PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Myojin of Cleansing Fire

~RaikouRider243~
31st March 2006, 6:54 PM
Myojin of Cleansing Fire

Champions of Kamigawa Rare

5WWW: Legendary Creature - Spirit

Myojin of Cleansing Fire comes into play with a divinity counter on it if you played it from your hand.
Myojin of Cleansing Fire is indestructible as long as it has a divinity counter on it.
Remove a divinity counter from Myojin of Cleansing Fire: Destroy each other creature.

4/6

Sweetness. 8 for a 4/6 indestructible doesn't seem that hot, but it basically has an instant speed Wrath of God built in. Too bad it doesn't prevent regeneration...it's still pretty nice though. Second best Myojin IMO, though Yosei the Morning Star is a better play for white control decks. This kind of ability works well with the way the Orzhov deck works, but it's too color intensive to play in that deck.

3.5/5

Shadow Trainer
31st March 2006, 8:17 PM
Instant Wrath and indestrutability are good and the 4/6 body is nice. Though this still suffers the high mana cost issue that all the Myojin have. This is probably the best or second/third best of the Myojin. 3/5

Sika
2nd April 2006, 8:07 AM
It's nice, but I would prefer a Wrath of God.

I don't particulary like big creatures (I'm a Johnny). The price is big, the creature is not really that strong. the ability is good, but just look above in my post. At least it has flavor and a cool art.

2.5/5

skiboydoggy
3rd April 2006, 5:31 AM
Hmm... It allows you to score a free hit for four damage...

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd April 2006, 5:33 AM
One word. Ouch.

This kills off teh whole field, and pretty much screws too many creatures. You can really go trigger-happy with this. Plus, it's cheap at 8 mana. ^_^

4/5