PDA

View Full Version : About the towers in Ecruteak

icemew
2nd April 2006, 12:10 AM
I was just wondering, what's the name of the one that burned? I've heard Bronze, but is that real or just made up?

-Totodile-
2nd April 2006, 12:26 AM
I thought it was called Burnt Tower

Serebii93
2nd April 2006, 12:43 AM
The sign says:
BURNED TOWER
It was destroyed by a mysterious
fire.
Please stay away,
as it is unsafe.

icemew
2nd April 2006, 12:45 AM
Well, yeah. I mean before. It couldn't have been called that before it was burned, right?

The Organizer
2nd April 2006, 12:56 AM
I always thought it was calleld "Brunt Tower" because ho ho burned down lugias tower and then lugia went to the cave..

icemew
2nd April 2006, 1:00 AM
But it must have had a name before then.

Serebii93
2nd April 2006, 1:02 AM
HISTORY OF ECRUTEAK
In ECRUTEAK, there
were two towers.
Each tower was the
roost of powerful
flying POKeMON.
But one of the
towers burned to
the ground.
The two POKeMON
haven't been seen
since...
ECRUTEAK was also
home to three
POKeMON that raced
around the town.
They were said to
have been born of
water, lightning
and fire.
But they could not
contain their
excessive power.
So they say the
three ran like the
wind off into the
grassland.

Old man[in house]:
This happened when
I was young.
The sky suddenly
turned black. A
giant flying POKe-
MON was blocking
out the sun.
I wonder what that
POKeMON was?
It was like a bird
and a dragon.

Little Boy[in house]:
Is there really a
POKeMON that big?
If it exists, it
must be powerful.

Old man[Outside]:
ECRUTEAK used to
have two towers:
one in each the
east and west.

ECRUTEAK sign:
ECRUTEAK CITY
A Historical City
Where the Past
Meets the Present.

Well, The tower could have been th East Tower. Or maybe the Bronze Tower. I, personaly, think that it was the Bronze Tower.

Shiny Heracross
2nd April 2006, 9:36 PM
Hmm, well it only seems right to have a name, so along with Tin Tower, we could have...Aluminum Tower! lol

shining-Celebi
2nd April 2006, 9:50 PM
I don't remember the story very well, but I think I heard somewhere that the Burnt Tower burned down the pokemon that roosted there flew away Yadayadayada then the townspeople built another one in hopes of the pokemon that roosted there, before, returned to the city.

Serebii93
2nd April 2006, 10:37 PM
Hmm, well it only seems right to have a name, so along with Tin Tower, we could have...Aluminum Tower! lol
It's quite posible that it is/was Aluminum Tower...

Deoxys Strain
2nd April 2006, 11:30 PM
Are we talking about the burnt tower cause it used to be known as the bronze tower

icemew
3rd April 2006, 12:48 AM
Really? But is that official? Where'd you hear it? Because I've heard people say that, but I don't know where it came from.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
3rd April 2006, 1:01 AM
this is off topic but wheres the rainbow wing?

MetalMario
3rd April 2006, 1:07 AM
I recall a man in Crystal saying it was called the Brass Tower. It makes sense, colour-wise: Brass -> Gold, Tin -> Silver

Naraku_Diabolos
3rd April 2006, 1:28 AM
I always thought it was calleld "Brunt Tower" because ho ho burned down lugias tower and then lugia went to the cave..

XDDD

The tower was burned by thieves who sought the power of Ho-oh. However, three Pokemon perished in the flames. The "Burnt" Tower was originally called the Bronze Tower.

Remember the three Wise Ones (guardians of the Tin Tower in Crystal) all had a Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon? I think there might be a connection that when there were guardian Pokemon who looked over the Bronze Tower and perished. See, Raikou, Entei and Suicune are the same types as Jolteon, Flareon and Vaporeon. There might be a link between the six, but that's my opinion...

icemew
3rd April 2006, 4:18 AM
The tower was burned by thieves who sought the power of Ho-oh. However, three Pokemon perished in the flames. The "Burnt" Tower was originally called the Bronze Tower.

Where did you hear that?

Naraku_Diabolos
3rd April 2006, 5:30 AM
The anime. Eusine and Morty talk about it to Ash, Misty and Brock. I have it on GBA video. It's the episode when Ash meets Suicune for the second time. Eusine goes nuts and tries to capture Suicune but loses when his Alakazam is Roared back into its PokeBall.

Serebii93
3rd April 2006, 8:45 PM
I recall a man in Crystal saying it was called the Brass Tower. It makes sense, colour-wise: Brass -> Gold, Tin -> Silver
That's a likely theory, too. I think maybe you are right...

Fizz
4th April 2006, 7:56 AM
Doesn't it say in Crystal it's called the Bronze Tower? I haven't played it in a while, but I think I've heard it said in-game.

DIZZI
4th April 2006, 2:58 PM
It's quite posible that it is/was Aluminum Tower...
I was thinking the exact same thing!

icemew
6th April 2006, 10:11 PM
I guess there's no real answer...Oh well.

Satoshi
6th April 2006, 11:18 PM
I've played Crystal 10 times over and I've never saw anyone call it the "Bronze Tower".

Dunsparce
7th April 2006, 1:57 AM

You are 100% Correct. It was indeed called the Brass Tower. I remember info like that alot. Doesn't anyone else remember the old man saying that?!?!?

