PDA

View Full Version : Which Pokemon needs to be shown?

raticatelover
3rd April 2006, 6:31 PM
There are so many Pokemon the writers never put in.
Almost all of Johto Pokemon except Espeon/Wobbuffet/Donphan/Scizor
never get screentime.
Also some Indigo Pokemon such as Exeggcute/Cubone/Mankey and their evolutions are never shown anymore. Also-when was the last time the writers brought in an Arbok or Weezing? This is a crime to those Pokemon.

CyberCubed
3rd April 2006, 6:34 PM
Are you kidding, they have 386 Pokemon to cycle through, of course some Pokemon will be shown more than others. Every Pokemon has been in the show except for Porygon2, so it's not like they've never been shown.

Sure, I'd like to see Rapidash again as well as some lesser seen Pokemon like Gardevoir, but there's nothing major about it. I'll just wait till whenever they're shown again.

PDL
3rd April 2006, 6:38 PM
Gardevoir

this is the correct choice.

gpt11
3rd April 2006, 8:07 PM
im sure there was an arbok in a contest

S.Suikun
3rd April 2006, 8:27 PM
Before you-know-who says it...
DUNSPARCE!

And for the record, Arbok did recently have a cameo in a contest episode, but that was all.

Flamez
3rd April 2006, 9:57 PM
Yeah but Arbok and Weezing were seen quite often for more then what 300 episodes, while dunsparce and gardevoir have been completely back stabbed. You know if they dont show dunsparce its ok but gardevoir should've made an appearance as one of anabel's pokemon but the writers gave her other pokemon instead, very stupid IMO. There are plenty of other pokemon as well that we dont see. I want to ash battle a Kangaskhan for some reason.

Rodian
3rd April 2006, 10:17 PM
Dunsparce is law. Law, I tell you. Team Rocket would totally suit one. But make it a kickass type. Not the usual 'Omghug/strangle/eat James' thing. Make it more like Jessie's Likitung was.

Kabuto
4th April 2006, 12:04 AM
Salamence, Tyranitar and Houndoom (that wins for once >_>) right now!

Gravy
4th April 2006, 12:48 AM
Well, the pokémon that I have in mind is...
...oh poo.

Heracross
4th April 2006, 1:05 AM
Make it more like Jessie's Likitung was.
Except not neglected. D:

Vix
4th April 2006, 1:23 AM
My List:
Gardevoir
Unown
Ledian
Aipom
Golduck

Ralts Master
4th April 2006, 2:09 AM
Gardevoir line.

And Porygon 2. For God's sake, give the thing an appearance in a contest or something...

CyberCubed
4th April 2006, 2:49 AM
Golduck

Golduck? One of the writers favorite water types that shows up quite commonly, even in AG? Golduck appears way too damn much, there are other water types that barely get screentime, (Sharpedo, Huntail, Gorebyss, etc)

Heracross
4th April 2006, 2:59 AM
Harisen would be a good candidate as well. It's right up there with Nokocchi in terms of shaftage.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~
4th April 2006, 3:20 AM
Gardevoir desperately needs screen time. It's just crying out, but the writers choose to ignore it...

Unfortunately, Porygon's reputation has tainted Porygon2's as well. The show can't afford to risk being cancelled because they showed the porygon line.

packerdan
4th April 2006, 3:21 AM
I never cared much for Dunsparce or the Ralts line, so their absence doesn't bother me at all. The only pokemon I think that need some more screentime for me to be satisfied are the Rapidash line, the Manectric line (I don't qualify a cameo with Noland's pokemon as a justifiable role), and Machamp. But we can wait for them to appear, it's all good.

Looper Bone
4th April 2006, 6:28 AM
Porygon2
Gardevoir...Ash should battle it
Tyranitar.....only if Ash battles it
Salamence.....only if Ash battles it

That's all i care about

DEMONCAMERUPT
4th April 2006, 8:14 AM
hey what about Kechleon, Magby, Gulpin, Swalot, Trapinch, Ninetails and ........ Slaking

Medea
4th April 2006, 1:35 PM
Porygon2
Ralts/Gardevoir
Dunsparce
Ponyta/Rapidash

Baby_Biyomon
4th April 2006, 3:00 PM
Mewtwo, Mew, and Celebi

Dephender
4th April 2006, 3:36 PM
Are you kidding, they have 386 Pokemon to cycle through, of course some Pokemon will be shown more than others. Every Pokemon has been in the show except for Porygon2, so it's not like they've never been shown.

Unless I've missed a small cameo somewhere, Dojoach only appeared in the skipped shaking island episode, and could use another appearance somewhere if they're not going to air it.

