PDA

View Full Version : Shippings with an big age gap

MarcmenX
5th April 2006, 8:19 AM
Any one ever support any shippings between a child/teen character with an adult/old character? I know I have >.>

AnkoXNaruto (Naruto)
AishaXJim (Outlaw Star)
HelbaXKite (.Hack)

Any thoughts on these kinds of couples? Are they sick and twisted to you? Or are the the kind who does not mind it as long as it's pure love (or if it's hawt in a fangirl/boy's point of veiw >.>)

These kinds of shippings doesn't matter to me to be honest (as long as one of the people in the relationship is not a baby, not that would bother me X_X)

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th April 2006, 9:19 AM
Well, I like Eldershipping, and there's probably about 20 years between them...Commandshipping too, but that's, like, a special case.

Tropical Spirit
5th April 2006, 7:23 PM
I don't really have problems with age gaps. I just don't like MY ships to have them. :P (I mean, I *would* support a shipping with an age gap if I found it cool, but, the thing is, I never liked a ship with a big age gap >__>)

...The most I got is KnucklesxTails or TailsxShadow. (Since we don't really know Shadow's age, I dunno if he's older than Knux)

CyberCubed
5th April 2006, 7:47 PM
Pokemon wise, the only one of these I really like is Masumishipping, (Misty/Max)

Assuming Misty is like 14 or 15 and Max is like 8, it's not too big a gap, but it is a a kid and a young teen girl, so maybe. Especially since Misty has gone through puberty and Max hasn't, but whatever.

Ever since that BF episode with Misty and Max lost in a cave together, this ship has been exciting. Both Misty and Max are the same annoying characters who like to pull on Brock's ear, so why not?

Max can easily get a crush on Misty since she's an older girl who is a "revelation" to him, and in Misty's desperation she can go crushing on an 8 year old like the pedophile she is. It's win/win! :D

Mimori Kiryu
5th April 2006, 8:56 PM
I really like Anko/Naruto too. D: So no, I don't think it's wrong. xD

Yggdrasill-sama
5th April 2006, 9:06 PM
Yeah, man. I like Mithos X Genis (Mithos is over four thousand years old) from Tales of Symphonia, Dumbledore X Harry from Harry Potter, Chronos X Judai from YGO GX, and Rita Repulsa X Katherine from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Ketsuban
5th April 2006, 9:31 PM
I obsessively fangirl Oak/Tracey, and there's an age gap of about forty years there.

Kveran
6th April 2006, 12:30 AM
Age gaps don't really bother me. Age to me is more a state of mind than anything else once a person has passed puberty; if one character is young but mature, to me, there is no objection to pairing him/her with a compatible older character. First case that comes to mind is Snape/Hermione from Harry Potter.

Hakajin
6th April 2006, 4:40 AM
Oh, I like this manga called "Tsukuyomi" about a guy, Kohei, who has a young vampire girl, Hazuki, living with him. He's about 20 or so and she's about 8. They bicker and argue a lot, and it's really great. It's sweet.

I also need to pick up one called "MeruPuri" about a teenager named Airi who dreams of a perfect husband and white picket fences and all that. One day, a boy of about 8, Aram, comes through her mirror. Oh, and he has a spell on him that makes him turn into a hot teenager when it's dark. It's cute too.

I mostly like these when the characters fally in love in spite of themselves. If the age gap is small enough, it won't make any difference in the long run.

Magus
6th April 2006, 10:18 AM
This one (http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/112/ryokotenchi3pg.jpg) has an age gap of about 5,000 years. That big enough? :D

Jo-Jo
6th April 2006, 1:32 PM
:D Tenchi Muyo is f*cked up liek woah.

I shipped Tenchi with Ayeka, Washu and occasionally Ryoko. I think in Washu's case the age gap might have stretched to over a thousand years. Then there's Dr. Who - the main ship in that show is between a nineteen-year-old girl and a nine hundred-year-old alien.

Perhaps human/alien ships are cheating, though, because the aliens always look about twenty to thirty anyway, except Washu, who looks either twelve or forty-ish depending which form she's taken.

As for a genuine jailbait ship, I lurves the Tensionshipping. In current canon it's child/adult, but I only imagine it happening six years or so in the future. Eldershipping I have a love/hate relationship with.

Hakajin
6th April 2006, 1:37 PM
Ack! I used to love Tenchi and Ryoko, especially in the Tenchi Universe series! But I never saw how it ended . . .

Anyway, there is one that's really confusing and they end up being the same age. I'm talking about Rumiko Takahashi's short story "Fire Tripper". You'd have to read it for yourself, it's too hard to explain.

