PDA

View Full Version : Team Suggestions?

Shadow_Fox
2nd April 2006, 5:21 PM
Dont think this belongs in Rate My Team. Was wondering what I could add to my Crystal party.
So far, I just beat Jasmine and only have Chikorita, Growlite, Gastly and Noctowl, all level thirty three. Need advice, please.
~

Magma Grunt Alex
2nd April 2006, 7:11 PM
Why dont you just tain them to higher levels? I had only two pokemon on my crystal version and I beat her!

My two pokemon was

Chickorita
Rocky (onix)

But I suggest that you go catch a Bellsprout or something to trade it for the onix ok?

ShadowCloud62
2nd April 2006, 7:15 PM
I beat Jasmine in my Silver version with just a Totodile (back then it was already a Croconaw, named him Toto). Since Pryce, the ice type guy (I believe he's next after Jasmine), uses ice types I think you should just train your pokemon more. You don't have to have six pokemon all the time.

Clockworkz
2nd April 2006, 7:15 PM
What're you doing with Chikorita and Gastly at level 33? o_O
Raise Growlithe to 34 to learn flame wheel. Hypnotize with Gastly, switch to Growlithe to Flame Wheel them into oblivion. Same goes for Steelix, though it would be wise to have something with Surf just in case Steelix makes trouble. Being part Ground sucks for him.

Shadow_Fox
2nd April 2006, 10:56 PM
What're you doing with Chikorita and Gastly at level 33? o_O
I don't evolve them untill they lear their last useful moves (Not a big fan of TMs), most of the time. Saves training them up 15 some more levles, even if their stats are a bit lower untill you let them evolve.

And thanks for all the advice on the two gyms, but Im trying to figure out what to add to/change with the party in total. On the Raido Tower now, all at lv 35. Trying to figure out what the team will be in the long run is what Id like help with.
~

Captain Brain
3rd April 2006, 1:41 AM
I never allow any Pokemon to evolve once until lv50, because by then any basic Pokemon has learned all its techniques. Ex. Magikarp, Caterpie, Weedle, Evee, etc. After level fifty I evolve them every level.;025;

Shadow_Fox
4th April 2006, 1:37 AM
Its a good training method, I agree, Im still kind of looking for help though.
~

Illegible
4th April 2006, 1:43 AM
Perhaps:
Staryu (fish @ Nightime at specific locations)
Dratini (not for the Dragonite, but they are very flexible with TMs, and can help you with Claire)
Houndour if you are desperate you could get.-useful for Will of the E4.
Train up a Butterfree or Beedrill-Bug types are not given enough credit...

AJ Flibble
4th April 2006, 8:03 PM
Pity you won't be able to get Houndour before the E4 unless you trade. That's what I did. Get a Good Rod, and go to where the S.S Aqua boards, fish, and you'll find a Chinchou. It's stat's suck at first, but the type combo is sweet and Thunderwave and Confuse Ray are helpful. If you want, of course. Or pick up something random and train that, something you've never used before.

Illegible
4th April 2006, 9:45 PM
Or pick up something random and train that, something you've never used before.

...or would not normally use. I have come to find that some of the most powerful pkmn are the ones that are more sparingly used. Chinchou is a good one, as I did not even think of it atm...as I said, Staryu works, I have never tried Stantler yet, but it may be promising also...

So, just experiment.

.TraX.
4th April 2006, 11:04 PM
Why dont you just tain them to higher levels? I had only two pokemon on my crystal version and I beat her!

That's just bloody helpful isn't it.

For the OP, I recommend strongly investing in a water type and an electric (Staryu or any water which can learn and ice attack and probably mareep or an evolved form of mareep).

Lugia34
5th April 2006, 12:33 AM
I went into those two gyms with Poliwhirl, Graveler and Ampharos and destroyed them. Poliwhirl beat Piloswine and Steelix, Graveler beat the two Magnemite and Ampharos shocked the Seel/Dewgong. Any good water, ground and electric would do well, I guess. I always do Jasmine after Pryce, because her pokemon are at higher levels. I don't know why they but Pryce after her...

;249; Lugia34

AJ Flibble
5th April 2006, 6:19 PM
That's just bloody helpful isn't it.

For the OP, I recommend strongly investing in a water type and an electric (Staryu or any water which can learn and ice attack and probably mareep or an evolved form of mareep).

Or Lanturn. Both in one, and in Crystal can get Ice Beam from the move tutor.

A Jumpluff can also be a surprising force with it's high speed, Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, and an offensive attack. Takes time to beat opponents, but it feels great. (mine beat Clair's Kingdra without getting hit because of a missing Hyper Beam!)