PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Wash Out

klducks
1st April 2006, 4:39 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/invasion/wash_out.jpg
Wash Out - Invasion. Uncommon
3U: Sorcery
Return all permanents of the color of your choice to their owner's hands.
"Rest now. You've neither won nor lost, but this battle is over for you just the same."
-Teferi

I can see this card abused in casual Simic Decks vs. Mono colored decks. Wash Out, swing for all. This can be quite a heavy hit towards colored token decks. 4 mana... just like Faith's Fetters, is a bit too much for it to be in all decks, but it's still worth playing.

The Duck's Rating: 3.25/5

~RaikouRider243~
2nd April 2006, 4:58 AM
Whee, bounce all your opponent's stuff back to their hand. Are forests considered green permanents, etc?

klducks
2nd April 2006, 5:00 AM
Lands are colorless.

Shadow Trainer
2nd April 2006, 5:03 AM
Decent card. Massive bounce is always good, would have been better as a instant though. 3/5

Sika
2nd April 2006, 7:55 AM
Analyzing tha card in the context of Invasion (multi-colored decks), I would say is decent good.

For 3U, it's somewhat expensive. I think that for 5 you can return all the creatures (Evacuation, I think is an instant too :D). And for 4UU, you can use the much funnier Upheaval and clean the board. Yes, I love Upheaval.

Returning to the card in question, at least has the advantage that it can be used to your benefit (that is, return more oppenent creatures than yours).

Not a lot of of decks would feel a real benefit for having this card so:

3/5

skiboydoggy
3rd April 2006, 5:30 AM
Hmmm... Saprolings count as green permanents that disappear immediately after returning to hand right? Hmmm...

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd April 2006, 5:35 AM
Uber-bounce. This will pwn mono-colour decks BIG-TIME. Depends on your metagame, though token decks also die horribly to it.

Of course you wouldn't want to play it if you get a disadvantage.

4/5