PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Power (Im lost)

SkimI3oarder
28th March 2006, 12:50 AM
Im quite lost on how hidden power is supposed to be a "uber-l337" move. I see on move sets its sometimes HP water, sometimes HP fire. Im quite lost, anyone able to explain

*Puts on flame-resistant jacket*

emeraldellie
28th March 2006, 1:53 AM
Well, it can allow Pokemon to have a move of a certain type that they couldn't have any other way. A base power of 70 isn't exactly terrible, either.

SkimI3oarder
28th March 2006, 2:12 AM
Well, it can allow Pokemon to have a move of a certain type that they couldn't have any other way. A base power of 70 isn't exactly terrible, either.

Ok but for example how come on a jolteon moveset it has HP Water (on smogon i believe)

How does that happen?

enflamedsteelix
28th March 2006, 3:04 AM
Hidden power's type depends on the stats of the pokemon attack,defence, speed, etc and determined by those stats is how the type base of hidden power is determined.

For a more detailed explanation look here
hidden power explanation (http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml)

O, and this should go more in general pokemon because this forum is only for gold and silver game's, just letting you know for future reference

SkimI3oarder
28th March 2006, 4:32 AM
Hidden power's type depends on the stats of the pokemon attack,defence, speed, etc and determined by those stats is how the type base of hidden power is determined.

For a more detailed explanation look here
hidden power explanation (http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml)

O, and this should go more in general pokemon because this forum is only for gold and silver game's, just letting you know for future reference
Ok so while following the tutorial for calculating the HP type, I do exactly what they say, and I get a value nowhere close for what they describe. I think the problem is in this setence here:

If by chance you happen to get a number that is not odd or divisible by two, then that particular variable will be equal to zero. Now say the Ninetales from before had these IVs

That a direct quote from the tutorial and the pokemon used there is a ninetails with a defense of 30. Since the number is not odd, it is divisible by two which should be 15....But the tutorial put the value as 0....im kinda lost at how that happened.

enflamedsteelix
28th March 2006, 5:54 AM
Ok so while following the tutorial for calculating the HP type, I do exactly what they say, and I get a value nowhere close for what they describe. I think the problem is in this setence here:

If by chance you happen to get a number that is not odd or divisible by two, then that particular variable will be equal to zero. Now say the Ninetales from before had these IVs

That a direct quote from the tutorial and the pokemon used there is a ninetails with a defense of 30. Since the number is not odd, it is divisible by two which should be 15....But the tutorial put the value as 0....im kinda lost at how that happened.

It says that if its not odd OR DIVISIBLE BY TWO meaning that if it is even or divisible by 2 it is 0 not to divide it by two.

SkimI3oarder
28th March 2006, 6:48 AM
It says that if its not odd OR DIVISIBLE BY TWO meaning that if it is even or divisible by 2 it is 0 not to divide it by two.

ahh i get it now

Ok i have one more question.

Is it possible the move might change based on the pokemon level up (IE the stats changing from 10 speed to 110 speed) or does it stay constant on that one pokemon?

enflamedsteelix
28th March 2006, 4:22 PM
Once the hidden power Tm is used it takes the current stats and makes the type after that it is constant with that one type and doesnt change with the level up system.

SkimI3oarder
28th March 2006, 4:34 PM
Once the hidden power Tm is used it takes the current stats and makes the type after that it is constant with that one type and doesnt change with the level up system.

Ahhh ok I see, thanks alot for the help, you really cleared up things for me in something that I had no clue about.

enflamedsteelix
28th March 2006, 4:37 PM
Ahhh ok I see, thanks alot for the help, you really cleared up things for me in something that I had no clue about.

No prob's dude, anytime. Mods feel free to close this thread now that the answer has been found.

The Organizer
31st March 2006, 1:40 PM
Just look at the main site, it has all the info, also try smogon.