PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Goryo's Vengeance

klducks
2nd April 2006, 9:41 PM
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/bok/goryos_vengeance.jpg
Goryo's Vengeance - Betrayers of Kamiwaga. Rare
1B: Instant - Arcane
Return target legendary creature card from your graveyard to play. That creature gains haste. Remove it from the game at end of turn.
Splice onto Arcane 2B (As you play an Arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)

A part of the combo for the Gifts Good Legendary Dragon package. A free swing as well, but it has to be legendary.

The Duck's Rating: 3.25/5

Shadow Trainer
3rd April 2006, 1:21 AM
A nice reanimation card. The legendary clause is alittle hindering, but there are alot of good legendary creatures. 3/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
3rd April 2006, 5:05 AM
Yay for regen for legends! Even though the card only works for legends, it still is good. And you get a free one turn swing. Beatdown. Sad part is it's removal from the game at end of turn, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about that. 3.5/5

Sika
3rd April 2006, 10:33 PM
Just beacuse Kamigawa was a block of MANY Legendaries, this card makes any sense. But it's not that good. 3/5.

klducks
3rd April 2006, 10:56 PM
Sad part is it's removal from the game at end of turn, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about that. 3.5/5
You do if you want to abuse the Legendary Dragon abilities.

Felix Feral Fezirix
4th April 2006, 3:30 PM
True, but most people will figure out how to abuse it before using this card. Most people who use combos will make sure it will go a real long way. At least in my metagame. So if I see a combo coming and I can't stop it, chances are it's doomsday. So sue me.

klducks
4th April 2006, 11:17 PM
I guess I should mention that if you dont want to splash green for Greater Good or run something like Plagued Rasulka, theres always Footsteps of the Goryo if you want to abuse the legends.