PDA

View Full Version : RBY FAQ - Temp Topic

RaZoR LeAf
9th April 2006, 2:24 PM
Ask your frequent RBY questions here, so I know the sort of useful stuff to put in an FAQ. Surfing Piakchu, Gary's Eevee, Getting the starters, stuff like that

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 7:58 PM
How can you determine what garys ev will evovel into?

Magma Grunt Alex
15th April 2006, 9:07 PM

It must be a Jolteon, on yellow, it was s Jolteon.

blueguy
19th April 2006, 12:24 AM

It depends on if you lose in your first battle with him, win in your first battle with him, or if you challenge him on the route that goes to Victory Road. Depending on which of these things occured, Gary's Eevee evolves accordingly. Can't remember which does what, though...

Here's my q:

What happens to Pikachu (in Yellow version) when one uses Surf?

emeraldellie
19th April 2006, 1:14 AM
There was a topic about Eevee awhile ago, and it was answered in there:

Taken directly from my RBY Guide:
If you lose your battle with your rival at Proffessor Oak's lab, your rival's Eevee will evolve into Vaporeon.

If you win your battle with your rival at Oak's lab, and win the battle with your rival west of Viridian City, your rival's Eevee will evolve into Jolteon.

If you win the battle with your rival at Oak's lab, but lose (or pass up) the battle west of Viridian City, your rival's Eevee will evolve into Flareon.

There you go.

What happens to Pikachu (in Yellow version) when one uses Surf?
Do you mean where does it go? It's overworld sprite just goes away and you turn into the Seel thing, then when you hit the land, it comes back.

RaZoR LeAf
19th April 2006, 1:20 AM
What the ****? Did anybody read my post? This is not a ****ing FAQ thread, I said ask questions that would be found in an FAQ, not use it to answer questions THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED IF YOU OPENED YOUR EYES AND LOOKED ON THE FIRST GODDAMN PAGE

emeraldellie
19th April 2006, 1:55 AM
Oops, sorry.

One question that I see come up a lot is if there are EV's or not in the 1st and 2nd generation.

AJ Flibble
19th April 2006, 12:27 PM
Exact TM locations, eg. TM26 Earthquake - Silph Building Floor 10 or something. HMs could also be the same. Just a thought.

And what Gary's RB team will be depending on what starter you pick. Maybe.

The Benmeister
19th April 2006, 4:13 PM
How about Is it possible to get Mew in this game? (in which the answer would involve the glitch).

blueguy
22nd April 2006, 2:02 AM
How about Is it possible to get Mew in this game? (in which the answer would involve the glitch).

I'm fairly sure it is... There's a method that allows you to catch it... Don't know about Yellow... Let me check...

1. Obtain a Pokémon with the move "Fly" and fly to Lavender Town.
2. Travel to the left of Lavender town and stand in front of the door of the underground tunnel.
3. Take one step down while holding the "start" button. The menu should pop up.
4. Use Fly to fly to Cerulean City. If this step is correctly executed, the trainer below the house should have an exclamation point above his head. This Gambler will probably have been defeated by the time you can fly, therefore it's important not to beat him till you have obtained the HM "fly".
5. From the moment you flew away from the juggler, you can't use the menu again, and you will not be able to save.
6. Walk across the Nugget Bridge to the trainers before Bill's House.
7. Walk above the Youngster with a Slowpoke. Do not talk to this trainer; it results in game freezing. He will attack you, that is, if you haven't beaten him yet. So also for this trainer counts, do not fight him until you got "fly".
8. After defeating the Youngster, fly to Lavender Town and proceed to the left.
9. While proceeding to the Gambler the menu will pop up on its own. You can save now.
10. Press B to dismiss the menu. If the above steps have been followed properly, a level 7 Mew should appear, with 'pound' as its only move.

There you go! And this does also work in Yellow.

And what Gary's RB team will be depending on what starter you pick.

Let me get my guide...

