PDA

View Full Version : poor man's BLS

mecha-man
29th March 2006, 7:54 PM
Here's a deck I came up with, or two known decks I fused, depends on which way you look at it.

Blugia

3 Marill (DS)
3 Azumarill (TRR)
3 Squirtle (FR/LG #83)
3 Wartortle (FR/LG)
1 Blastoise EX (FR/LG)
1 Lugia EX (UF)
4 Holon's Electrode (DS)
2 Holon's Magneton (DS)

4 Mt. Moon
2 Prof. Oak's Research
2 Professor Birch
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Celio's Network
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Rare Candy
3 Pokémon Retriever
3 Oran Berry

14 Water Energy

Because I don't have Steelix EX (and only one each of Blastoise EX and Lugia EX) I decided to do a cheap version of BLS(Blastoise EX, Lugia EX and Steelix EX). Leaving out all that has to do with Steelix EX was my first move, obviously. Then I decided to add a different strategy that goes well with the Squirtle line.

The basic idea behind Azumarill is that it can paralyze without needing a coin flip by coming into play (It needs to be played from your hand onto your active Pokémon to do that). When you've played your Azumarill correctly you can get it back with Mr. Briney's Compassion or with Super scoop up. In it's place you put an Squirtle or Wartortle, you place Marill on your bench, you attack with Smash Turn and you switch your Pokémon for Marill. Next turn you play Azumarill again and start the whole circle again, Allowing you to stall untill...

...You whip out Blastoise EX and Lugia EX. Blastoise's power gets your Lugia two water energy cards and they don't count towards your one energy per turn. Then you play Holon's Magneton or Electrode as an energy card, this way it will provide two energy for the pokémon it's attached to returning an water energy to your handNow look at your Lugia Ex, it has three energy on it: one water and two of any kind but providing two energy at a time. This allows you to use Lugia's attack: Elemental Blast which does 200 Damage!

The draw engine is a mishmash of cards you can find anywhere. If anyone knows how to improve this, please let me know. Rare Candy let's your Pokémon evolve quickly. Pokémon Retriever can bring back a knocked out Pokémon so you can use it again. Oran Berry will allow you to heal your Lugia EX after you attached some Energy via Blastoise EX to it.

Please Rate/Fix/Copy and use for your own.

Alakazam
30th March 2006, 12:14 AM
I would use Absol from LM, a Holon Farmer or so and a few Power Tree because you don't have any special energy.

mecha-man
31st March 2006, 6:10 AM
What does Absol from LM do that is so special that this deck can't go without?

Alakazam
6th April 2006, 10:04 PM
It gets an EX from your deck.

Shiloh Phoenix
7th April 2006, 3:18 AM
prof. elm's training method is better. and you think 1 blastoise ex will get the job done? lol.

mecha-man
7th April 2006, 8:22 AM
prof. elm's training method is better. and you think 1 blastoise ex will get the job done? lol.
No, I don't. I think I will never get another. You should have read everything I said at the first post.

Shiloh Phoenix
7th April 2006, 6:49 PM
I did. I'll trade you one, mine is japanese.

Stantler66
7th April 2006, 10:02 PM
decent deck IMO, i suggest adding some more energies though

Dark_Shiny_Charizard
8th April 2006, 12:28 AM
Put Holons trode & tron under water energies to state that you are going to use them as energies it makes it easier to read

mecha-man
9th April 2006, 3:49 PM
Put Holons trode & tron under water energies to state that you are going to use them as energies it makes it easier to read
But there Pokémon. o_0
And they can be taken from your discard pile with Pokémon retriever. :)