PDA

View Full Version : Lock/ Unlock topics.

liquinn
31st March 2006, 9:16 PM
I think some people, Who the mods/Admin's like. Should maybe have the rights to lock unlock there own topics. But thinking about it. The users can maybe abuse the locking system as if a mod locks there topic, They will be able to open it and carry on the spam.

Mods, I beleive locking a topic is part of a mods right. I have a website so i know how hard it is to moderate forums such as these.

Liquinn, Im sorry if some people consider this as spam.

Fluorescent Adolescent
31st March 2006, 9:31 PM
Took me a while, but eventually, I found out what you were on about :/

All members have the power to delete their own topics and also, on request to a mod/admin, they can have it locked. So really, there is no need/point of them having such powers.

liquinn
31st March 2006, 9:35 PM
Nice. I See. I dident know you could do that. Anyhow, I have to go. I'll check here tomorrow. Bye.

Ethereal
31st March 2006, 9:39 PM
Wait....I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread.

You say that people should be able to lock and unlock their own threads. Then, you say that this will lead to people abusing this power. You refuted your own idea. Therefore, this topic nullified itself. O_o

Here's how I see it. Many people would end up closing their threads (let's use a debate topic, for example) if people didn't agree with them. They could close threads just because they don't want people posting in them. SPAM possibilities are huge here, when you really think about it.

And yes. Yes, this thread is SPAM. :>

Shadow Lugia206
1st April 2006, 6:36 PM
Nevermind.

Fiery Blaziken
1st April 2006, 7:10 PM
God no that'd be horrible. @_@
We'd have n00bs in debate threads going "lol i dnt liek u cuz u beet me in d3bate " and then closing the thread.

Nevermind.
Then delete your post, *******.

Chris
1st April 2006, 7:19 PM
Right..I'll close this now. >_>;