PDA

View Full Version : Will This Be A Good Thread?

Captain Brain
31st March 2006, 12:25 AM
Do You have a thread you don't know will be good or where to put it, post idea for thread here and get it rated by others.;025;

Angeling
31st March 2006, 12:35 AM
What? I don't this belongs here; maybe the Misc. Polls or something. If you don't know where to put a thread, then don't post it? Or ask a staff member. Why do you need to post for an idea for a thread or to get it rated? There is already that option for threads here. >_>

Eszett
31st March 2006, 12:39 AM
There is a simpler way to do this. It's called posting the thread. :(

If people want to discuss it, they'll post in it. If it's not where it should be, a mod will move it.

The facilities of a society are quite wondrous in that they usually work. ;o

Captain Brain
31st March 2006, 12:45 AM
I think moderators would prefer a thread like this then having to close twenty other bad threads and with the time they save actually get to post their opinions. ;025;

Swampy
31st March 2006, 12:45 AM
O.o A thread asking help for other threads? Yeah, this isn't need. Just make a thread that makes sense and you should be fine...

Eszett
31st March 2006, 12:55 AM
I think moderators would prefer a thread like this then having to close twenty other bad threads and with the time they save actually get to post their opinions. ;025;Did you ask any of them about this? The thought certainly counts, but you oughtn't be so rash as to assume an opinion on the matter.

Captain Brain
31st March 2006, 12:59 AM
Did you ask any of them about this? The thought certainly counts, but you oughtn't be so rash as to assume an opinion on the matter.

That is why I said think. And this is a surprise.;025;

Crazedyanma
31st March 2006, 1:00 AM
I think moderators would prefer a thread like this then having to close twenty other bad threads and with the time they save actually get to post their opinions. ;025;*reports* Well I don't think so. This thread is one that's most likely to be closed by the Mods, so that just means more work for them. When creating a thread, you need to make sure the thread has a good point. I still give you credit for trying to help. Most newbs aren't as generous as you are. And that's a good thing. :)

~Crazed;193;

Fox
31st March 2006, 11:44 AM
Its a good idea, but most people will do any of the following:

Post the thread anyway
Post many pointless potential threads
Ask why their thread is not good, and complain about it
Get annoyed at the lack of a response toward their topic

Anyway, if anyone is worried whether or not a topic seems pointless, well, if you have doubts, then you probably shouldn't post it. Otherwise, ask an active mod, mod+, SMod, or Admin.

With that, unless any of the staff thinks this has potential, this thread is now closed.