes as possible with contact moves.

metal mewtwo
20th April 2007, 6:17 AM
cool all my pokemon that i usually use have it

metal mewtwo
20th April 2007, 6:19 AM
i also heard a rumor that route 117 is way easier to get pokemon with pokerus

Rikurai
25th April 2007, 9:03 PM
Wait hold up. My Lucario had pokerus and I went to the PC and she said you pokemon has pokerus and you said that he would have PKRS by the status thing. I don't. I never did but the PC lady said I did. I saw something that had a smiley face, except that the mouth had a straight line rather then a smile.
So... can you explain?

-$Ci(-P-)$-
8th May 2007, 7:48 PM
I want pokerus for my Salamance, is that possible??

GetThunderStruck
8th May 2007, 9:27 PM
Does PokeRus really increase the chances of shiny pokemon?

((Sorry if it's been answered, I can't really check, my computer is really messed up ATM...))

GetThunderStruck
8th May 2007, 9:28 PM

((Sorry if it's been answered, I can't really check, my computer is really messed up ATM...))

GetThunderStruck
8th May 2007, 9:29 PM

GetThunderStruck
8th May 2007, 9:30 PM

GetThunderStruck
8th May 2007, 9:33 PM

WhiteWizard42
8th May 2007, 11:43 PM
don't post the same thing 5 times.

pokerus has nothing to do with the probability of finding shiny pokemon.

-$Ci(-P-)$-
9th May 2007, 8:38 AM

I think that that must be possible.

Alycehunt
9th May 2007, 6:17 PM
I thought that Pokerus and Shinies were completely different!;194;

WhiteWizard42
10th May 2007, 12:43 AM
pokerus has nothing to do with the chances of finding a shiny.

pichufan25
12th May 2007, 1:39 PM
i'm playing this game for about 300 hours and still not found it and all my friends have played the game for about 100 hours and all have got it

pichufan25
12th May 2007, 1:43 PM
pokerus is just like a shiny pokemon, the chance is small that you find t but you can find it everywhere but you need to catch or attack the wild pokemon to get it (if he has it)

raver223
12th May 2007, 1:55 PM
pokerus has nothing to do with the chances of finding a shiny.

beg to differ, PKRS for me equaled a shiny weepinbell and gloom (Gloom I didn't catch) in same hour.

K-flygon
12th May 2007, 2:06 PM
^ i never came across a pokemon with pokerus...ive been playing for over 200 hours

SpriterRs!
12th May 2007, 2:17 PM
I have 6 Pokemon effected.

K-flygon
13th May 2007, 10:39 AM
^ what ?? how did you get 6 of your pokemon infercet??