Yellow Version ::

LV 61 ;028;
LV 59 ;065;
LV 61 ;103;

PLUS:

Case 1
LV 61 ;091;
LV 63 ;038;
LV 65 ;135;

Case 2
LV 61 ;082;
LV 63 ;091;
LV 65 ;136;

Case 3
LV 61 ;038;
LV 63 ;082;
LV 65 ;134;

Red/Blue Version ::

LV 61 ;018;
LV 59 ;065;
LV 61 ;112;

PLUS:

Case 1
LV 61 ;059;
LV 63 ;103;
LV 65 ;009;

Case 2
LV 61 ;130;
LV 63 ;059;
LV 65 ;003;

Case 3
LV 61 ;103;
LV 63 ;130;
LV 65 ;006;

There you are!

RaZoR LeAf
22nd April 2006, 12:15 PM
blueguy please take a moment in your busy schedule to read MY post. The one that says "Just ask the questions, don't provide the answers".

blueguy
23rd April 2006, 3:48 AM
blueguy please take a moment in your busy schedule to read MY post. The one that says "Just ask the questions, don't provide the answers".

*takes moment* I don't know why you act as if your post is that clear, because it isn't. Anyways, asking questions so that you... don't get answers? That's kind of stupid. What's the point of this thread then? It makes sense to me that anyone can answer the questions so that when you create the "Permanent" topic you can gather info. from here. But, if I'm wrong please do tell.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd April 2006, 12:03 PM
How do people make FAQ's? By gathering the frequently asked questions and putting them into a single topic. How can you find out what the frequently asked questions are? BY asking people to ask themselves. What is this topic for? To correlate all the questions so they can later be put into a proper FAQ with the answers. I don't want this topic to turn into a spam thread, when the same qustions start getting asked and answered and as soon as somone starts asking about Mew or Missingno, it's overun by glitches *****s who are the main cause of this forum being so full of spam anyway.

Altmer
23rd April 2006, 12:29 PM
Where is that item in that Cerulean City garden (the garden of the dude with badges)?

I can never seem to find that item.

Also Razor leaf count to ten before you type XP

AJ Flibble
23rd April 2006, 12:37 PM
Where is that item in that Cerulean City garden (the garden of the dude with badges)?

I can never seem to find that item.

Also Razor leaf count to ten before you type XP

Wait, what item? Oh well, this is what the FAQ's for. I know in GSC the Beserk Gene was there, but this is RBY.

RaZoR LeAf
24th April 2006, 4:19 PM
The beserk gene is in the Water in GSC. In RBY, there is a Rare Candy hidden behind the house. If I can get my hands on decent screen grabs of the game, I'd show the locations f hidden items that I know of.

The Benmeister
24th April 2006, 8:47 PM
How about:
'Is there an easy way to make my Pikachu happy?'
'Can you catch another Pikachu in Yellow?'
'If another Pikachu is traded to my Yellow, will it follow me around?'
'Where can I get an Eevee?'
'What do I get for obtaining all 151 Pokemon?'

Jish
25th April 2006, 3:48 AM
'Is there an easy way to make my Pikachu happy?'

Keep using Potions on it. Even if it doesn't get healed by the potion, it will still get happier.

'Can you catch another Pikachu in Yellow?'

No. You'd have to trade for one.

'If another Pikachu is traded to my Yellow, will it follow me around?'

No. On a similar topic, if you trade your yellow Pika to another version, you can evolve it and then trade it back. It will no longer follow you, obviously.

'Where can I get an Eevee?'

You find one in the back of the Game Freak building in Celadon City. You only get one per game, so you may want to save before picking it up in order to get one with good stats. However, you can breed multiple Eevees in GSC, and trade them over to RBY as long as they don't know any new moves.

'What do I get for obtaining all 151 Pokemon?'

For getting the first 150 Pokémon, you get the diploma from Celadon's Game Freak building. You do NOT get Mew. (And you don't get Mew in the Japanese versions either. That rumor is FALSE.) If you have Mew in addition to the original 150, you don't get anything special.
Short answer: nothing of interest.

RaZoR LeAf
25th April 2006, 4:31 PM
Forget it I'll do it on my own.