PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Myojin of Life's Web

~RaikouRider243~
29th March 2006, 4:54 PM
We looked at all the Leylines, now let's look at all the Myojin.

Myojin of Life's Web
Champions of Kamigawa Rare

6GGG: Legendary Creature - Spirit

Myojin of Life’s Web comes into play with a divinity counter on it if you played it from your hand.
Myojin of Life’s Web is indestructible as long as it has a divinity counter on it.
Remove a divinity counter from Myojin of Life’s Web: Put any number of creature cards from your hand into play.

8/8

I'm glad that this set will be phasing out of Type 2 when Dissension is released. This is one reason why Kamigawa was a crazy block. First of all, you're paying 9 for an indestructible bowling ball. Just toss Pariah's Shield (http://gatherer.wizards.com/gathererlookup.asp?name=pariah%27s+shield) on it and you're pretty much safe for the rest of the game unless you're playing against black....and that problem is something a Jitte can fix rather easily. Furthermore, you can pop the counter for instant field presence. Cycle, cycle, cycle until you get...Hey look, you just summoned a mess of big creatures, now you just need to give them haste!

4.5/5

Shadow Trainer
29th March 2006, 5:28 PM
The 8/8 body and indestructability are nice, but the effect and nine mana cost are not. 2/5

Also Kamigawa block will not cycle out of type 2 until September 20th.

chaoslord
29th March 2006, 10:49 PM
The 8/8 body and indestructability are nice, but the effect and nine mana cost are not. 2/5

Also Kamigawa block will not cycle out of type 2 until September 20th.

You win the thread. Thats about all there is to this card.

And really? I thought it rotated in october..eh, oh well. Regardless, a lot of people will be glad to see kamigawa go. Im not sure if I will be, it depends on if Time Spiral is, in fact, a mechanic-oriented block like those scans want me to believe.

klducks
30th March 2006, 12:01 AM
And really? I thought it rotated in october..eh, oh well. Regardless, a lot of people will be glad to see kamigawa go. Im not sure if I will be, it depends on if Time Spiral is, in fact, a mechanic-oriented block like those scans want me to believe.
It's hard to see Gifts Ungiven go since every deck that is based around it is very strategic, which is what i like. Todays metagame is boring. It's either Zoo this or Gruul that. bleh.

Felix Feral Fezirix
30th March 2006, 6:59 AM
Not really I wouldn't mind paying that nine mana for taht kind of creature. I mean, I already have no problems about paying 9 mana for the 9/9 Krojan Colossus, and this is a heck lot better.

After that, all you need to do is to plonk down that killer power boost to all creatures and watch your opponent die. Hehehehe. Selesnya players might want this. And indestructablility until the counter's removal is a huge boost. Well, Ferropede will waste it, but athat's beside the point.

Yay for this card! 5/5

I think Kamigawa was just insane. YOu have so many legendary creatures it's not even funny, and all of them are pretty tough. Graagh. Especially cards like this. I need to buy Kamigawa to get one of those insane cards before there aren't any more......

skiboydoggy
30th March 2006, 1:34 PM
Heh...The average uberly large deck says HEY! GIMME THAT! Too bad Green lacks the giant creatures tom abuse this card.

~RaikouRider243~
30th March 2006, 5:12 PM
Selesnya players might want this. And indestructablility until the counter's removal is a huge boost. Well, Ferropede will waste it, but that's beside the point.

I thought the same, as well, but I decided not to play one in my Selesnya deck. I'd rather play a second Tolsimir; he'll make your saprolings beefy. First of all, any card in your deck that costs more than 6 should have Convoke unless you're running a set of Llanowars or other forms of mana accel. Selesnya doesn't need mana accel with all the convoking it should be doing.

In addition, I didn't specify this in my initial review, but there ARE ways to get around indestructability, particularly in white. Any card like Chastise that can remove it from the game...or even any card that can steal, like Confiscate. Of course in the latter case, you can just pop the counter in response...and throw around big things like Autochton Wurm, Force of Nature, etc.

Felix Feral Fezirix
31st March 2006, 6:23 AM
I know. But still, I find it pretty bad sometimes when I have a hand chock-full of giant creatures waiting to be played, and then this is my answer.

Plus it's 8/8, which would make it one of the biggest creatures in my deck. Chuck in Pollenbright Wings or Fists of Ironwood, and we're set.

Oh, and as for Pariah's shield, there's a cheaper but less permanent alternative: Pariah: 3 mana, redirect all damage done to you to target creature. The sad part is that it's an enchantment. Not very permanent, but can be placed on opponent's creature.....

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't Shell of the Lost Kappa allow you to get back cards from outside of the game? Or is my memory failing me horribly?