PDA

View Full Version : RPG Tutors

not_awake
28th March 2006, 6:10 PM
There are many problems that plague RP's. As we all know, sometimes (i.e. a lot of times) people don't read the rules. Or if they have just don't follow them very well. And some people just aren't very good RP'ers when they start. But you ask yourself "What can I do to alleviate the suffering of good RP'ers?".

Well, here's what I'm suggesting. Perhaps some more experienced RP'ers with some time on their hands could tutor a few newbs (lord, I hate that word). Fledgling members can sign up with an experienced member who will help them by proofreading posts and offering up suggestions on how to add details or round out characters. Criticism in this context wouldn't seem as harsh I think.

Eventually, an old timer could lead these apt pupils through a RP, sort of as a final exam. When they've successfully completed their tutoring, perhaps the could receive a small token indicating their status as a proficient RP'er.

Or not. It's a thought. It may help to speed up the progress of some new RP'ers which can only mean good things for the board.

Lemurian
28th March 2006, 7:34 PM
It has been tried with a sort of course for new RPers, but it didn't work out quite well.

RaZoR LeAf
28th March 2006, 7:52 PM
The problem is people try too hard for it. You can see it just by comparing samples with actual RPG posts. They work hard to get into an RPG, by writing long multi-paragraph samples, but when it comes to the actual event, they are back to one paragraph or less.