Edit: Here, I ripped this off of my Crystal ROM:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Moolmomo/Brass.png

Clockworkz
7th April 2006, 3:30 AM
I JUST played Crystal and caught Suicune. It was called Brass Tower.

You all need to play more Crystal.

Serebii93
7th April 2006, 9:27 AM
You are 100% Correct. It was indeed called the Brass Tower. I remember info like that alot. Doesn't anyone else remember the old man saying that?!?!?

Edit: Here, I ripped this off of my Crystal ROM:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/Moolmomo/Brass.png
Holy Crap! So it was Brass Tower! Great Job, Dunsparce!

Neo
7th April 2006, 9:38 PM
Wow, it is Brass Tower. I knew it was something beginning with 'B' and that I'd heard it sometime through Crystal. I really thought it was Bronze, but then I read Brass and thought it could be that... But oh well, at least we all know now! :)

Dunsparce
7th April 2006, 11:03 PM
Holy Crap! So it was Brass Tower! Great Job, Dunsparce!

Thanks. I knew that it was called the Brass Tower for ages. I just needed to take a pic to prove it. I've memorized that and the whole backstory of Lugia once being at the top. When it burned down, Lugia flew away. It's all really interesting. That is why Crystal is my favorite Pokemon game OF ALL TIME...

*Sulks about not being a GSC Mod*

Self-pity is pathetic, so don't be another Dunsparce, kids.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
8th April 2006, 1:09 AM
i need to know were the wing is to get to the other tower in ecruteck!!!

Serebii93
8th April 2006, 7:44 AM
i need to know were the wing is to get to the other tower in ecruteck!!!
You are bumping the topic, you newb. But, I'll tell you anyways.

If playing Silver:
You get the Silver Wing after you defeat the Rockets at Radio Tower. Rainbow Wing is in Pewter City. *Goes to Pewter City* Ah, you need to talk to the Old Man next to the PokeMart.
If playing Gold:
You get the Rainbow Wing after you defeat the Rockets at Radio Tower. Silver Wing is in Pewter City. *Swiches Games* *Goes to Pewter City* Ah, you need to talk to the Old Man next to the PokeMart.
If playing Crystal:
Follow the Gold directions.

MetalMario
8th April 2006, 7:51 AM
Not bumping, but definitely going off-topic. The last post was today. *sicks Shinnix on porygon2lover again*

Fizz
8th April 2006, 8:34 AM

If playing Silver:
You get the Silver Wing after you defeat the Rockets at Radio Tower. Rainbow Wing is in Pewter City. *Goes to Pewter City* Ah, you need to talk to the Old Man next to the PokeMart.
If playing Gold:
You get the Rainbow Wing after you defeat the Rockets at Radio Tower. Silver Wing is in Pewter City. *Swiches Games* *Goes to Pewter City* Ah, you need to talk to the Old Man next to the PokeMart.
If playing Crystal:
Follow the Gold directions.
In Crystal you get the Clear Bell after the Radio Tower incident. To get the Rainbow Feather you must catch Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (trading doesn't count) and go to the old man in Tin Tower. Stairs appear and you can get to Ho-Oh like normal. The Old Man in Pewter gives you the Silver wing like in Gold. This is just going by memory, if I'm wrong sorry 'bout that.

Serebii93
8th April 2006, 9:06 AM
In Crystal you get the Clear Bell after the Radio Tower incident. To get the Rainbow Feather you must catch Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (trading doesn't count) and go to the old man in Tin Tower. Stairs appear and you can get to Ho-Oh like normal. The Old Man in Pewter gives you the Silver wing like in Gold. This is just going by memory, if I'm wrong sorry 'bout that.
I forgot all about that! Thanks for re-freshing my memory...

~Flareon~
12th April 2006, 10:13 AM
I agree with Serebii93. It's called the Burned Tower.

Dunsparce
12th April 2006, 10:43 PM

Read the rest of the thread's posts. It was called the Brass tower. Note the picture I took.

Serebii93
13th April 2006, 7:31 AM
I never once stated that it was Burned Tower. I did state that I agree with Brass and Bronze Tower, though. And you just broke a SerebiiForums Rule!

10. Do not just reply saying: "Yeah, I agree" or "No, I disagree". Explain yourselves.

There you go! You didn't explain yourself. Just a 'I agree' thing.

DomeFossil
13th April 2006, 4:23 PM
I hope anyone hasnt beaten me to it, but it was called Brass Tower in GSC, I am sure of it.

Dunsparce
13th April 2006, 4:33 PM
I hope anyone hasnt beaten me to it, but it was called Brass Tower in GSC, I am sure of it.

Too Late. They all now KNOW it's called the Brass Tower because I took a picture for everyone to see.

SuperShadow
14th April 2006, 12:51 AM
Great find Dunsparce, I always thought that it was called Burnt Tower. That was a good pic. that was on your ROM!

Serebii93
14th April 2006, 1:32 AM
Great find Dunsparce, I always thought that it was called Burnt Tower. That was a good pic. that was on your ROM!
If you could read, or if you had brains, you would see that It is called Brass Tower before it was burned to the bottom level. It's called Burned Tower now. Not then. Read the rest of the stuff.