Also, Yomawaru has only had a couple camoes, while it's evolved form has had a starring role in 4 episodes so far. Boo.
EDIT: Blah, no, it hasn't. I'm just mixing it up with Nendoll. That doesn't mean we don't need a Yomawaru episode, though.

ijea4444
4th April 2006, 3:44 PM
I never cared much for Dunsparce or the Ralts line, so their absence doesn't bother me at all. The only pokemon I think that need some more screentime for me to be satisfied are the Rapidash line, the Manectric line (I don't qualify a cameo with Noland's pokemon as a justifiable role), and Machamp. But we can wait for them to appear, it's all good.

They have put machamp in every leauge so far . Like when they say they went to the next round and stuff they always shiw it so i think macamp should be neglected.

Gravy
4th April 2006, 4:00 PM
Unless I've missed a small cameo somewhere, Dojoach only appeared in the skipped shaking island episode, and could use another appearance somewhere if they're not going to air it.
I think I remember it appearing in the first part of the Sootopolis double bill. As part of Juan's water show no less.
But yeah, that's hardly a fair amount of screentime, even if it's just another fish :/

Mewtwo, Mew, and Celebi
What? Aren't a couple of movies and feature-length specials enough or something?

[Kingdra]
4th April 2006, 4:11 PM
It shows a whole lot in the intro

Rodian
4th April 2006, 6:50 PM
^ Except neglected. :D It'd make an awesome Rollout counter to Donphan. :p

CyberCubed
4th April 2006, 6:51 PM
Barboach was in the first Sootopolis Gym episode as part of Juan's water show, but we only saw it for like 5 seconds.

Well we know the writers did originally make an entire filler about Barbroach, so it was meant to have a proper debut, too bad that episode was banned. :p

As for the legendaries listed above, Mewtwo is the only one that needs to return. Mew and Celebi both got recent AG appearances, Mewtwo hasn't been seen since Johto.

Not to mention Mewtwo returning could bring Giovanni and the other Rockets back into the fold, so it would be worth seeing. That and May and Max haven't seen Mewtwo yet, and I want to compile a list of all Pokemon that May has seen, since she's a major character I want her to see all 386 Pokemon just like Ash has. Good thing a lot of Kanto/Johto Pokemon are in AG, so she's seen a ton of them already.

hustenapfel
4th April 2006, 7:41 PM
I´d like to see Jumpluff,Wigglytuff,Mantine and Dewgong.They could need another Appearance.

Yamato-san
4th April 2006, 9:25 PM
Barboach was in the first Sootopolis Gym episode as part of Juan's water show, but we only saw it for like 5 seconds.

Well we know the writers did originally make an entire filler about Barbroach, so it was meant to have a proper debut, too bad that episode was banned. :p

As for the legendaries listed above, Mewtwo is the only one that needs to return. Mew and Celebi both got recent AG appearances, Mewtwo hasn't been seen since Johto.

Not to mention Mewtwo returning could bring Giovanni and the other Rockets back into the fold, so it would be worth seeing. That and May and Max haven't seen Mewtwo yet, and I want to compile a list of all Pokemon that May has seen, since she's a major character I want her to see all 386 Pokemon just like Ash has. Good thing a lot of Kanto/Johto Pokemon are in AG, so she's seen a ton of them already.

Good point on Haruka seeing Mewtwo. However, if any legendary should make an appearance any time soon, it should be Raikou. Sure, it got a special to itself, but it didn't feature Satoshi. It is thus far the only legendary Pokemon that Satoshi hasn't seen, in either the main series or the movies. For that matter, Haruka has yet to see any of the legendary beasts.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
4th April 2006, 9:35 PM
Mewtwo, Mew, and Celebi

For the win. But you seem to have forgotten Charizard, Arcanine, Scizor, Alakazam, and all those other poor neglected Pokémon :(

Shedinja needs another appearance, IMO =/ The Togepi mini-arc was OK(if only because of Colonel Hansen :D), but we need to see more of it.

Rapidash, obviously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time it was seen in KANTO? ._.

I can't really recall the last time a Quagsire did something useful. Probably just my memory, but I don't remember seeing it recently =/

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

CyberCubed
4th April 2006, 9:50 PM
Good point on Haruka seeing Mewtwo. However, if any legendary should make an appearance any time soon, it should be Raikou. Sure, it got a special to itself, but it didn't feature Satoshi. It is thus far the only legendary Pokemon that Satoshi hasn't seen, in either the main series or the movies. For that matter, Haruka has yet to see any of the legendary beasts.

Yep, seems kind of strange that Ash has yet to encounter a Raikou after all this time. He must know what it looks like since he saw the robot Raikou in Wattson's Gym, but he needs to see a real one ASAP.

