PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Myojin of Seeing Winds

~RaikouRider243~
2nd April 2006, 8:00 AM
Myojin of Seeing Winds

Champions of Kamigawa Rare

7UUU: Legendary Creature - Spirit

Myojin of Seeing Winds comes into play with a divinity counter on it if you played it from your hand.
Myojin of Seeing Winds is indestructible as long as it has a divinity counter on it.
Remove a divinity counter from Myojin of Seeing Winds: Draw a card for each permanent you control.

3/3

...Ick. The worst of the Myojin by far. Infinite Rage is bad because it costs 10 mana...and by the time you get this guy out, you'll have...around 15 to 20 permanents out... so most of the cards you get will go to the discard pile. I don't see how this helps any blue deck really...there are much more efficient ways to draw cards when you need them. Not to mention Last Gasp can kill it.

1.5/5

Shadow the Hedgehog
2nd April 2006, 8:47 PM
WOW. This card is so amazing....ly bad. Just no. 1/5

chaoslord
2nd April 2006, 11:00 PM
WOW. This card is so amazing. 3/5

there, i fixed your quote for you.

This isnt so much an amazing card, but its still a decent one.

It wishes it were Necropotence though.

So, its something that allows you to draw a lot of cards. If it didn't cost so much, this sounds like a really good idea for Psychatog + Upheaval.

Actually, it STILL sounds like a really good idea for that, assuming you arent able to find both of those cards in 10 turns. And assuming that, if this is true, you somehow havent lost yet. And assuming you want to play with cards from a bad block.

Although, this question seems very obvious to me: Feldon's Cane much guys?

Shadow Trainer
3rd April 2006, 2:19 AM
This is one of the best Myojin, since it takes advantage of it's high mana cost and has an awesome ability. To play this you need ten lands that's ten permanents already, so when you remove the counter off of this thing you will be drawing ten plus cards, which is awesome. The indestructability is good too, though the 3/3 body is alittle small. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd April 2006, 6:08 AM
This card......it's just screaming to chop a whole big chunk of the deck into the graveyard. Unless you're going to be playing stuff like mad, one whole big chunk is flying into that graveyard. Deck out, anyone?

Of course, it is possible you can use all the cards, but I'd rather not.

1.99/5

Kaizer
3rd April 2006, 2:01 PM
Just a quick question for those who are rating this card low:

Since when is drawing 10 - 20 cards at near instant speed ever a bad thing?

The point that you keep missing isn't that you'll be discarding a large chunk of those, because you probably will, but instead that you'll be weeding through that much of your deck. This is late game, so land will probably be harder to come by in the deck and that means nothing but good cards. This allows you to completely rebuild a hand from scratch or simply throw away another, worse hand. It allows you to find what you need for the situation, because if it's not within 20 cards, you're screwed anyways.

Massive draw is almost never a bad thing. Just because you may have to ditch a few cards doesn't suddenly make it suck either. All that this card really comes down to is do you have the playing ability to throw away the right cards?
;245;

I suppose there's always 'Tron for those who find this too slow...

~RaikouRider243~
3rd April 2006, 4:45 PM
Or you can always try playing a Spellbook...

Felix Feral Fezirix
4th April 2006, 4:42 PM
Well, late game I'm usually pulling monsters for beatdown or just whittling my opponent down with Pestilence, so I'll be hacking off most of my deck if I played this.

Then again, this card can also give you that unexpected win against the odds. Then again, I haven't seen any blue deck that needs to yank out some forte card. Then again, I've only played against two blue decks: One on unblockable, another one on Myr Overload........

But I don't want to deck out if I play this card if I play too many things. It's pretty scary. Graagh. My brain is beginning to sink into insanity. WHen I end my unjust suffering, I shall try reasoning again......