PDA

View Full Version : PokéChow - The Website! OMG!

blueguy
7th April 2006, 3:09 AM
Heyhey! I've been working on a website for my comic, PokéChow. You can view said website here (www.freewebs.com/pokechow). So, give me some feedback and what-not. I am planning to make more content for the site, such as quizzes etc., later on.

Be aware that the site contains mature subject matter and is "rated" 14A.

Viewed properly with Firefox.

Uber
7th April 2006, 3:29 AM
Pretty nice site ya got there. Nice layout. Do you wanna affiliate with my site? I'll pm you the link if you're interested.

Hiroki
7th April 2006, 4:11 AM
Very Nice.
Just one thing NO FREEWEBS.
If you want decent HTML hosting, I'll get you hooked up with a host for free. =]

MidnightScott
7th April 2006, 7:19 AM
Abhishek - his site is fine the way it is. Just because it's a freeweb doesn't mean it sucks >>;

Congrats on your site blueguy! I like it alot, do you think I could affiliate with you or something? (Do you have a button?)

I like the layout and design. Let me know if I can help you at all! ^_^

Suggestion: Add a comment box or maybe create a forum for all of your comics "blueguy comics inc."

Your friend,

~Scott;229;

♥Princess Ketchum♥
7th April 2006, 1:13 PM
Its awsome xD

Jetx
7th April 2006, 7:59 PM
Abhishek - his site is fine the way it is. Just because it's a freeweb doesn't mean it sucks >>;

Well spoken, geez, I've wanted to say that so many times...

I really like the layout, it's very clever, the updates box is somehow annoying though, i think it's needs to be wider.

Uber
7th April 2006, 8:59 PM

He never said it sucks, just how bad of a host freewebs was, and that he could arrange a better host for it.

chaos on the internet
7th April 2006, 10:39 PM
Hey, alot of potential you got there. This probably the best looking site i've seen on these forums (not that that is saying much but...)

* Your layout scrolls slightly on 800x600.
* I really don't like embedded scrolling - I.E, your panels on the main page. It requires more effort to navigate through the site.
* You might want to find a bitmap font that has the E accent capitalized. Lots of them at www.dafont.com.
* It'd be cool if the actual comic pages had << previous and next >> buttons

Besides that, really great looking stuff. I won't nitpick.

blueguy
8th April 2006, 12:48 AM
Hey, alot of potential you got there. This probably the best looking site i've seen on these forums (not that that is saying much but...)

* Your layout scrolls slightly on 800x600.
* I really don't like embedded scrolling - I.E, your panels on the main page. It requires more effort to navigate through the site.
* You might want to find a bitmap font that has the E accent capitalized. Lots of them at www.dafont.com.
* It'd be cool if the actual comic pages had << previous and next >> buttons

Besides that, really great looking stuff. I won't nitpick.

Thank you very much! ^_^ Scrolls slightly? How so? Well... I'm afraid I'm going to keep the scrolling... Sorry. >_< As for the 'e', I think I'll keep it that way. It's sort of how the game does it, even though it's not technically correct. Originally the comic pages did have these buttons, but I found it would be much easier on my part to do a menu. I'm lazy, sue me. ;) Perhaps in the future these buttons will be added.

Suggestion: Add a comment box or maybe create a forum for all of your comics "blueguy comics inc."

At the moment I am setting up a feedback-type thing which will allow people to report errors and what-not, and am also going to have a guestbook.

Next up is the "Cast" page.

Dex
8th April 2006, 1:14 AM
A cast page? Ah, Perfect.

There should a link for the Spring Comic Awards, maybe.

XxGreivousxX
8th April 2006, 2:20 AM
I am quite impressed with your HTML skills. I though you weren't that techno, I though you could only make good comics, but you proved me wrong.

It needs some work, though.

-The page is too small. Stretch it out downwards.

-Without a forum a site isn't complete. I have enough money to afford vBulletin, I don't think you want to pay for the forums. If you want to keep it simple nothing too fancy, I recommend invasionfree.

-Make your site more alive. There is barely any sections, but I know you will develop, so I won't blame ya.

I will check it daily, and I hope this site makes a success.

-Greiv

~Water Lucario~
8th April 2006, 3:38 AM
Cool website and thanks for the link to the cool Spiritors Resource (http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/nintendo/) website!

ArrEmmDee
10th April 2006, 12:14 AM
This comic is hilarious.
Especially the latest one.

The website is nice too, since it doesn't bring your attention away from the comic, but isn't too simplistic. My only gripe is that as opposed to a dropdown menu for navigation, you could use some forward and back buttons like a lot of other comic sites use.

blueguy
10th April 2006, 12:43 AM
This comic is hilarious.
Especially the latest one.

The website is nice too, since it doesn't bring your attention away from the comic, but isn't too simplistic. My only gripe is that as opposed to a dropdown menu for navigation, you could use some forward and back buttons like a lot of other comic sites use.

I agree. I'm going to be adding these buttons in the near future.

At the moment I'm nearly finished my personality quiz. ^_^ Stay tuned!

EDIT -

Look to mine signatureenheimerstrudel! The test is finished! Take it!

Jetx
10th April 2006, 10:03 AM
The new personality test is cool. I was "Kate".

JKaizer
17th April 2006, 4:35 AM
It's really awesome.

I might suggest you move to a PHP supporting host, and see about making the comic a tad more dynamic - making your own life a tad easier. :D

*needs to read more*