May hasn't seen most if not all of the Kanto/Johto legendaries. Aside from Articuno, Mew and Celebi, I don't think she's seen any other of the pre-Hoenn legends.

Rapidash, obviously. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time it was seen in KANTO? ._.

I think Rapidash was in the background of a recent episode, although I'm not sure. Either way, it IS Kanto now. :D

I can't really recall the last time a Quagsire did something useful. Probably just my memory, but I don't remember seeing it recently =/

Ash battled Quagsire again in "Training Wrecks," which was the episode right before the Groudon/Kyorge 2 parter.

Komedic Konservationist
4th April 2006, 10:11 PM
I think most of the Johto Pokemon need to be re-showcased. They had so much potential, and almost all of it was wasted by the crappiness of the season they were displayed in.

MechaBulba
5th April 2006, 4:15 PM
Porygon and Proygon 2 should re appear. So Porygon was in a banned ep so was a jynx and a dragonair but they re appeared. Both Porygons shopuld appears in an ep out side of a PC and in a contest where there will be no liklyhood of flashing ligthings and strange surreal goings on.

Also Stantler, Tyrogue, Dunsparce, Swinub and Xatu from the Johot lot should come bak.

Ekans, Koffing, Farfecthe'd (in a battle not a camo of it swimming on a pond) need 2 come back from Kanto

and Grandevoir, Gorebyss, Huntail and Grumpig from the 3rd gen

its also time 4 a Manyula 2 appear in an anime ep

SugarFairy
5th April 2006, 4:29 PM
I think Porygon, Porygon 2, Dunsparce, Xatu, Ampheros, Mareep, Smeargle,Natu, Krabby, Aredactl, and more 0_O just cant think of anymore names XD I wish that these Pokemon would make appearences again.. And Proygon 2 needs to make a appearence some day ;-; But I doubt it ever will..

Waterlight
5th April 2006, 6:03 PM
Starmie, Dunsparce or Slowbro.

I'm biased towards Starmie, and Dunsparce and Slowbro rock anyway. We haven't seen any of the three in a while, anyway. >_>

V Faction
5th April 2006, 11:20 PM
List:

Any Pokemon not seen in the last 50 or so episodes!

For example, the Sudowoodo episode that'll be coming upon us in a short while.... Great example.

I'm sure we could stand a Nosepass or 600.

CyberCubed
6th April 2006, 12:39 AM
For the RBY/GSC Pokes not seen in ages, I made a new list of them in my thread.

As for Hoenn ones, we really need to see Gardevoir, Exploud, Nosepass, Slaking, Salamence, Manetric (more than a 2 second screen), Dusclops and Bannette again for starters.

~Flareon~
9th April 2006, 8:27 AM
Umbreon
Salamence
Gardevoir
Rapidash
Butterfree
Primeape

Munchy
9th April 2006, 10:03 AM
I would like to see the Porygons! C'mon, even with some unknown character behind the guys - just a little peek!

And Espeon and Umberon need to be seen more often ^^ Garbevoir, Shedinja and.. Dratini!

Anon e Mouse Jr.
10th April 2006, 11:09 PM

Togepi is actually the only character in the main series (outside of the heroes in the Raikou special) to have seen an actual Raikou. He/She/It got a glimpse of said Legendary in "Howl of the Houndoom". Ash really should meet up with it at some point.

I'd also like them to see a Mantine, outside of the ninth movie.

Geki
11th April 2006, 3:39 AM
I'd love to see an episode featuring Porygon 2. It hasn't appeared in the anime at all yet.

Torkoal Stu
11th April 2006, 5:16 PM
Barboach pretty much needs more, it got even less than Gardevior, then again Barboach was intended to have more just didn't happen.

I'm suprised they never had a Nincada evolution filler, like the Slowpoke one, Nincada's evolution is much more interesting than Slowpoke's. AND way more ineresting then a giant Caterpie evolving for sure >.> So yeah Shedinja needs another appearence to.

Hmm pretty much all the Johto Pokemon, minus ones previously caught plus Scizor, Espeon (unless it includes Sakura ;)) ect.

Also the Gardevior line, maybe a but less Ralts, I mean it did get pretty much the whole episode to itself.

Also Ash's Torkoal needs more battle time and less Oak'd time *shot by Johto starter fans and other Ash Pokemon fans*

sam_h12
11th April 2006, 7:33 PM
Marowak, Houndour, Sunflora. and the only episode the Slakoth line was in was the gym, wasnt it? i always imagined Ash getting given a Vigoroth to use in the Battle Factory. its a shame the writers suck.

Jolteon?