PDA

View Full Version : Which is better? Two HL-on deck ideas...

Chibi Pika
31st March 2006, 12:18 AM
I'm surprised that with the death of RAMBO in HL-on, that no one's made a deck out of Delta Dragonite and Manectric EX. They're almost the same.

I've been toying with two decks for a while now, and before I search for the last few cards to complete one or the other, I want to know which one I should play. They're very similar in structure and strategy, but they differ in a few key cards.

"Thunder's RageFlame"

Pokemon x16
Zapdos EX x1
Charmander x2
Charizard EX x1
Dratini(Delta) x3
Dragonite(Delta) x2
Electrike x3
Manectric EX x2
Plusle(Deoxys) x1

Trainers x24
Professor Elm's Training Method x4
Rare Candy x4
TV Reporter x3
Bill's Maintenance x2
Lanette's Net Search x2
Dual Ball x2
Holon Lass x2
Warp Point x2
Energy Restore x2
Power Tree x1

Energy x20
Lightning Energy x8
Fire Energy x4
Metal Energy x4
Boost Energy x4

The next one is a little less Evolution intensive, and needed to be more diverse energy-wise even though it's pure Lightning because it replaces Charizard with Lugia as the 200-Damage heavy-hitter.

"Dragon Storm"

Pokemon x20
Zapdos EX x1
Lugia EX x1
Dratini(Delta) x3
Dragonair(Delta) x2
Dragonite(Delta) x2
Electrike x3
Manectric EX x2
Plusle(Deoxys) x1
Holon's Magneton x4

Trainers x22
Professor Elm's Training Method x4
TV Reporter x4
Bill's Maintenance x2
Lanette's Net Search x2
Dual Ball x2
Holon Lass x4
Warp Point x2
Energy Restore x2

Energy x18
Lightning Energy x10
Metal Energy x4
Rainbow Energy x4

I'm leaning towards Storm right now, although I'd have to get my hands on a Lugia EX and I already have the ChEX for RageFlame... Either way, Zapdos is the main guy. Usually I can get him out and fully powered on turn 3, turn 2 at best, to shred through the opponent while they're wasting their time to get out Jirachi, Magcargo, and Pidgeot. Then when he finally falls, use Manectric to hit the opponent's EXs while they're defenseless on the bench. It should be easy to get a Dragonite out fast, and you can use Delta Charge to Mega Shot turn after turn after turn.

But sometimes there's an EX that for the love of God, just will not DIE. That's where ChEX or Lugia comes in. If you sense trouble, just start Delta Charging it and then if things really go downhill, PETM/RC/Boost into a Burn Down, or Rainbow/HolonMag. into an Elemental Blast. This is especially important since way too many people play ChEX at the tournaments I go to.

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;