Magus
7th April 2006, 6:22 AM
Perhaps human/alien ships are cheating, though, because the aliens always look about twenty to thirty anyway, except Washu, who looks either twelve or forty-ish depending which form she's taken.
I think you're right. :D I suppose that means ships involving vampires, demons, etc are also out. For example, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel have centuries-old vampires and at least one demon who's billions of years old.

Fangirl
7th April 2006, 6:42 AM
I have no qualms with age differences. In fact, I rather like them (nothing makes for good fic'ing like an experienced one and then the ickle virgin. :D!), as long as they don't...you know...look crusty and old. ._.;

In fact one of my favorite shippings (Hiei x Shuichi - YYH) has an age difference of roughly 500 years, and another one of my favorites (Youko x Shuichi - YYH), almost 1000. I guess it really all depends on the characters. I don't mind a hint of pedophilia or craddle robbing here and there...<3

The only thing I really have against age is Demon (or other immortal) x Human ships. It kinda saddens me that one of them is going to get old and withered and DIE and then the immortal ones gets to wander about in MISERY because he or she got to watch his or her lover decline, suffer, and pass on.

Raevell
7th April 2006, 5:45 PM
The only thing I really have against age is Demon (or other immortal) x Human ships. It kinda saddens me that one of them is going to get old and withered and DIE and then the immortal ones gets to wander about in MISERY because he or she got to watch his or her lover decline, suffer, and pass on.

Ahh, but all of that lovely angst!

Well, I'm a bit of a gymshipper and some people think Brock is too old for Misty. :p When it comes right down to it, after a certain age it doesn't matter to me. Once a character reaches puberty, it's all good. I'm also a fan of MithosxGenis. To me as long as these characters aren't going too far... I don't see it being wrong.

Of course, we're also talking fictional characters. My views are quite different in real life.

Gazmof
7th April 2006, 8:15 PM
Kitchenshipping (Brock x Delia) for the win. Then again, I'll ship Brock with just about anybody.

I also like Masumishipping because it's so adorable and we can all relate to Max wanting the HOT OLDER CHICK.

But I really only consider these canon from a one-sided perspective (Brock -> Delia, Max -> Misty). Doesn't make them any less hot though.

S_P
8th April 2006, 5:03 AM
I think in Washu's case the age gap might have stretched to over a thousand years.

If I remember correctly, Washu was "20,000 years old". So, that's a 19,983 year age gap. Not to forget she was one of the three Goddesses of the Universe or something. So you got aliens/demons, but also Gods xD. However, in Tenchi Muyo's case, there was a LOT of cryogenic freezing (Ayeka and Sasami had 700 year ones, Ryoko was trapped/seized/I forgot the word, and Washu was captured and frozen) Basically, the freezing prevents literal aging but the age supposedly does increase.

On the other hand, there is a specific perspective where a lot of older characters when they were younger had a majority of qualities that were similar. Like, an Ookido-hakase 10 years ago is about the same as a current one, relatively (though a 40 year difference is different).

Then you also have time differences. Say in Inuyasha, though I forgot his age completely, is a certain set number. Kagome going back to feudal times would be a certain time difference. So, if Inuyasha when he went to the current time, he would be his set age plus the yearly differences. However, Kagome going back in time (or a different setting), would be her age (like 17) minus the difference, making her a negative age in literal regards. Basically, there's a set equal relative age but then when you take a different time setting, it adjusts accordingly. There's a literal difference, and a figurative difference.

Then you also have things with alternate dimensions too. xD

Oh yes and a lot of anime have different worlds, multiple dimensions, time travel, and whatnot.

Hakajin
8th April 2006, 5:27 AM
Originally Posted by Ushi No Tane

Ahh, but all of that lovely angst!

Well, I'm a bit of a gymshipper and some people think Brock is too old for Misty. When it comes right down to it, after a certain age it doesn't matter to me. Once a character reaches puberty, it's all good. I'm also a fan of MithosxGenis. To me as long as these characters aren't going too far... I don't see it being wrong.

Of course, we're also talking fictional characters. My views are quite different in real life.

If you like that kinda angst, you might like the manga "Immortal Rain". It's about a guy who's immortal, and he's all depressed because everyone he loves dies. And there's also one of these kinds of relationships in it.

Well, it's not the same in real life because sexual situations come into play. I mean, we like it in anime because it's sweet and romantic, but in real life, it's just kinda perverted. People's intentions are never as good in reality as in fantasy.